Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1372504 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 8:08am On Sep 09, 2019
Prudent5217:
cheesy KODACK never start na wait make I brush first
cheesy grin

Cheeeee

Oya go brush
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:09am On Sep 09, 2019
ogoh4:
If the person gets shortlisted and is medically fit in other areas he will be considered except there's no tsunami
people that didn't meet the height retirement were sent home in January even despite the fact that they needed more men..the game is the game...if you short, get godfather
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 8:14am On Sep 09, 2019
Dammysmart:
thanks for this brother, I'd always have interest in joining the Army Signals by virtue of my experience and exposure to signal knowledge and code writing (Morse code and Flag signals) "not computer coding" altho I'm sharpening my computer coding skills too now. what opportunity can I have to get myself into the signals?? I equally have exposure to constructing gadgets for training and obstacle purposes e.g (Monkey&commando bridges,signal towers to mention a few) through knotting and lashing as well which might help me to get into Army Training Dept. all of these courtesy of my "Scouting Experience". How can I get into these corps where I can fully contribute to the army other than infantry??

ps: I love being on the active field too but yet I want to give in to the Army as well.

I don't understand your "ps" .... Kindly explain.

And with all your expertise and experience you wan still join Army........ Bros, IPOB dey find your type to help train their squad .....to join na free, plenty money go join ....but you must dey wear red cap throughout.

Well I like your morale......cheers mate
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2019
sikowitz17:
people that didn't meet the height retirement were sent home in January even despite the fact that they needed more men..the game is the game...if you short, get a godfather

The bolded is what Yoruba's call aye le

I like that phrase tho........ *If you short, get a godfather*

Cheee

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2019
KODACK:

I don't understand your "ps" .... Kindly explain.

And with all your expertise and experience you wan still join Army........ Bros, IPOB dey find your type to help train their squad .....to join na free, plenty money go join ....but you must dey wear red cap throughout.

Well I like your morale......cheers mate
ogbeni EMI savage ju e lo o but I go still kip kwayet cos u go still b my oga and I no wan begin buy job as at now...NO!

Bro by ps I meant Post script: just like an addendum after a written statement which has been omitted in the lines of the above. So I meant I still would like being in the combat arm assisting but I go like dey for signals or Training corp.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2019
Dammysmart:
thanks for this brother, I'd always have interest in joining the Army Signals by virtue of my experience and exposure to signal knowledge and code writing (Morse code and Flag signals) "not computer coding" altho I'm sharpening my computer coding skills too now. what opportunity can I have to get myself into the signals?? I equally have exposure to constructing gadgets for training and obstacle purposes e.g (Monkey&commando bridges,signal towers to mention a few) through knotting and lashing as well which might help me to get into Army Training Dept. all of these courtesy of my "Scouting Experience". How can I get into these corps where I can fully contribute to the army other than infantry??

ps: I love being on the active field too but yet I want to give in to the Army as well.
toor, depending on your course of study and the type of commissioning you applied.
If it's SSC you might have a shot at Army signals after filling a form during training but it's not certain. If it's DSSC then go for Signal corp upon shortlisting it's certain you will get it.
Though one can change from one corp to another it is however very difficult except you have a godfather.
Infantry corp is the most juiciest in the army, money dey the corp, that's why many officers envy them. Currently, to be a Chief of staff (army) you must be an infantry officer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2019
ugo4u:

toor, depending on your course of study and the type of commissioning you applied.
If it's SSC you might have a shot at Army signals after filling a form during training but it's not certain. If it's DSSC then go for Signal corp upon shortlisting it's certain you will get it.
Though one can change from one corp to another it is however very difficult except you have a godfather.
Infantry corp is the most juiciest in the army, money dey the corp, that's why many officers envy them. Currently, to be a Chief of staff (army) you must be an infantry officer.
Na SSC I kuku apply to History and Intl studies grad.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2019
Dammysmart:
Na SSC I kuku apply to History and Intl studies grad.
If you make the final cut, the chances of being in Infantry or intelligence corp is very very high.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Muhammed1234: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2019
KODACK:

Create one na.....and stay there alone.....it would be fun you know.

But you can also add my number 0805177419419... Thanks

Kindly add me too bro 07057300732 ... Thanks for all the information passed across to we newbies....

Anyother person can also add me to their whatsapp group specifically for this NA journey.Really appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2019
ugo4u:

If you make the final cut, the chances of being in Infantry or intelligence corp is very very high.
Cheers bro! Well appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ogoh4(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2019
sikowitz17:
people that didn't meet the height retirement were sent home in January even despite the fact that they needed more men..the game is the game...if you short, get godfather
The night they arranged us to call medical results, the 3rd group of people outside that were joined with the people inside the next day for physical were mostly people with height challenges.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2019
Dammysmart:
ogbeni EMI savage ju e lo o but I go still kip kwayet cos u go still b my oga and I no wan begin buy job as at now...NO!

Bro by ps I meant Post script: just like an addendum after a written statement which has been omitted in the lines of the above. So I meant I still would like being in the combat arm assisting but I go like dey for signals or Training corp.

I owe you two bottles brother.

Hope you applied for DSSC??

I wish you success......see you at the top.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2019
Muhammed1234:

Kindly add me too bro 07057300732 ... Thanks for all the information passed across to we newbies....

Anyother person can also add me to their whatsapp group specifically for this NA journey.Really appreciate.

Did you read my comment very well....I meant line by line?

Egbami.....are you serious at all??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 11:06am On Sep 09, 2019
KODACK:

I owe you two bottles brother.

Hope you applied for DSSC??

I wish you success......see you at the top.
baba mi na SSC o...my course made it difficult to join the DSSC train.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2019
ogoh4:
The night they arranged us to call medical results, the 3rd group of people outside that were joined with the people inside the next day for physical were mostly people with height challenges.

Wait oh.......so you mean short people have height challenge?? grin grin

Jesu !

So, dwarfs have what kind of challenge?

My laff wan finish for this post....... height challenge
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2019
Dammysmart:
Your course was advertised under Intelligence Corps, one of the most coporate & polished corp in the military.
You no too put your eye wella, you for see ur course.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 11:12am On Sep 09, 2019
Dammysmart:

No worry.....seniority na just uniform.....Las Las both of us na human beings...... We go roll together jare......no one knows tomorrow.......na passion carry person join army........ You na correct nigga........

I don vex......na three bottles I go give you when we see by God's grace and mercy.

E go better my guy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2019
KODACK:

No worry.....seniority na just uniform.....Las Las both of us na human beings...... We go roll together jare......no one knows tomorrow.......na passion carry person join army........ You na correct nigga........

I don vex......na three bottles I go give you when we see by God's grace and mercy.

E go better my guy
amin oluwa,
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2019
ugo4u:

Your course was advertised under Intelligence Corps, one of the most coporate & polished corp in the military.

This your comment made me remember what my professor once said......

"In medicine, no one reads about usage, dosage and side effects in pamphlets found in drugs....also, no one likes to read terms and conditions/ disclaimers on software and hardware program/equipment before usage......that's why in life 97.99% of the world's population makes mistakes"........(including me)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 11:40am On Sep 09, 2019
ugo4u:

wawu, baba I swr I no know o my OT bout DSSC diff gan, that was what overwhelmed me to picking SSC make I sha enter Army. The passion mad gan
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2019
KODACK:

This your comment made me remember what my professor once said......

"In medicine, no one reads about usage, dosage and side effects in pamphlets found in drugs....also, no one likes to read terms and conditions/ disclaimers on software and hardware program/equipment before usage......that's why in life 97.99% of the world's population makes mistakes"........(including me)
valid bro...the passion in me made me zero my mind just enter SSC...I was only concerned about the age requisite and academic year requisite.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prudent5217: 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
My course was even listed in Intelligence Corp too but for professional certification things. I just use my head select another Corp because I know the competition will be high for Intelligence Corp. Although I love the Corp wella.

ugo4u:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2019
Prudent5217:
My course was even listed in Intelligence Corp too but for professional certification things. I just use my head select another Corp because I know the competition will be high for Intelligence Corp. Although I love the Corp wella.

Certification at point of screening is not compulsory except you're in Education corp, Finance and Medicine especially medicine.
You'll only be disturbed for it when you're already in.

The thing is, your course should be accredited in your university when you were still an undergraduate.
NASB don't bother much about certification last year they said people applying for Aviation unit with Bsc in Geography must have NCAA approved certification but they didn't ask for it during screening and I know someone that is currently an officer in that unit that don't have the said certification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2019
Dsimple:

Good afternoon bro,
I've been following your comments of late and I must commend your efforts, may God make this your time to be commissioned into NA.
Please, I made a mistake in my application, I applied for DSSC instead of SSC, of course I don't really know the difference up till now but something kept telling me that DSSC is for professionals in their field and SSC is for regular graduate, can you please put me through and also to know if my application could still be considered because I'm just a graduate without any professional certificate.
Thanks

Officer, the matter of professional courses depends on some factors like the corps you applied to. For example engineering related corps will require an applicant to be registered engineer, education corps will require an applicant to be duely registered by TRCN. Note, the following corps require one professional certification or the other:
Signal corps, intelligence corps, electrical and mechanical engineer corps, finance corps and public relations.
About the difference between SSC and DSSC, on paper SSC cadets are trained to be combatants while DSSC are trained to take up official roles like working in the hospitals, signals, finance department, schools etc. But in reality, every soldier is likely to be sent to the war front.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prudent5217: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
Wow. I just thought better be safe than sorry, even the professional certifications needed for computer Science for both Signal Corp and Intelligence Corp. like CEH, Penetration, forensics, Database Administration I can do them well. But I no get paper to back am up. So I just applied for the Corp that doesn’t require certification for my course

ugo4u:

Certification at point of screening is not compulsory except you're in Education corp, Finance and Medicine especially medicine.
You'll only be disturbed for it when you're already in.

The thing is, your course should be accredited in your university when you were still an undergraduate.
NASB don't bother much about certification last year they said people applying for Aviation unit with Bsc in Geography must have NCAA approved certification but they didn't ask for it during screening and I know someone that is currently an officer in that unit that don't have the said certification.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jhennie(f): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Good afternoon
Please I need some serious clarification on two forms for signing: The Reference form and the Attestation of local government area of origin..
Do I still have to print the reference form twice or just use one reference form and the attestation form..
I just saw the attestation form on my dashboard today..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dsimple: 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
MrSuama:

Officer, the matter of professional courses depends on some factors like the corps you applied to. For example engineering related corps will require an applicant to be registered engineer, education corps will require an applicant to be duely registered by TRCN. Note, the following corps require one professional certification or the other:
Signal corps, intelligence corps, electrical and mechanical engineer corps, finance corps and public relations.
About the difference between SSC and DSSC, on paper SSC cadets are trained to be combatants while DSSC are trained to take up official roles like working in the hospitals, signals, finance department, schools etc. But in reality, every soldier is likely to be sent to the war front.
Officially, I have given up before the battle even begin, I applied for finance, I studied business administration and DSSC fa.
I can't chop slaps and still be sent home for nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamawara(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
MrSuama:

Pls I studied education, and I applied for DSSC, right now I am not registered with TRCN, when will I provide the TRCN certificate pls? Is it during documentation or I have missed it during the online registration?

Modified: thanks just scrolled up and I got it
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 4:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
applications must be submitted not later than 25th of September 2019. (15 days to go....today is over)

This post is for the wery minded individuals.... You can call or mail the Nigerian Army support to deregister you so as to give space for the passionate and willing minds.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by iamawara(m): 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
So me that am not registered with TRCN embarassedbpls what should I do. Its not something that I can do within weeks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jhennie(f): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
[quote author=KODACK post=82070684]applications must be submitted not later than 25th of September 2019. (15 days to go....today is over)

This post is for the wery minded individuals.... You can call or mail the Nigerian Army support to deregister you so as to give space for the passionate and willing minds.

Thanks[Very rude.. yOU CAN AT LEAST TRY AND ENCOURAGE THE PERSON
]
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jhennie(f): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
[sup][/sup]
iamawara:
So me that am not registered with TRCN embarassedbpls what should I do. Its not something that I can do within weeks

i DID NOT REGISTER WITH TRCN AND I DONT HAVE IT BUT I BELIEVE I WILL BE SHORTLISTED.. JUST HAVE FAITH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.