Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports (27002 Views)

We Will Save $10bn From Fuel Importation- Buhari / Subsidy Removal: PPPRA Pegs Naira At N298/$ For Fuel Imports / Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by wisenewgem(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2016
kk
Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Duletion(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2016
Nigerians have been short-changed

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2016
MAKE WE REFINE OUR THING FOR HERE.

POLITICIANS, UNA NO GREE.

They should have told China or the Russia with any scathing effects.

If the dollar is the international currency for international trade, then does it mean we do not have savings in dollars for Nigeria? Or are we saying we simply just do not want to use the dollar.

I think the fact is we are lacking in the dollar in terms of foreign reserves/savings of course due to s short fall in revenue mainly oil earnings. So we do not have enough international currency to buy stuff within the international market.
Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by chronique(m): 9:21am On Jan 21, 2016
And things keep getting worse by the day;may God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by ct2: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2016
Thank u lord, thank u lord, thank you Lord. In every circumstances give thank to God

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by wristbangle: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Honestly this kind of news demoralise the masses esteem.

Can't we for once hear a good news?

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by patrick89(m): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2016
Ugonnax:

Yoruba...keep blaming Emefiele when clearly the new minister if finance the weave-wearing Adeosun has no clear conviction nor direction on fiscal policies.
you know those scavengers!! During Gej, they blamed him and okonjo instead of sanusi, now they're now blaming Emefiele instead of PMB and commissioner..

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Godson32(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2016
Another word for buhari is badluck,APC means scam,Nigeria is just their punching bag. Na wah o.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by onatisi(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2016
Chubhie:
Buhari and Apc are curses to Nigeria. it is not rocket science that Nigeria won't survive four years of these two destructive forces---Apc and Buhari.
now u can see why I have been critical of this government right from the onset. This is a government completely filled with totally clueless ppl that have no idea of what to do at any given moment.they only thing they feel jumpy about and which causes their adrenalin to rush up is when they want to blame pdp or gej.it is then their brains start working

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by ademoladeji(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2016
Who are the foreign suppliers?

Their names/countries?

Are their transactions legitimate?

This is no good news oooooo
Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by tivta(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2016
This is Michael Jackson bad...

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by cana882(m): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2016
Chai! Buhari go curse d day he won dis election o.. ona wan gv my booboo hrt attack?? This is a betrayal of trust o

Isorite

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Justicealh3(m): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2016
Na LASSA FEVER go kill this leaders of our Country. Even to enjoy a little Change We want from this PMB's regime, everythings still hard for Us to buy, even Garri now is poison with RATS of LASSAFEVER.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by urbanmonk: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2016
chesterlee:

Kemi Adeosun has done virtually nothing since she was appointed

Buhari goofed big time by appointing her.
Does this peeping queen look like she knows what she is doing?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by byna: 9:39am On Jan 21, 2016
Goke7:

of course since Nigeria is broke, then the CBN is broke too, remember our major revenue which is from oil is depleting with the falling oil prices so cbn definitely can't have enough FX as we speak to support these transactions, the banks themselves are not healthier either, its all joined together.

Don't you think the anti-corruption drive by PMB to recover stolen monies may be targeted to shore up our dwindling FX? could it be that's the reason why the FG is taking it too serious to the extent that folks are wondering why they are expending so much energy on it instead of focusing on the economy? I think the answer to this is that Govt through the CBN truly doesn't have enough funds to run the economy yet.

What of diversification of economy to agriculture like cocoa in South West. If Buhari cannot cope with the Economy, he should divide the country peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2016
Nigeria at the moment lacks a functioning government.

Rather than find ways to fix the economy, buhari just wants to show muscles to the militants in the Niger Delta, he needs to ask obasanjo how well his force worked, not even the massacre of odi stopped the militants until yar adua gave them amnesty.

They militants have just one mission, to destroy oil facilities and I have been watching foolish brain lacking buhari supporters calling for airstrikes on the same creeks that house these same facilities which will also lead to the total destruction of the oil installations.

Buhari's stubbornness and lack of education will ruin this country if care is not taken, no wonder IBB kicked his ass out the first time.

Buhari is no savior as his sycophants are painting him, he is just a power drunk old man that didn't get the opportunity to loot as president the first time. If he is a saint, he should probe IBB so that he will open his stomach.

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by tiredface: 9:42am On Jan 21, 2016
THE CHANGE FRON APC LEAD ILLITERATE QUOTA PROMOTED GENERAL.. EXPECT THE WORST.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Chubhie: 9:46am On Jan 21, 2016
onatisi:
now u can see why I have been critical of this government right from the onset. This is a government completely filled with totally clueless ppl that have no idea of what to do at any given moment.they only thing they feel jumpy about and which causes their adrenalin to rush up is when they want to blame pdp or gej.it is then their brains start working
I gave buhari benefit of the doubt.alas, I was wrong and you are right. my apologies. you must be a prophetic patriot.

10 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by chukkiephil(m): 9:47am On Jan 21, 2016
I smell the long awaited Revolution!! the youths of this country will rise again!!

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by viktor01(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Hmmmmm. na wa o.

The unfortunate thing is that at any given time, they will always drop one ear-itching news to keep the gullible Nigerians engrossed in discussion such that they won't even remember to objectively assess the govt.

OH....my country....

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by madenigga(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2016
I blame Gej grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Great decision.

- reforms in the banking sector is ongoing
- reforms in forex management is ongoing
- reforms in political administration is ongoing
- export is now our focus
- fuel business is to be driven by NNPC
- economic reforms now on the way to be led by entrprenuership
- economic growth to be bottom - up

Amazing actions by government ...Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by okezed: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2016
In the word of a wrestler by King Barrett " I HAVE A BAD NEWS"!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:58am On Jan 21, 2016
appini:
And the duarian keep chasing shadows.

Abegi free PMB joo!

When our refineries were being killed, was he president?

I'm not a die-hard APC person, but we must learn to face the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by viktor01(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2016
madenigga:
I blame Gej grin

I concur.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2016
Bevista:
But, is it not the responsibility of CBN to make FX available for importers? I do not think that DMBs are in a position to fund huge import bills like fuel imports.
---
Bank customers (like fuel importers) are supposed to go to their banks to raise LCs for imports. The banks then take those LCs to CBN so that the apex bank can approve and back such transactions.
---
I think it is more likely that the CBN is broke on FX. As long as the DMBs have enough Naira to buy FX from CBN, I think they shouldn't have liquidity problems. Just my 2 cents - I'm not a banker.

The DMB's normally are the ones who raise the LC's for imports. They have naira to buy FX from CBN. The problem is CBN doesn't have enough FX for all these imports cos its not collecting as much dollar from crude sales anymore.

Our problem is the supply of forex has dwindled and CBN is trying to do a balancing act so the naira doesn't completely crash at d weight of imports (demand on d dollar) vis a vis supply.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Bevista: 10:07am On Jan 21, 2016
janellemonae:
The DMB's normally are the ones who raise the LC's for imports. They have naira to buy FX from CBN. The problem is CBN doesn't have enough FX for all these imports cos its not collecting as much dollar from crude sales anymore.

Our problem is the supply of forex has dwindled and CBN is trying to do a balancing act so the naira doesn't completely crash at d weight of imports (demand on d dollar) vis a vis supply.
I fully understand the dynamics at play. I agree, you are correct. Are you a banker?
Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Abagworo(m): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2016
Vanguard is a useless media outfit working hard to disrupt Nigeria's peace and development.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Ugonnax: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2016
patrick89:
you know those scavengers!! During Gej, they blamed him and okonjo instead of sanusi, now they're now blaming Emefiele instead of PMB and commissioner..

When I say yorubas are the most tribalistic sets of human on the face of the earth, I mince no word. And they do it so smugly, rather innocently with a straight face.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by Obijulius: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2016
When it works give credit to Dullardin_ho, FOsibanjo and the furry haired Minister/Junior Intern of Finance.

When it fails blame Emefiele-the Igbo guy.

You guys have a long way to go as a people.

Lanretoye:
Okay,what is emefiele doing to cushion the effect of this stringent policy self?

10 Likes

Re: Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports by foriz4u(m): 10:18am On Jan 21, 2016
Bevista:
Now I have to admit that there is something fundamentally wrong with this administration and the CBN.
---
I thought we were told that the reason why CBN excluded 41 items from their import list was to ensure that essential items like fuel imports can have access to forex?
---
I am aware that crude oil price has tanked below $28pb as at this morning and may likely continue lower. Obviously, this will adversely hurt FX Reserves, going forward. But why is the CBN and the Federal Executives really poor in their policy communication, thereby always leaving room for conjectures, speculations & conspiracy theories.
it's not the CBN my brother It's the president that's deciding and taking action but doing it under the umbrella of CBN. have u forgotten that buhari is a military man that is vry stubborn? have u forgotten that he said b4 appointing ministers that ministers are just filling gaps? that's a sign he's the one making all these uncalculated, untrust, bias and ignorant policies and decisions and then later retract only after the damage has been made. (e.g, d N50 stamp charges is another policy that is senseless). this is a sign of inexperience and incompetent by d APC lead government. the nation will continue to see these trend as it will take them yrs of experience to get things right. but we Nigerians don't n won't have such patient.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

James Gbande Kneels And Apologizes To Governor Ortom Over Herdsmen - Benue.Info / Oshiomhole: I Did Not Call Seyi Makinde An Overhyped Social Media Governor / How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.