Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) (52988 Views)

Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Ore-lagos Express Way, 8 People Confirmed Dead (photos) / Tanker Burning Along Ore-Lagos Expressway - Bishops10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Objectives: 4:55am On Jan 21, 2016
Really sad experience, but its a good thing you survived, having an experience like that changes your entire perspective about life, more like a philosophical transformation, you may never see life from same angle again,

Just yesterday,

I had resumed work, and left the office to get breakfast, just opposite the office, next thing I heard was 'gboooa, ewo ooo, ewo oooo'

I turned, a keke was pushed off the road by a speeding bus, the keke collided with the culvet really hard,

There was a woman sitted at the back, she was bleeding badly from her nose and mouth simultaneously, she was in a pretty bad state,

She was trying to reach her hand bag and say somethings, but I adviced her not to move and speak as her condition could get worse,

Suddenly, nothing mattered to me anymore, I just wanted to see her in a stable and better condition, breakfast and work became irrelevant, blood was already on my shirt as I was trying to assist her out of where she was, mtchwww, If it meant having blood all over me to give her all the assistance she needed, I was ready,

Had to stop a keke and take her to the hospital where I waited to ensure she was eventually stitched and taken care of, until we were able to reach her son, some of these hospitals can be annoying, you bring a patient to A&E and they are not attended to on time, leading to further damage

Eventually I learnt she was on her way to look after her brother who just lost his wife, her son said, on her way to do good, this life

But I observed something, perhaps all state governments should have patrolling first aid and emergency buses, on every major road in all major cities, for a start at least, as this will bring much needed help to victims of accidents who can be taken to the hospital in a stable or remedied state except for very fatal ones who can at least be rushed down on time with the standby vehicles.. Nigeria has that kind of money

And people please, when there's an accident around you, don't just walk away, do something to help, it could be you in there, or your very own blood.

7 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Eldorado01(m): 5:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Modsenemy:

Is this the proper time to raise this kind of comment?

Whether 19800 or not, won't u still travel.?

Op congrats though. I'm really happy fr u
I think this is the proper time, because the govt will be able to see pictorial reasons, before now motions have been raised to scrap NYSC due to reasons like dis, but d govt still won't do anything.

think about this : a child raised by a parents for 26 years without the interference of the government, spent about 5 years in the higher institutions, graduated, did convocation and Now died just because he wants to serve the government for a year,
if you were to be the parent of that child, probably ur only child, looking forward to start reaping fruit of ur labor in few years
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Eldorado01(m): 6:01am On Jan 21, 2016
DrChatNuff:
speeding!speeding!!speeding!!!....we NEVER learn, cant imagine how many will die if roads were even better, crazy statement but true.

have you thought of the amount of lives lost since the road have been bad, am amazed by ur comment.

most of this drivers speed because they know the road is bad and they want to cover up the time, if the road was to be good, for instance 4 smooth lanes 18wheelers (trailers) will stick to one, having no reason to swerve from potholes and falling on small vehicles or chasing dem off into the bush.

most times it's not all about speeding...
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 21, 2016
i had similar accident during my industrial training on my way to akwa ibom in 2014. it was a face-to-face accident. my life flashed before my eyes as i shouted hey hey hey and bang the 2 trucks hit. i stayed that way for 5 minutes but my right ear had slit into two due to the loud noise. those who say the bus kept asking me if anyone survived from that same spot were i sat. then and then did i confirm that i God hands were all over it. sorry op, get well soon. my condolence to the families of the dead.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 21, 2016
Eldorado01:
I think this is the proper time, because the govt will be able to see pictorial reasons, before now motions have been raised to scrap NYSC due to reasons like dis, but d govt still won't do anything.

think about this : a child raised by a parents for 26 years without the interference of the government, spent about 5 years in the higher institutions, graduated, did convocation and Now died just because he wants to serve the government for a year,
if you were to be the parent of that child, probably ur only child, looking forward to start reaping fruit of ur labor in few years
i'm due for nysc this year and i don't see myself travelling 16 hours for a country that doesn't care of my existence. truth be told, the nysc needs to be scrapped
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by josite: 6:25am On Jan 21, 2016
if you are not comfortable with the driver ,execrise the option of warning him repeatedly,report him to a police or trfiic officer or demanding he stoopped for you to get down.you cant just sit down and someone annointed from hell drives u into an untimely grave.im well known in those days of jos -lagos.lagos -to jos,i will create hell for a reckless driver while in the bus until he adjusts .
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Toosure70: 6:33am On Jan 21, 2016
I thank God for you.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by ultimate73(m): 6:35am On Jan 21, 2016
God is good to you
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by belloabd1914(m): 6:44am On Jan 21, 2016
RIP, to the dead. Thankful for life.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 21, 2016
2el:

A level 8 teacher in Akwa ibom ibom is earning N105,000
i dont think u really know that ur saying!
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by stonecoldcafe: 6:47am On Jan 21, 2016
That's Ohonba line, uhmn. Rip 2d dead. God saves I know but try Efosa Express (EFEX) or Edegbe next time. Hmm then from Benin enter Faith Motors
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by kings49(m): 6:50am On Jan 21, 2016
Glory to Jesus
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by MissingBudget: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Excuzeme:

Me too, less than 8weeks ago!
Vehicle rolled-over many times and ended-up facing where it was coming from! shocked

Each time it flipped, l hit my head and 'regained conciousness" while things in the car will pour on my head... then l will go back to "sleep" only to be "woken-up" when it repeats the flip! angry angry

To the glory of God, it finally stopped flipping and the final "landing" jarred me back to conciousness!

Within those few minutes or seconds (l dont really know how long), l saw my whole life in "fast-replay" and knew l would be causing hardship to a lot of people, if l died like that.

Surprisingly even to me, l unhooked my belt, cleared my AirBags from my chest area and GOT OUT of the vehicle. I was wondering whether l was even dead and just dreaming..... then l saw headlights on the other side of the road as a vehicle drove past. It dawned on me that l was still alive! kiss kiss
Apart from my drivers door, practically nothing is left of the vehicle, everything was mangled - Complete write-off!
Funnily, the Music system never stopped playing...and still playing!
But God is merciful and shows mercy to the "undeserved" like me.... and l thank Him.
I will live all my days, l will fulfil my destiny and see the children of my children, IJN... I am standing on God's promise, in HIS WORD, to me.

May God console the relatives of those who died and bring them succour.

I think l know how they are feeling right now.

Amen! Thank God for you. When I left the car and sat on the road, I still thought it was the land of the dead because my mouth was jammed together. After some minutes, my lips started moving. I talked.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Kunle106(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Thank God for ur life, I also have a friend who narrowly escaped death from same accident. He said the person next to him died instantly. The scheme is long overdue to be scrapped....
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by dinomcjohn: 7:01am On Jan 21, 2016
May GOD Almighty bless you my brother. I'm happy you made it. May their gentle souls rest in peace. GOD has a great plan for your life. Keep the right on. GOD bless you
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 21, 2016
I hate when accidents happen and people tell survivors crap like "thank God for your life" "it was all God",.. .. What about those that died? Who should they thank, the devil? Don't they also deserve to be saved? Are they not also worshipping God.

God does not save anyone in accidents. Accidents happen, some people escape unscathed, some badly injured, while some don't live to see another day. It is all nature. angry
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by crackhouse(m): 7:19am On Jan 21, 2016
since u were unconscious when u had the accident, who took the photo then or did someone did it on ur behalf? anyways RIP to the dead and thank God for ya life.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by ZiggyMr(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2016
God have Mercy
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by TheAdvocate(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2016
9jacrip:
You actually penned this while at the hospital?

Thank God for your life though.

Hope your folks from Ikire campus are keeping in touch.

Get well.

Did yu read him when he said "I should have shared this before now, but I was just discharged at the hospital"
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by TheAdvocate(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2016
crackhouse:
since u were unconscious when u had the accident, who took the photo then or did someone did it on ur behalf? anyways RIP to the dead and thank God for ya life.

He is together with other corpers he knew in the boss. Don't yu think they can share the pix with him.

Common sense
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by shedgoz(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2016
I actually witnessed the accident scene cos I was travelling same day. It was very pathetic seeing lifeless bodies of humans lying on the floor. May God help us all in this journey of life. R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Mpanyi: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2016
I had goosebumps as I read this.
Thank God for your life, OP.
May the souls of those that died rest in peace.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by jaydee87(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2016
nothing we say will amount to the success you just witness, thank God glorify God serve God always... all I can say is God is too much....
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Gheritage(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2016
I really thank God of purpose for preserving your life from d evil pestilence...I could remembered God saved me from a very terrible accident 3months to end my service Dec2014. RIP to d deads...I'm sure God had a purpose for urlife...PLS, DON'T GIVE UP ON GOD...He will see u through in Jesus Name...Continue to show forth His praises bro
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by maureen546: 7:49am On Jan 21, 2016
May their souls rest in peace Amen
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Eaugusta(f): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2016
RIP to the dead ones, thank God for ur life bro.

Whenever I see another breaking of the day, I just say thank u lord cus it's not by might
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Esetim(f): 8:05am On Jan 21, 2016
I really want to thank God for saving me countless times when plying this road. May his name alone be glorified.
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by yinkes(f): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2016
Thank God for keeping you alive. But why do these drivers sleep while driving. I stay awake and look thru the inner mirror to make sure d driver isn't asleep whenever I travel by road.
What I have noticed is that, most times we passengers tend to sleep as soon as the bus is on motion, so how do you caution a driver who is over- speeding or sleeping. May God help us all.
RIP to the departed.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by MikeB3(m): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2016
Hmmmmmmm! This is actually a touching revelation.... My brother @EKITI001 I really thank God for your life, the Almighty creator saved your soul for a purpose and we magnify his holy name for that. I traveled to and from along Benin-Ore road while I was a 2014 Batch A Corper in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State and I know how pathetic and frightening to ply the road even with their so called renovation. May the soul of the departed victims rest in peace and may God grant their loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. Take care bro, and make sure you redeploy to South West and complete your National Service.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by obiaguna(m): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2016
Thanking God for sparing your life corper. I witnessed that accident on that fateful day as I was returning from the east to Lagos. It was terrible to be honest. May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by obiaguna(m): 8:21am On Jan 21, 2016
stonecoldcafe:
That's Ohonba line, uhmn. Rip 2d dead. God saves I know but try Efosa Express (EFEX) or Edegbe next time. Hmm then from Benin enter Faitho Motors

Same thing I did when travelling. Entered Edegbe to Benin and then faith motors to Onitsha. Mehn it's God oo. Same road u pass unscathed others may probably have an accident. I couldn't stop thinking God for journey mercies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.