Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1369558 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by samobaba4u(m): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
ugo4u:
People should be informed abt what they entering into, to avoid had I known.
One of my good friend that just passed out is already regretting dude still dey Taraba for course oo. He said he would have just stayed in his father's house (They're very very well to do) imagine wey Hausa guy wan dash from army, make you no say water done pass garri grin .
In this job the chances of losing your life is very real, let lack of jobs not influence our decision for joining the army, one can join Police, NSCDC Customs etc.

grin grin grin A friend of mine too that just married November last year never enjoys his marriage. Married November, entered training January, POP July. He didn't spent up to a week with his wife after POP and he's in Taraba again for 3/4 months training. Thank God his wife is also an officer serving in lagos, only God knows what would have happen by now.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
samobaba4u:

To be sincere with you, your name will not surface among those that would be consider for shortlistment. You will do yourself a good if you can make it 27 by this September.
Your case is just like what pushed me to dig further last year. I argued with a friend and put in for last DSDC with 30yrs when the instruction says between 20 and 30 years. I went ahead and submitted the application thinking that I have perfected everything. When I discussed with a Lieutenant friend of mine how I filled my form, he told me I was over-age and I argued having been 99% sure of been shortlisted. So I decided to call those numbers and was told categorically that I was not qualify that I would be 31yrs by that January 2019 despite the fact that I just marked my 30th late 2018. That was how I knew the reason why I was told I was over-age the last time I faced Air force selection board. I thought the board secretary didn't like me when he told the chairman that the candidate is over-age because they said 29yrs I I just marked my 29yr before I went for the interview but I was wrong. He never hate me. I should have made my enquiries then but I still do strong head and put in for NA the following year. I want you all to learn from my experience that's why I'm sharing it for all of you. Thanks God Army increased the age to 32 this time. I will try my luck for the last time since 2011 that I've been applying.
A word paragraph is enough for the wise.
In addition peeps should be mindful and careful in filling the form especially those giving theirs to cyber cafe attendants. If anyone mistakenly put a height below army's minimum computer go settle down throway the application for Dustbin grin same with DOB and other stated criteria. We should apply wisdom and make sure all documents tally.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
I did not see were to fill height and selection of course or corps pls is it general.. Dssc applicant
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
enesi009:
I did not see were to fill height and selection of course or corps pls is it general.. Dssc applicant
Hope you ain't using opera mini? Use Google Chrome there is a column for height, course of study etc
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by zheeko: 12:37am On Aug 16, 2019
Pls, I am having some challenges. For the specialization, there is nothing to select.
Is there anyone that has such issue?
Pls I need someone to help me on that.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by zamanii: 2:37am On Aug 16, 2019
samobaba4u:

To be sincere with you, your name will not surface among those that would be consider for shortlistment. You will do yourself a good if you can make it 27 by this September.
Your case is just like what pushed me to dig further last year. I argued with a friend and put in for last DSDC with 30yrs when the instruction says between 20 and 30 years. I went ahead and submitted the application thinking that I have perfected everything. When I discussed with a Lieutenant friend of mine how I filled my form, he told me I was over-age and I argued having been 99% sure of been shortlisted. So I decided to call those numbers and was told categorically that I was not qualify that I would be 31yrs by that January 2019 despite the fact that I just marked my 30th late 2018. That was how I knew the reason why I was told I was over-age the last time I faced Air force selection board. I thought the board secretary didn't like me when he told the chairman that the candidate is over-age because they said 29yrs I I just marked my 29yr before I went for the interview but I was wrong. He never hate me. I should have made my enquiries then but I still do strong head and put in for NA the following year. I want you all to learn from my experience that's why I'm sharing it for all of you. Thanks God Army increased the age to 32 this time. I will try my luck for the last time since 2011 that I've been applying.

2011? wow, I salute you gallant 'soldier'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 16, 2019
samobaba4u:

Mechanical engineering is a registered course with both NSE & COREN. But remember that some institutions are offering courses without COREN/NSE accreditation. So if the course was accredited at the time u were studying, you are good to go and been a registered member is an added advantage but not necessary. If that would be use to screen applicants, those passing out of NYSC won't qualified cos there is now way they would be registered member of NSE/COREN.

Thanks bro
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 6:45am On Aug 16, 2019
samobaba4u:

Oh mehn, thanks i will just apply for DSSC jejeje only ish now is did education but not in that line currently and not entirely clear on this professional certificate ish since there is no regulatory body yet.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2019
Mafialeader:
Oh mehn, thanks i will just apply for DSSC jejeje only ish now is did education but not in that line currently and not entirely clear on this professional certificate ish since there is no regulatory body yet.
If you studied education you must have being given a teacher's certificate, in addition to ur degree. I've forgotten the name the name they call it.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2019
ugo4u:

If you studied education you must have being given a teacher's certificate, in addition to ur degree. I've forgotten the name the name they call it.
TRCN
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2019
Paabiodun:
. TRCN
Exactly.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Boyka007(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2019
samobaba4u:

Thanks for the information bro. We pray for victory
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Boyka007(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2019
ugo4u:

Hope you ain't using opera mini? Use Google Chrome there is a column for height, course of study etc

Lol nobody uses opera mini for important things jare. Unless u want to open goal.com
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by LexyJay02: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2019
Pls my people, I have two questions. If you are currently unemployed, what are we to fill in under employment status and employer. and again, are we to upload medical certificate of fitness or there's no need. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2019
ugo4u:

I wasnt given ooo and this was 2014, na waoo and i cant reduce my age for anything.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:38am On Aug 16, 2019
Mafialeader:
I wasnt given ooo and this was 2014, na waoo and i cant reduce my age for anything.
Go to any teacher training council closest to you, it is just N3000
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by LexyJay02: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2019
LexyJay02:
Pls my people, I have two questions. If you are currently unemployed, what are we to fill in under employment status and employer. and again, are we to upload medical certificate of fitness or there's no need. Thanks

Expecting a reply pls
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sadeeek(m): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2019
LexyJay02:

Expecting a reply pls
me last year i put student and left the employee space blank! was invited for screening to serti where i fail medicals

U can be doing masters or computer training u are still a student
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2019
Sadeeek:
me last year i put student and left the employee space blank! was invited for screening to serti where i fail medicals

U can be doing masters or computer training u are still a student
Please can you share your experience at serti with the house and if possible what medical condition failed you so that we can learn.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamswish: 9:43am On Aug 16, 2019
Here’s what I know about the medicals, talking from my experience as a recruitment official last year.
1) Have a good sight(long sightedness)
2) Don’t be flat footed
3) Have a broad chest
4) Asthmatic patient will not be allowed
5) Measure the required height
6) Be able to run 3.5km under 10/15minutes(for guys) unless they’ll close the gate and you wouldn’t be able to enter, please for this part don’t eat heavily or take drugs like tramadol because the one I was a part of as an official some persons died. So start training.
7) Have a good dentition
cool Your navel must be inside(not having umbilical hernia)
9) You must not have pile disease, Just so you know you all would be naked in the hospital room and you’ll have to bend down opening your anus and coughing at the same time for them to confirm if there’s any pile.
Confirm that all your documents are intact. A single mistake in DOB can screen you out. Feel free to ask questions if you wish. Regards!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by samobaba4u(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2019
Mafialeader:
Finally rectified by BVN issues today, waiting for 48 hours to take effect so i can register.This bank people really stressed me sha.

Word of advice: check your BVN details for errors ooo

It will be of benefits if you can state the requirements for this process. I mean what and what were you asked to bring or submit? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2019
iamswish:
Here’s no what I know about the medicals, talking from my experience as a recruitment official last year.
2) Don’t be flat footed
3) Have a broad chest
6) Be able to run 3.5km under 10/15minutes(for guys) unless they’ll close the gate and you wouldn’t be able to enter, please for this part don’t eat heavily or take drugs like tramadol because the one I was a part of as an official some persons died. So start training.
7) Have a good dentition
9) You must not have pile disease, Just so you know you all would be naked in the hospital room and you’ll have to bend down opening your anus and coughing at the same time for them to confirm if there’s any pile.
Confirm that all your documents are intact. A single mistake in DOB can screen you out. Feel free to ask questions if you wish. Regards!
Thanks for taking your time to shed more light on the subject matter. As the course rep of this thread grin and on behalf of veterans, newbies etc we welcome you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by YOMITEWIN(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2019
Good morning house

I would be 33 year old by May next year. Can I still apply?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by scave(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2019
iamswish:
Here’s what I know about the medicals, talking from my experience as a recruitment official last year.
2) Don’t be flat footed
3) Have a broad chest
7) Have a good dentition

I applied for DSS but my dentition is somhow i have a tooth growing inside will that be a major problem 4 dss because i was thinking it will affect SSC only?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2019
I want to knw if they do accept statement of result.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by intrepidjay1(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2019
t
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dayordee4: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2019
ugo4u:

Thanks for taking your time to shed more light on the subject matter. As the course rep of this thread grin and on behalf of veterans, newbies etc we welcome you.

Lol......able course rep
Av watched your posts very often and you are a good man blessings
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamswish: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2019
scave:

I applied for DSS but my dentition is somhow i have a tooth growing inside will that be a major problem 4 dss because i was thinking it will affect SSC only?

It might not affect, but both ssc and dssc undergo the same medical process.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by scave(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2019
iamswish:

It might not affect, but both ssc and dssc undergo the same medical process.

Thanks alot
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dayordee4: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2019
Even if i have been on this thread for a while now this eould be my first time of applying; there are certain things i would like to adress with 3 major subtitles "The race is not for the swift", "God keepeth his own" and "Help cometh ONLY from God"

I do not intend speaking on the above headings but would like us to muse upon them; no matter what is going on the army presently u can "go in" with your own mindset (as long as u r sure God is sending you there) such that everything works in your favour else you woulf have allowed negative seeds to germinate in your heart and hence control your entire being.....

What is for you can only elude you if you are ignorant of it.......
Your life is not in any man's hand....No!!!!!! Dear gallant men brace up and believe that *all things are working for your good".....

I"ll see you in jaji very soon......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamswish: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2019
You welcome
scave:

Thanks alot
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamswish: 10:40am On Aug 16, 2019
That’s the standard!
Dayordee4:
Even if i have been on this thread for a while now this eould be my first time of applying; there are certain things i would like to adress with 3 major subtitles "The race is not for the swift", "God keepeth his own" and "Help cometh ONLY from God"

I do not intend speaking on the above headings but would like us to muse upon them; no matter what is going on the army presently u can "go in" with your own mindset (as long as u r sure God is sending you there) such that everything works in your favour else you woulf have allowed negative seeds to germinate in your heart and hence control your entire being.....

What is for you can only elude you if you are ignorant of it.......
Your life is not in any man's hand....No!!!!!! Dear gallant men brace up and believe that *all things are working for your good".....

I"ll see you in jaji very soon......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.