Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,324 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One (1161 Views)

Specifications Of Oukitel K6000 Pro 4G Android Phablets / My 8 Best Phablets In 2016 / Before You Buy A "30000mah Solar Power Bank", Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by nze4al(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Why have phablets become so popular? Many think it’s because people don’t want to buy a phone and a tablet, but there are a number of other clear advantages to owning one.

#1. Screen quality

It’s no secret that mobiles are growing larger by the year. Phablets, which are generally regarded as any smartphone measuring in at 5.5 inches and above, are huge right now. The fact that Apple, which was once so opposed to big-screen phones, has joined the phablet fanfare demonstrates just how in-demand they are.

The most obvious benefits of owning a phone so large come with the screen. Phablets are usually blessed with stunning displays that are great for watching movies, playing games and reading. They’re very popular amongst commuters for these very reasons.

While LG and Samsung were quick to embrace super-sharp QHD panels, Full HD on a large screen still provides a superb viewing experience.

#2. Performance and battery life

Since phablets are also more likely to be used for gaming purposes than smaller smartphones, they tend to run on more powerful hardware. Almost all of the mobiles in this round-up can handle complex 3D titles without issue, making them ideal choices for intrepid gamers.

Big phones tend to come with enlarged batteries, and phablets are very well-endowed in this department. Forget about worrying whether your mobile will last the day; most phablets can go for around two days between charges, and some can last even longer.

#3. Other things to consider

Design and ergonomics are always important areas to think about when buying a smartphone, but they’re particularly important with phablets due to their size.

Most manufacturers are putting every effort into making their large-screen smartphones as user-friendly as possible, whether that’s through a slim frame, a dedicated stylus, centrally-positioned soft keys or a one-handed operation mode. However, we’d still recommend trying one out in a shop first, especially if you have small hands. Make sure they can fit in your pockets too.

Extra features like fingerprint scanners, NFC and microSD card slots can also have a huge effect on the overall user experience.

https://techmzy./2016/01/20/what-you-need-to-know-about-phablets-why-should-you-buy-one/

1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by prahcetomi(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Pls, I want to sell my nokia 3310....u wan buy?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by PhonePlanet(m): 2:29am On Jan 21, 2016
Phones has smaller screen therefore higher PPI (if both the phone and the phablet has the same screen resolution) therefore, picture quality is better on phones...

Battery also depends on chipset and optimisation, so most times phones might turn out to have better battery life...

Third point has no point....
And there are no such extra features that can exist in a phone...
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by BigJakie: 3:08am On Jan 21, 2016
two phablets in the world...
Samsung galaxy Note series and the other junks #myopinion

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by kolexepana: 10:51am On Jan 21, 2016
BigJakie:
two phablets in the world...

Samsung galaxy Note series and the other junks #myopinion
Tecno droidpad too is one amazing device lipsrsealed
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by augster(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
We‘re talking about phablets yet one mumu above me is mentioning one whack tablet

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by JesusCrew: 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
We've got some quality and affordable ones wt inbuilt Television. Watch all local stations FREE. No sub. needed.

Click HERE for our 7inch & 9.7inch TV tabs
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by henryobinna(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
this post is flawed, very very.

I'd like to ask how many phablets have you handled?

you don't just wake up and start typing stuffs cos you feel...
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by ElPhoche(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2016
augster:
We‘re talking about phablets yet one mumu above me is mentioning one whack tablet
My chief, why nah? Wetin d guy doto warrant the 'mumu'? Na im own opinion im express shaa
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by augster(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
ElPhoche:

My chief, why nah? Wetin d guy doto warrant the 'mumu'? Na im own opinion im express shaa
abeg no mind that guy...he dey annoying
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by Ochs: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Phones has smaller screen therefore higher PPI (if both the phone and the phablet has the same screen resolution) therefore, picture quality is better on phones...

Battery also depends on chipset and optimisation, so most times phones might turn out to have better battery life...

Third point has no point....
And there are no such extra features that can exist in a phone...

helo, pls i wnt 2 buy either a phablet or a tablet, pls do u any fone dealer dt cn sell a gud fone and at a gud price? tnk u.......
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by Ochs: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
plsssssss i nid d contact of a genuine fone dealer @computer village....tnk u....pls its urgnt
Re: What You Need To Know About Phablets, & Why Should You Buy One by PhonePlanet(m): 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ochs:

helo, pls i wnt 2 buy either a phablet or a tablet, pls do u any fone dealer dt cn sell a gud fone and at a gud price? tnk u.......
I don't have, but go for a phablet

(1) (Reply)

Won't You Use This App That Will Enhance Your Download Speed? / Mi-tribe A500 The Best Valentine Gift / Phone Gurus Please Your Assistance Is Highly Needed Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.