Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1375799 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by coolaustyne(m): 11:18am On Nov 16, 2016
mangojuice:

SSC course 44 and DSSC course 23 officers will destroy and annihilate boko haram. We are ready for them.
By God's grace... Annihilating them isn't an option but a neccesity. God help us.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by aihie1: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
nnesochim:
That was because he is DSSC, their promotion takes up to 5years and above.SSC/RC usually wear ranks for 4 years except from Lt.Col.to Col. and above which is political.Even at this stage regular combatant officer are more favoured and by then all SSCs have either being retired or converted to RC, so in essence,i think SSC/RC last longer all things being equal. You might want to read the profile of Brig.Gen.Olawumi the former DG of NYSC and the incumbent one Brig.Gen.Kazaure to buttress what am saying.

Bro DSSC can also convert to RC nahh. and can also rise in rank...nor be only SSC fit convert to RC..pls i want to ask again wat is the diff btw SSC and DSSC in terms of duties nd responsibilities in the ARMY? cos i was telling sumone dat DSSC guys re not deployed to fight...dont know if i am right
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nnesochim: 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
aihie1:

Bro DSSC can also convert to RC nahh. and can also rise in rank...nor be only SSC fit convert to RC..pls i want to ask again wat is the diff btw SSC and DSSC in terms of duties nd responsibilities in the ARMY? cos i was telling sumone dat DSSC guys re not deployed to fight...dont know if i am right
To the best of my knowledge,DSSC can only convert to Direct regular commIsion(DRC) not Regular Combatant(RC).Yes to an extent DSSC are not deployed to frontlines but are still military officers on uniform................terrorist will not ask you wether you are combatant or not before attacking you.Many DSSC officers or are various locations in the North-East.Mind you,is not only those carrying guns or in APCs(Armoured personal carrier) that is fighting BH. Medical personnel are also there.....though they may not be carrying guns,account officers are also there,Rev.Frs and Imams are also there.Admin.workers are also there.So wherever you find yourself within the theatre of war,you are involved.In my own thinking,anything you put your mind to please do it to the finnish,the chances of self defence and personal fitness is never the same among SSC trained and DSSC officers. Infact everybody need combatant training for any emergency.DSSC officers need to be combat ready incase their base is attacked.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jammy05: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
aallii:
Military, the strongest fraternity, I hail thy! Weldone Abdul4moti, Kingarbewajil yes we. Are good to go, Engineer kick their asses like 123 shots, while Codedaz will give the finishing codes, Jammy and Datigbogirl are the gun men, nnesochhim and Brigadier subguard the squad,blazee,manfarry,Mangojuice do the tactical support from angle 90 degrees, aihie1 and Spoke18 will be at directly 3 o clock position from where we are on guard ready to snipe the baggers(their father, idiots ,Monkeys,) Boko boys go suffer enn. God bless this squad more are coming. Hahaha
Too much action movie. Hahahaha let's go there!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jammy05: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
nnesochim:
To the best of my knowledge,DSSC can only convert to Direct regular commIsion(DRC) not Regular Combatant(RC).Yes to an extent DSSC are not deployed to frontlines but are still military officers on uniform................terrorist will not ask you wether you are combatant or not before attacking you.Many DSSC officers or are various locations in the North-East.Mind you,is not only those carrying guns or in APCs(Armoured personal carrier) that is fighting BH. Medical personnel are also there.....though they may not be carrying guns,account officers are also there,Rev.Frs and Imams are also there.Admin.workers are also there.So wherever you find yourself within the theatre of war,you are involved.In my own thinking,anything you put your mind to please do it to the finnish,the chances of self defence and personal fitness is never the same among SSC trained and DSSC officers. Infact everybody need combatant training for any emergency.DSSC officers need to be combat ready incase their base is attacked.
U finish job for this gist brother.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by aihie1: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
nnesochim:

Thanks bro i just got more enlightened..neva knew dere DSSC only converts to direct regular commission nd not REGULAR COMBATAT...but can a DSSC officer who eventually converts to DRC get to the highest rank in the ARMY? or is dere a limit dey can get to ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ej4sub: 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
aihie1:

Thanks bro i just got more enlightened..neva knew dere DSSC only converts to direct regular commission nd not REGULAR COMBATAT...but can a DSSC officer who eventually converts to DRC get to the highest rank in the ARMY? or is dere a limit dey can get to ?
DRC Officer can get to Major General...(Corps commander)
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by abdul4moti(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2016
RC, SSC and DSSC means the same as far as I am concern. I stated applying immediately after secondary school, RC, after graduating I applied for SSC (a number of times), now I applied for DSSC and I got to the board for the first time. Do u think I care, I desire to be a khaki man and by His grace it shall come to past. Once I get in, the rest will follow. All the best Sirs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nnesochim: 9:42am On Nov 17, 2016
ej4sub:
Guy,majority will be retired as Lt.Col.,very few will hang Col. and the annointed and favoured once can become Brig.Gen.Except medical doctors and some professions that they cant augment from NDA regular course.Mind you even those corps you that you think is made for DSSC ,some NDA RC are found there.eg.Ordnance,S&T,MP,ENGINEERS ETC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nnesochim: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2016
RC,SSC and DSSC are not the same.RCs enjoy all military privileges which an SSC can share if age is on his side. DSSC are office workers.When they start struggling for rank you will see what am saying.I cant envy RCs because i couldnt get it,I am happy with anyone that God gives me.When i was leaving for service some years ago,i know of a colonel in the next street to mine,up till now he is still a colonel while some RCs have come and passed him and is not that the man is not good infact he looks very intelligent and smart but he has been a colonel for a long time.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by collins777: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2016
nnesochim:
Guy,majority will be retired as Lt.Col.,very few will hang Col. and the annointed and favoured once can become Brig.Gen.Except medical doctors and some professions that they cant augment from NDA regular course.Mind you even those corps you that you think is made for DSSC ,some NDA RC are found there.eg.Ordnance,S&T,MP,ENGINEERS ETC
You are correct. Some of the courses that are advertised in DSSC are offered by NDA RCs. It is people like lawyers and doctors who don't have competitors from NDA RCs that have advantage over others. DRCs can become Major Generals but in rare circumstances because of the pyramid policy of the higher the rank, the lower the intake. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nnesochim: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2016
ej4sub:
Yes offcourse but how many of them compared to Regular officers
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ej4sub: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2016
nnesochim:
Yes offcourse but how many of them compared to Regular officers
Guy, some RC will not reach the rank of Col self. Not all the commissioned officers are destined to get to the rank of General, get commissioned, work hard and be loyal to ur oga at the top. As for the DRC you also need to develop your self academically otherwise the chance of getting there will be extremely difficult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jammy05: 11:56am On Nov 17, 2016
Guys get ready!!!!! It is very near!!!!!! I have an intel.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Brigadierr: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Jammy05:
Guys get ready!!!!! It is very near!!!!!! I have an intel.

Kindly share ur intel Cadet Jammy.. Dont worry we wunt bite this time Around wink lol
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
305 cadets to report soon.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by collins777: 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
mangojuice:
305 cadets to report soon.
305 consisting of both SSC and DSSC?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by coolaustyne(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
collins777:
Only SSC....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
collins777:
SSC only. We are to occupy the newly constructed line and Ashanti battalion Hqtrs which is currently being renovated. Contractor was given tomorrow Friday as dead line for completion of work. However, reporting for training will be feasible only if the final list is published this weekend. Good news for anti German dose cadets. Captain Abdul have proceeded for junior staff course @ Jaji
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by codedaz(m): 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
That means some state will av 9 while some will av 8 candidates
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bright50135(m): 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Let ur intel b correct ds time around.equal cadets 4 every states.i heard ssc is 12cadet per state while Dssc wil b 10cadets per states.reason,owing dat,they was not intake last yr n possibly,they wont b any intake next yr n beyond.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2016
codedaz:
likely to be so
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bright50135:
Let ur intel b correct ds time around.equal cadets 4 every states.i heard ssc is 12cadet per state while Dssc wil b 10cadets per states.reason,owing dat,they was not intake last yr n possibly,they wont b any intake next yr n beyond.
where and where did u get this info? Looks pleasant
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jammy05: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
codedaz:
Yeah
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by dothead: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
what of my state that remain 4 candidates
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by codedaz(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
dothead:
state like Ogun abi.......dey add candidate from Oyo or osun state to dem
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by dothead: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
ok I pray we are all listed in the final list
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jammy05: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
dothead:
The will complete u guys with guys from ur political zone that are more than the required number. that is, from the states in ur region with more than 8.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by aihie1: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
ej4sub:
Guy, some RC will not reach the rank of Col self. Not all the commissioned officers are destined to get to the rank of General, get commissioned, work hard and be loyal to ur oga at the top. As for the DRC you also need to develop your self academically otherwise the chance of getting there will be extremely difficult.

wow..thnks..was thinking d army does not allow dssc officers to further academically but am aware the chief of army staff has a masters degree ....i hope dey seriously do allow officers to further so dey can kip up with current knowledge in their fields nd develop new nd improved solutions.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mangojuice(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
Jammy05:
The will complete u guys with guys from ur political zone that are more than the required number. that is, from the states in ur region with more than 8.
that will not work
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jammy05: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
mangojuice:

that will not work
Thats how its done bro, they will not compliment from other region.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by LTBaki: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
Wish us all Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.