Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! (6813 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife / I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Pidggin(f): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
OP, why did you block your husband(still doubting) from posting with your moniker suddenly?
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by TV01(m): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

Observation!

The two lovable ladies you mention, can they proffer a headway?

There's this cynical mischief in your recommendation and I'd wonder if you're not been sarcastic with me.
Most certainly - they have the "final solution", and it's worse than the holocaust grin!

TV
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by cococandy(f): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
you're too old for this.

Sigh.

TV01:

Misogynist - a man who does not do exactly what a woman wants, when she wants, and how she wants grin. Whether he has changed or not, if it doesn't please you it's simply wrong on his part. You are in a shitty & abusive marriage. See Cococandy and Bukatyne for next steps.

I have summoned them for you. You are welcome grin.

TV

Dude, why'd you change sex wink

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by cococandy(f): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
And some people are wasting their MBs proffering a solution to this certified troll.

Go for a sex change and decide whether you want to be a man or woman. Then people will know what to tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
TV01:

Most certainly - they have the "final solution", and it's worse than the holocaust grin!

TV

This is epic.

You mean to say they share my standpoint?

You're funny dude... Give Ali Baba a run for his money in the comedy department

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Moana(f): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

You mean I should held the washing water like a senior househelp waiting for him to finish gobbling his meals.

You don't get it. Serving me break fast on bed is quite romantic for a wife but dehumanizing me with archaic fantasy of his is another kettle of fish entirely.
if you don't want to do these "dehumanizing" things as a wife let his girlfriend/ future wife do them for him please. Problem solved. You want royal treatment that you are not willing to give him in return abi

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
cococandy:
And some people are wasting their MBs proffering a solution to this certified troll.

Go for a sex change and decide whether you want to be a man or woman. Then people will know what to tell you.

This is the point I call out my fellow woman for lack of moral decency. TV1 suggested you'd come up with suited solution but what you just displayed is nothing short of emotional delinquency but I'll overlook as the one with the thinking cap.

Next time, understand that civility is not a luxury but a standard moral obligation expected of higher animals in this ecosystem.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
Moana:
if you don't want to do these "dehumanizing" things as a wife let his girlfriend/ future wife do them for him please. Problem solved. You want royal treatment that you are not willing to give him in return abi

Are you for real or you've gotten a sex swap?

Please it's undeserving to compel a sister to accept compromising demeanor. Where's lie the equality?

Can you believe my husband instructs me never to be in the lounge whenever a male visitor came calling. All of a sudden listening to conversation and contributing to with his male friends has turn to disrespecting him.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by cococandy(f): 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

This is the point I call out my fellow woman for lack of moral decency. TV1 suggested you'd come up with suited solution but what you just displayed is nothing short of emotional delinquency but I'll overlook as the one with the thinking cap.

Next time, understand that civility is not a luxury but a standard moral obligation expected of higher animals in this ecosystem.
TV is the know it all.

He has a better idea what marriage is all about than anyone you can ever meet in this life.
Online or offline.
Why not stick to him to advice you.

What do you want from mere mortals with limited knowledge like us

Agbaya oshi.
Person go old finish but refuse to let childhood alone.
Tomorrow you will be a single person, next tomorrow a married man, today a married woman.

Leave foolishness alone.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
cococandy:

TV is the know it all.

He has a better idea what marriage is all about than anyone you can ever meet in this life.
Online or offline.

Agbaya oshi.
Tomorrow you will be a single person, next tomorrow a married man, today a married woman.

Leave foolishness alone.

Believe whatever you want to believe but I'll no longer condone this unwarranted virtuperation. I've been kind enough to allow common sense overwhelmed you but it looks like you're on a vendetta chase.

From a lady to another, maintain the decorum.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by jashar(f): 12:59am On Jan 21, 2016
humble yaself
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Moana(f): 5:45am On Jan 21, 2016
freshvine:

Please it's undeserving to compel a sister to accept compromising demeanor. Where's lie the equality?

Can you believe my husband instructs me never to be in the lounge whenever a male visitor came calling. All of a sudden listening to conversation and contributing to with his male friends has turn to disrespecting him.
my dear the truth is rarely pure and never simple. You do not know how to talk maybe thats why your husband doesn't want you contributing to their conversations. I will not be shocked if your contributions to these conversations has led to unnecessary arguments before.

Was he not playing the role of a driver by opening and closing the door for you? Did you complain then? Was he not playing the role of a cook and a maid by making breakfast in bed for you? Did you complain about dehumanizing him as a male then?

If he starts having extra marital affairs please do not come and make noise for us online. You want to preach about equality when you wont even do half the things he has done for you. Where is the equality in that?

5 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by BluStreak(m): 6:01am On Jan 21, 2016
misspicy:

I think if you really want your marriage to be smooth without misunderstanding, you should obey him,after all he is the head of the family
If you relegate to an 18th century substance like you said,it doesn't reduce your value as a woman/mother,it doesn't kill you,and believe me,he will get tired of it all like someone commented....
why not polish and exalt his ego and see what comes out of it?
don't feel threatened,besides it seems he is fed up of obeying you and needs a change.

family front should be handed differently from seminars and feministic tendencies portrayed in workforce

I hope this helps angry

You seem young and quite playful but when you mean to contribute on topical issues, your contribution is always so overwhelming and beams you in a different waveform. Thanks for this input. Take a forehead kiss kiss joooor. Make she dey there dey speak plenty grammar.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by misspicy(f): 6:08am On Jan 21, 2016
BluStreak:

you seem young and quite playful but when you mean to contribute on topical issues, your contribution is always so overwhelming and beams you in a different waveform. Thanks for this input. Take a forehead kiss kiss joooor. Make she dey there dey speak plenty grammar.
well i am quite young and very playful but I regret wasting my MB here,its just a troll smiley

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 21, 2016
freshvine:

My fear is that some of his negative friends might have prep him with misogynistic tendencies.

I'll beginning to suspect they'd been cajoling him with being pussywhipped, woman wrapper and those loose words branded by insecure men.
I think I get what you're saying. He's trying to do too dramatic of a role reversal; from what you're saying he wasn't doing all those "romantic" things as a sacrifice per se, he was doing them because he is just like that.

At the same time it looks incrediblyyyy selfish & callous to refuse him after all the kindness he has shown you.

Remember that it's not by force, try to get him to keep good, level headed friends. Make sure you show appreciation for things, even things he did for you lonnng in the past. For a while, just give him what he wants, as long as it's not debasing or insane. Sacrificing is not a bad thing.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2016
When did Freshvine become a troll bikonu? Na wao.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by bukatyne(f): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2016
TV01:

Misogynist - a man who does not do exactly what a woman wants, when she wants, and how she wants grin. Whether he has changed or not, if it doesn't please you it's simply wrong on his part. You are in a shitty & abusive marriage. See Cococandy and Bukatyne for next steps.

I have summoned them for you. You are welcome grin.

TV

Dude, why'd you change sex wink

Old man,

This is a new year.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Betti001(f): 8:09am On Jan 21, 2016
It is either this story is fiction or the OP is just selfish or the otimokpo(juju) she used on the man has expired.
How on earth will you think a man's romantic gestures are your right? Men hate it when you think they are foolish to be nice to you.

What have you been doing to appreciate these good gestures from the man? Please @mods stop bringing this type of story to the FB to corrupt the mind of some ladies and men who hope to marry some day.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Shiningmama(f): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2016
I regretted wasting my MB on this stupid post.
Dear poster just take it easy, na small small madness dey start o. It's like you are preparing for an exam, too much grammar de scatter head o

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Biim: 8:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Why are you complaining over things you would have termed romantic if reverse were to be the case? When he was showering you with love, care and attention you didnt complain and now he was to have a taste of what you have had in 2 years you are crying foul grin grin
Aunty abeg reciprocate, he is human too. Maybe you got so comfortable with the treats that you forgot to play your part. This is why i dont it when people fall in love because someone is kind, nice and romantic. What happens when they stop being these things? You go start to complain like out aunty is complaining now.
I feel the op did or has been doing something her husband doesn't like, 2 years is a long time to pretend to be sweet. Or maybe he is tired of you not reciprocating and not being appreciative.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by TV01(m): 10:13am On Jan 21, 2016
cococandy:
you're too old for this.
Sigh.
Quit the ageism, it belies your advanced liberal progressive beliefs grin.

cococandy:

TV is the know it all.
Online or offline.
Agbaya oshi.
Leave foolishness alone.
Appreciate the acknowledgement, however, this thread is not about marriage, it's about divorce, hence my subpeona for NL' foremost divorce-mongers cheesy

I'm happy to admit I can't hold a candle to you in that regard - the audience awaits the words of the divorce gurus.

bukatyne:

Old man,
This is a new year.
You are so bland, can't you even come up with something original? I'm maturing smiley, but you evidently aren't getting any wittier, or intellectually sharper. Hopefully it's "baby-brain" cheesy.

Anyway sha, your product doesn't require great smarts, just the ability to learn and repeat.

TeeVee

...two fakers, always quick to respond to sledgingg, but when asked to substantiate their scurrilous accusations, they remain deafeningly silent... cool

8 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2016
And the OP has achieved his aim.

Unnecessary back and forth over a matter that does not exist.

Why are NL posters so easily fooled

Didn't any notice the change in diction from the initial posts to the 'let me pick from a dictionary posts'. Let me not forget the 'written like a mediocre Nigerian novel opening post'

Y'all should keep your advice for someone who needs it. There is no marriage here that needs saving or otherwise. Just a bored troll.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
@Salsera

What's the requisite indices to judge a real story on this board? Just because few of you on here are living the perfect life shouldn't disqualify real people with real problem from sharing their matrimonial challenges and seeking for solutions.

I understand the frustration and I hereby apologize to all and sundry over whatever my hubby must have done with this moniker. Aside his confessions of philandering during his bachelor days, I see no reason for this remarks.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
what is troll?
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
ifyalways:
When did Freshvine become a troll bikonu? Na wao.

Babe, like someone asked, what's the meaning of "troll"?
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
freshvine:

Can you be serious for all its worth.

How can a lovable man before now trying to experiment with what is unattainable, Is it that he's tired and want out?

A serious contributions is anticipated please

Lovable because he was you slave? Before when he was the wife while you were the husband (except in financial matters), you did not complain or seek for divorce, but now he has assumed his proper role of the husband, you now seek for divorce.

Because you were wifing him before and now his eyes done clear.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
freshvine:

Point of order, I'm a born again. I've given my life to christ so juju is a needless talk.

Let's discuss in the ambit of civility and commonsense!

A born-again? Talking like this?

Ha! GOD have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by WHOcarex: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
agarawu23:
madam, stop speaking grammar and start giving him enough web to browse. Sing with his microphone do those things you think other ladies are doing for him that you aren't doing.
That's if you want him and I am not telling you to use charm on him undecided
Kai! I don chock with the water wey I dey drink. cheesy
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by agarawu23(m): 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
WHOcarex:
Kai! I don chock with the water wey I dey drink. cheesy
cheesy
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by 7footre(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2016
D thin don clear for him eye lass lass..... that baba needs to work harder
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by HIbreed(m): 7:10am On Jan 22, 2016
cococandy:

Point-blanked EPIC

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by HIbreed(m): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2016
freshvine:

wait a minute,are you supposed to interlope uninvited on your hubby's conversation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Bodybuilders And Muscle-bound Guys Attached To Negativity In Nigeria / Please Help My Colleague, Is In A Big Mess! / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.