Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1367494 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jamze: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
As for the DSSC guys, Carry enough cash at hand as theirs no POS centre and nd distance from here to d nearest town is very far.
Ensure u make photocopy of all ur documents, I repeat, all.
Carry tick sweaters d type dey wear in artic and Antarctic regions.....that is one of d biggest mistake I made.

I'm saying all dis because of how much this forum has profited me....prepare well oh.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MeetSamir: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
jamze:
I'm in camp right now, zero ur mind it's no longer 3.2km race but 30km....were goin to run our race very early tomao morning as soon as d medical results is announced.
The executive commission run theirs today.

Take note, don't even bother to bring glo sim, Airtel nd mtb will suffice but the network sometimes comes like wind... you'll have to go farther away from d forest into d bush bfr u get network.

There is no way you will be asked to run 30km.

Perhaps they are trying to put fear into you guys, prepare your mind for 3.2km and do well.

The secret is to start well and maintain a good standing position. If you begin with a slow start and you are thinking it will be 30km long run, you are on your own!

I wish you all the best in your medical result and your cat race.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
jamze:
I'm in camp right now, zero ur mind it's no longer 3.2km race but 30km....were goin to run our race very early tomao morning as soon as d medical results is announced.

Take note, don't even bother to bring glo sim, Airtel nd mtb will suffice but the network sometimes comes like wind... you'll have to go farther away from d forest into d bush bfr u get network.
Pls keep us updated as soon as you can.
May God be with you guys.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
MeetSamir:

There is no way you will be asked to run 30km.

Perhaps they are trying to put fear into you guys, prepare your mind for 3.2km and do well.

The secret is to start well and maintain a good standing position. If you begin with a slow start and you are thinking it will be 30km long run, you are on your own!

I wish you all the best in your medical result and your cat race.

EC guys ran 20km today, anything is possible as far as army is concerned just zero your mind Kawai!! for the worst.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Equity15(m): 11:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
jamze:

do you know what 30kilometers is? Is it an olympic marathon competition. Abeg oh. I'm practicing my 3.2km..anything more than that, na them sabi. 20Km is ikorodu garage to maryland while 30km is from ikorodu
garage to yaba(those who know the distance between these places will know it's unreasonable). Even a vehicle cannot cover that distance in 30minutes

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 2:20am On Jan 21, 2021
Equity15:
do you know what 30kilometers is? Is it an olympic marathon competition. Abeg oh. I'm practicing my 3.2km..anything more than that, na them sabi. 20Km is ikorodu garage to maryland while 30km is from ikorodu
garage to yaba(those who know the distance between these places will know it's unreasonable). Even a vehicle cannot cover that distance in 30minutes

Bro, if it is true, then I don't think it will be strictly timed. Tests like that are to gauge endurance

My 2 Naira sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Equity15(m): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2021
jamze:

medical results this morning? I doubt you're really in camp.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ndokwagirl(f): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2021
ugo4u:

EC guys ran 20km today, anything is possible as far as army is concerned just zero your mind Kawai!! for the worst.
Ugo4u good morning please do you have an idea if paramilitary or army expect neco statement of result with card or must it be original?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eitsei(m): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2021
jamze:

30km race? this must be a joke
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TheWizPhoenix(m): 8:02am On Jan 21, 2021
Wahala be like marathon. If it's 30km, then it will be more of an endurance trekking.
The 3km sef, how man take finish, talk more of 30km.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eitsei(m): 8:11am On Jan 21, 2021
TheWizPhoenix:
Wahala be like marathon. If it's 30km, then it will be more of an endurance trekking.
The 3km sef, how man take finish, talk more of 30km.
I even pray it's going to be endurance trekking of 30km because every time I think of running for 3km, fear dey catch me
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:35am On Jan 21, 2021
Ndokwagirl:
Ugo4u good morning please do you have an idea if paramilitary or army expect neco statement of result with card or must it be original?
Yes, you can go with statement and neco scratch card judging by last year's exercise but it should be a last resort try as much as possible to get the original.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ndokwagirl(f): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2021
ugo4u:

Yes, you can go with statement and neco scratch card judging by last year's exercise but it should be a last resort try as much as possible to get the original.
Thank you so much.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TheWizPhoenix(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2021
eitsei:
I even pray it's going to be endurance trekking of 30km because every time I think of running for 3km, fear dey catch me

Omo, see ehn I've been trying the 3km race for the past few weeks but I have managed to beat the 20mins timing only once. The rest of the time I'm burned out after the first 2km, on Tuesday I had a mild sprain on my ankle sef.

I know that the army does not give a damn, but some of us are just regular guys that have not even done any strenuous activity in ages. Just saw someone on my Twitter TL do 11.35km in 1hr 24mins and I'm in awe, because if I try am it will only end in tears.

For the senior men, pls if you have any tips on how to properly prepare for the physical training it would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Las Las "Victory is from God alone"

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2021
TheWizPhoenix:

Omo, see ehn I've been trying the 3km race for the past few weeks but I have managed to beat the 20mins timing only once. The rest of the time I'm burned out after the first 2km, on Tuesday I had a mild sprain on my ankle sef.

I know that the army does not give a damn, but some of us are just regular guys that have not even done any strenuous activity in ages. Just saw someone on my Twitter TL do 11.35km in 1hr 24mins and I'm in awe, because if I try am it will only end in tears.

For the senior men, pls if you have any tips on how to properly prepare for the physical training it would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Constant practice is the key, you can do it morning and night then 1day off to cool down/heal your muscles. If you run 2km today in say 15min try as much as possible to better the distance or timing or both when next you go out even though it's by an Extra 10metres or lesser time.
Another important thing is to learn how to control your breathing when running and make sure you start at a reasonable pace you can maintain or even better throughout your workout. Getting a running partner and eating right can also help.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TheWizPhoenix(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2021
ugo4u:

Constant practice is the key, you can do it morning and night then 1day off to cool down/heal your muscles. If you run 2km today in say 15min try as much as possible to better the distance or timing or both when next you go out even though it's by an Extra 10metres or lesser time.
Another important thing is to learn how to control your breathing when running and make sure you start at a reasonable pace you can maintain or even better throughout your workout. Getting a running partner and eating right can also help.

Thanks Chief. This is highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MeetSamir: 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2021
Equity15:

30Km run is not feasible, except If it will be timed and it will based purely on endurance like many have rightly said.

But what I do know is that, applicant might be subjected to trek for about 13-14km or so, after the 3.2km run.

The trek is not going to be your regular trekking though, una go possibly kit up and carry load bags during the 13km trek.

Once you all carry the right positive mentality, inShaa Allah it will come easy.

Victory comes from God alone!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
Spoke to some of the SSC guys from this thread at Falgore couple of minutes ago, they all cleared medicals learnt this time around only people with severe issues were screened out, they're more or less concerned about physical fitness.
Ladies and Gentlemen prepare army has changed the process entirely they now run 20km and 5km morning and night so gird up your loins and zero your mind for back to back marathon race.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eitsei(m): 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
TheWizPhoenix:

aswear, you've said it all
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
shamack:
If you are selected for medical, just prepare your mind to resume training the following week after medical

is there a reason for this please
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
ugo4u:

Course 24....25/26 medical personnels... one female doctor only... And five male doctors... The rest are dentist... Lab scientists etc

Course 25....3 medical personnels.....two dentists and one Lab scientist etc.... No medical doctor.

hello please whats the maxumum age limit for doctors.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
keenn:

hello please whats the maxumum age limit for doctors.
Max age for medical doctors is 30 yrs, for medical consultants it's 40yrs after which they'll become Major straight upon POP.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ransack: 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
Can University statement of results be used...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
It is only endurance, don't run much and don't stop at all. Just small small steps, you can't run it finish with high speed, you will gas out immediately and don't look at the number of people in your front and don't judge yourself with those behind you.

My little piece.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
TRINITY1993:

Never give up on ur quest nor discourage yourself, I personally knows no Adam in NA, I took the risk, left were I was working for d interview without telling anyone my whereabout and today I thank God I did..So be courages and go for d interview, if u didn't u ve wasted someone slot from ur state. All d best

please whats the maximum age for doctors
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
hi everyone

please a quick questiom

i was shortlisted for DSSC

Am a doctor

the age limit for DSsC is 29 but am above 30 and i aint comfortable with age falsification.

have been drawn aback if i should go to kano.

is there anyone with similar experience or advice?

thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
ugo4u:

Course 24....25/26 medical personnels... one female doctor only... And five male doctors... The rest are dentist... Lab scientists etc

Course 25....3 medical personnels.....two dentists and one Lab scientist etc.... No medical doctor.

are u a doctor?

i am.

am above 30, do i have a chance
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ransack:
Can University statement of results be used...

Ugo4U and Jamzee Sirs, Please could you help us with an answer Sir

I am also interested in knowing

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Blueelf:

Ugo4U and Jamzee Sirs, Please could you help us with an answer Sir

I am also interested in knowing

Thanks
Yes, they do accept statement of result
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
MrSuama:

But in 2016, medical doctors list was separate from the general dssc list.

good afternoon.

am a doctor and above 30 and was enlisted to come to kano DSSC.

do i have a chance
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
keenn:

are u a doctor?

i am.

am above 30, do i have a chance
They don't compromise on their age requirement except you detonate IED on the age.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by keenn: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
MrSuama:
All I wanted to know was if navy continued with their screening as scheduled which @ Koes confirmed and based on that I am hopeful the list would be out soon.
The death of Gen. Irefin which led to about 26 military officers attending the COAS conference testing positive to Covid 19 most definitely affected the proposed screening. Though not sure, I believe the chairman of the selection board must have been attending the conference before its abrupt suspension.

The conference started on 7th December and was cancelled on 10th December 2020.

As at 13th December, the 417 officers who attended the conference were tested for Covid-19 and advised to self isolate. Other staff at the army hq were also tested with hq eventually being fumigated and Covid-19 guidelines strictly adhered to. Meaning activities are still going on at the army hq irrespective of the incidence.

As at 14th December 2020, 26 army personnel have been implicated in the Covid-19 pandemic.

Covid-19 self isolation period is between 10 -14 days. For the 391 officers who tested negative, they must observe the self isolation from probably 13th to 27th December 2020. For the 26 who tested positive, their recovery from Covid-19 is based on how well their immune system is fighting the virus and responding to treatment. So most of them would be discharged on a different day.

The questions that are begging for answers are:
1. Is the military secretary in charge of this recruitment amongst those self isolating or amongst those receiving treatment?
2. Is the selection board chairman amongst those self isolating or amongst those receiving treatment?
3. Is any or some members of the selection board amongst those self isolating or amongst those receiving treatment?
4. Is the military much concerned about this recruitment and putting everything in place to continue this recruitment in earnest? My answer is yes, reasons being that, with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic it seemed like there would be no recruitment but the army still deemed it fit to enlist amidst its tight schedule. Also considering the ongoing RRI enlistment, one would find out that age requirements was relaxed to 35 years as maximum as against the 27 or 28 used in the past. This clearly signifies the need for more manpower be it officer or rank and file.

Based on all of the above, I believe commencement
of screening will most likely fall on any day between 4th to 9th January 2021. And if the military secretary and the chairman of the selection board are luckily not amongst the 26 officers presently receiving treatment, list should be out around 27th or 28th December 2020. My assumptions are based on my emotions and the army new style of short time notice as against the 2 weeks grace period given in the past.

Please lets remember the 26 officers in our prayers, it's my prayers, they recover fully.

Victory is from God Alone.

sir am a doctor and above 30.

do i have a chance of being picked.

not sure am going to kano again

(1) (2) (3) ... (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.