Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

An Open Letter To Donald Trump - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Donald Trump (735 Views)

"North Korea Is Looking For Trouble" Nigerians React To Donald Trump Tweet / Presidency reacts to why pres. Buhari was not invited to Donald Trump's inaugura / Epic Reply To PMB Congratulatory Message To Donald Truimp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Donald Trump by Fynestboi: 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
0PEN LETTER TO DONALD TRUMP
I humbly toggle the key of my phone as an African, a proud Nigerian and a keen defender of the rich cultural heritage of what the word ‘’Africa” stands for. Truth cannot be taken away from your staunch criticism of African nations especially Nigeria where I proudly hail from.

Your attack on Nigerians taking job meant for hardworking Americans is a fallacy of the highest order; most jobs done by Nigerians are menial jobs. Blame the welfare policy of your country that encourages laziness amidst your citizens, than pointing accusing fingers at innocent hardworking Nigerians. The man you saw in Alaska was a tax paying citizen, and not involved in any shady activities, how can just one man in a whole state take the job meant for your citizens? Your statement is buffoonery of the highest degree.

Illusionary promise to make America great again is laughable, from the words of Chinua Achebe of blessed memory: when things fall apart the centre holds no more. I need not remind a man of your calibre on the precept on which your country was built: liberty, equality and freedom. This cannot be achieved when you decide to rule on the line of hatred. You will be destroying the foundation on which America was built as the greatness of America lies in the diversity of its culture, tradition, race and religion. You are gradually calling for the fall of America with your incisive statements.

Laziness does not reside in the marrow of Africans as you’ve asserted, you need to take a tour of Africa to really appreciate what it takes to be hardworking. If hard work is the yardstick to measure wealth, an average African would be a millionaire.

“You can’t give what you don’t have” says a popular witty saying. One of the characteristics of a leader is the ability to love and instill love in the heart of its followers; this characteristic is the watchword of revered American leaders like Lincoln. I wonder where the leadership training you offered to give African leaders will be coming from as you did say that Africa needs a century old recolonization. You lack the temperament to accommodate people of diverse origins, how competent are you to even colonize a country like Nigeria(which is JUST one of the FIFTY SIX countries of Africa)with diverse languages, ethnic and religious beliefs?

It’s naive and insensitive to label Africa a good for nothing place. You ought not to judge people by the colour of their skin, religious belief or gender, but by the content of their character. Africa is a land flowing with milk and honey, beautiful landscapes, rich in mineral resources, don’t need to educate you more on this ,I recommend you take a course on Africa studies to learn more about the sunny continent. I don’t need to say more about the achievement of Africans in sport, literary and technological world. Majority of laurels won by America at global sport fiestas are won by Afro-Americans.

Even though the corrupt leading leaders of the largest continent on Earth has helped the International Communities with the bad tagging and worst naming of the honey flowing nation, but much more Africans have contributed invaluable quota to the development of mankind, even the developed country of yours. Generalizing and hastily concluding, out of a “nanocosm” fraction of the population, that Africa is best unwanted and worst unnecessary is nothing but a thought of a sage-thirstless desperate divider and such must not have been thought of by even a teenager not to talk of an aspiring world leader.

I wish you success in your campaign process, my candid advice is to value human and human relationships irrespective of their colour, race or religious belief, it’s our diversity as human that make the world a nice place to be.

#BOBOYEADEYEMI#

#SUNOFTHESUNNYCONTINENT#

#APROUDNIGERIAN#

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by jmoore(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Any video evidence that he actually attacked Nigerians, huh?
Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by whytepawn1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
have you finished writing.. you can as well copy all the agencies in the country.
Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by divaa: 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Most Nigerians are not doing menial jobs in America, they're mostly professionals - doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.

And secondly, I'm very sure that news was fake.
Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by aries90(m): 6:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Well I will advice you google it,Donald trump actually make the statement,am giving kudos to the writer.
Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by HammerEvery(f): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2016
This writer is an idiottt. The word nigeria is cursed, infact Trump see it as another synonym for Islam which hates. The best thing to do right now is abandon that cursed name and answer your father's name like oduduArewa. nigeria is cursed and dead forever. Nobody wants to associated with it.
Trump is welcome recolonize nigeria, he want get any resistance from the East if comes. The northern muslims should go.
Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by ogasnow: 8:56am On Jan 21, 2016
HammerEvery:
This writer is an idiottt. The word nigeria is cursed, infact Trump see it as another synonym for Islam which hates. The best thing to do right now is abandon that cursed name and answer your father's name like oduduArewa. nigeria is cursed and dead forever. Nobody wants to associated with it.
Trump is welcome recolonize nigeria, he want get any resistance from the East if comes. The northern muslims should go.

What a sad idiot! Let me paint a scenario for you. Trump will not be president...and Nigeria will still be around after your sad life is over. You are lucky and blessed though...because you have the rest of your life to be sad and bitter. Have fun being sad and bitter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Donald Trump by ziccoit: 9:06am On Jan 21, 2016
HammerEvery:

And your are supposed to be a female. Where are your gentleness, compassion, love, warmth, solicitude, sensitivity and tenderness?

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Writing One Of His Useless Letters / I Go Die Meets Vp Osinbajo / 10-provisions-nigerians-are-not-cool-with-in-the-2016-budget-proposal/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.