Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1372712 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2020
Richieurch:

What do they do with reference forms, some questions sha, Na so una wan take dey command troops

grin Since you done scold am, make I answer am.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2020
omaigala12:
Pls dis ref forms page 5 and 6 are exactly d same
What are we suppose to do ?

They're the same because you need two references.
1 should be either your local government chairman/secretary
the other should be a personnel from the armed forces.

Kapish?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2020
Bifrost:

Kapish?

You try,
Before the end of this exercise another one would still ask this same question

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Wfsholla90(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
They must have probably given me a wrong unit.
That do not make me a joker nonetheless, don't you think if I know all that, I wouldn't be asking all this questions.
And please I've been trying to upload my documents using firefox browser on my phone but it ain't going thru.
Ps: the files are in .pdf format, please do guide me on how to go about it.
Thanks alot.
Judah95:

Maybe Army should have some openings for comedians. We need this funny bro to crack jokes for us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wfsholla90:
They must have probably given me a wrong unit.
That do not make me a joker nonetheless, don't you think if I know all that, I wouldn't be asking all this questions.
And please I've been trying to upload my documents using firefox browser on my phone but it ain't going thru.
Ps: the files are in .pdf format, please do guide me on how to go about it.
Thanks alot.
use chrome and convert files to jpeg if you can

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
SSC course 47, see your worst nightmares form January.
They are just waiting for you to come

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Wfsholla90(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thanks alot sir, you seems to be the only one that's given a reasonable answer so far.
And it was a mistake I wanted to write *height cheesy cheesy.
So can you still guide me on what format my documents should be please.
I have been trying to upload in .pdf format and it ain't going thru. Even my passports.
Thanks alot.
ugo4u:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Una wan use laugh tear my intestine. grin grin grin grin

That's by the way. Your height can't be 65cm even dwarfs no short reach that level grin . Since you said you used a Tailors tape then it's 65inches which is approximately 1.65m.
As for the choice of exam venue, it's very simple and clear; choose any location/venue that is convenient for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wfsholla90:
Thanks alot sir, you seems to be the only one that's given a reasonable answer so far.
And it was a mistake I wanted to write *height cheesy cheesy.
So can you still guide me on what format my documents should be please.
I have been trying to upload in .pdf format and it ain't going thru. Even my passports.
Thanks alot.
Some including me like to throw banter once in a while. Just sieve the info you need and march on the contributions by other applicants are very on point, that's why I don't respond all the time cos someone must have dealt with the question.
Like Sikowtz said all documents should be in jpeg.

PS:

Just put say 1.7m or 1.8m to be on a safer side. No go put that 1.65m na make computer no think say you be shatta bundle ..

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
sikowitz17:

Na wa o. See children wey person fit born. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by autamahmud(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wfsholla90:
I have some questions seniors.
Must I choose my state capital for exams?
What kind of passport photograph do I make use of?
What's the age and weight?
I checked my age with tailor tape rule it's something around 65cm according to them
Don't mind me please, I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before going ahead with the form
Please do reply me as soon as you can. I will really appreciate.
That's my WhatsApp incase if anyone is willing to give me a one on one mentorship through the application process.
Thanks alot bosses.

Turn the other part of the measuring tape to read the measurement correctly or maybe I think you mean 165cm=1.65m and as for your weight using BMI your normal weight range should be between 55-65kg. So you can fill anything within this range

Concerning the exam center it's not compulsory for you to choose your state capital but the state you prefer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Wfsholla90(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thank you sir.
ugo4u:

Some including me like to throw banter once in a while. Just sieve the info you need and march on the contributions by other applicants are very on point, that's why I don't respond all the time cos someone must have dealt with the question.

PS:

Just put say 1.7m or 1.8m to be on a safer side. No go put that 1.65m na make computer no think say you be shatta bundle ..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bifrost:

Na wa o. See children wey person fit born. grin
Till one issue you threat and you shout YES SIR!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ugo.. abeg you still sabi that calculation for BMI.. the height and weight calculation? Be like say I don fat small

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Derawalters course mate, how far nah!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
sikowitz17:
Ugo.. abeg you still sabi that calculation for BMI.. the height and weight calculation? Be like say I don fat small
Your weight ÷ by the square of your height

E.g weight 55kg,. HEIGHT 1.7m

BMI = 55÷ (1.7)²
55÷2.89

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
ugo4u:

Your weight ÷ by the square of your height

E.g weight 55kg,. HEIGHT 1.7m

BMI = 55÷ (1.7)²
55÷2.89
thanks man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by omaigala12(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Richieurch:

What do they do with reference forms, some questions sha, Na so una wan take dey command troops

Like say d form no d needed
Some people sha.. Dis time wey u waste if u use am answer me shey u go die
U must just type

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
You say army Dey collect BMI of 29.9 abi... cos mhen I got fat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by omaigala12(m): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bifrost:

Kapish?
Thanks man..
I was confused because there's one for local government attestation and then the reference form on page 5&6 .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by prinzy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
sikowitz17:

It is finished!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by prinzy(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
ugo4u:

PS:

Hahahahahhaa..
Application should be carefully and with sense!!

That shatta bundle part off me grin grin grin grin....cos normally army Sabi issue defect, so don't shoot yourself on the foot at playoffs bro.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Derawalters(f): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Siko my God pass you o grin
Coursemate Bawo?
sikowitz17:
Derawalters course mate, how far nah!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
omaigala12:

Like say d form no d needed
Some people sha.. Dis time wey u waste if u use am answer me shey u go die
U must just type

Common sense dey say is not common, the answer you seek is already there due to your nonchalant attitude and not ready to take responsibility you didn’t deem it fit to go through the thread to get everything you need. Abi you think there’s a shortcut to anything in this life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bringing this back!!

There are 5 types of commission in the Nigerian Army (NA) – Not Armed Forces. They are:

Regular Combatant (RC). Training takes 5 years.
Short Service Combatant (SSC). Training takes 6 – 9 months.
Direct Regular Combatant (DRC). Now attained on conversion from DSSC.
Direct Short Service Combatant (DSSC). Training takes 6 – 9 months.
Executive Commission (EC). Training takes 2 – 3 months.
Details of such commissions are to be found in the Harmonized Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS) for officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces but a summary goes thus: RC and SSC are combatants, trained to fight battles. Others are not meant to be combatants.

Both SSC and DSSC are of relatively short duration of 15 years and must convert to RC and DRC respectively to enjoy a longer career. Theoretically, RCs and DRCs can rise to become generals i.e Brigadier Generals, Major Generals etc. Remember the pyramid structure? The higher it gets, the smaller it becomes. In other words, many are called but only a few are chosen.

DRC’s are mainly professionals – surgeons, pharmacists, chaplains, surveyors etc. and are usually not found in the core combat arms of Infantry, Armour and Artillery but are to be found in the Army Engineers and Signals. EC’s are made up of former soldiers and do not usually exceed the rank of Major.

There are varying criteria for the various commissions. In reality, the advantage is more on the side of those who were originally RC,s than those who were originally SSC,s in terms of age, rank in the Nigerian army, numbers etc. However, anything can happen, for instance Lt. Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi (rtd.) rose to become Chief of Army Staff (COAS), even though he wasn’t originally an RC. Although DRCs may never become COASs or General Officers Commanding (GOCs), they can apart from being Staff Officers also hold command posts in corps or services in which they predominate. These include Education, Medical and Finance among others.

Life in the Army here in Nigeria can be promising, particularly now that efforts have been made to consolidate emoluments, but achievement of success or wealth in the Army (here in Nigeria as well as is in other countries) is a product of motivation and determination. If you want to live well, you will. If you don’t, you won’t. The choice is really yours! For RC or DRC, minimum years of service is about 15 years and life as a cadet can be quite strenuous.

Generally, training is in the Infantry Corps Centre and School (ICCS), Jaji, Kaduna State. As for the DSSs and ECs, their training is usually less strenuous, not as in NDA where RCs and SSCs are trained. Cadets are usually humorously welcomed with the euphemism, “Unfortunate Nigerians, you will nearly die but you will not die!” But you should survive if you are physically fit after all, many have gone before you.

As a cadet, you are entitled to allowances which may not really cater for your family if you have one but could go a long way to help you sustain yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
sikowitz17:
This guy on the far right no get Joy at all.. Anyways My God go See me and my fellow Nairaland Battalion through.

Victory is from God Alone

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Derawalters:
Siko my God pass you o grin
Coursemate Bawo?
I bn dey reason am sef sey Infantry go even fit U well well... So therefore I join Sikowitz17 to Tag U as Coursemate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

I bn dey reason am sef sey Infantry go even fit U well well... So therefore I join Sikowitz17 to Tag U as Coursemate
Plus the infantry sef she no go dey frontline.
She be lady.. Na them dey enjoy army work

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by omaigala12(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Richieurch:

Common sense dey say is not common, the answer you seek is already there due to your nonchalant attitude and not ready to take responsibility you didn’t deem it fit to go through the thread to get everything you need. Abi you think there’s a shortcut to anything in this life.
Gerraut

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Walex29: 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
I believe we are all grown ups here, please we should all learn to correct one another in love. No single person knows it all, if you feel you can't give answers without abuse or insult of any kind it's best you waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Emyd8: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
I think the reason for the sarcastic answer is just to make fun. Its not aimed at abusing or insulting anyone. Most people are just too serious and cannot flow with a harmless joke
Walex29:
I believe we are all grown ups here, please we should all learn to correct one another in love. No single person knows it all, if you feel you can't give answers without abuse or insult of any kind it's best you waka pass.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Lol
Some people are funny sha.
You want to join army and can't take sarcastic comments.
When those small boys in aca will issue you threat statements in a joking manner, you'll want to fight them abi?
Don't worry, time will tell

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sbashir10(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
Small jokes people will be forming too serious. Reach NDA where small children will openly tell you they'll finger f.uck your mother and you can't even show emotion.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.