Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,236 members, 7,867,625 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:57 PM

Thanks - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Thanks (717 Views)

Snails: Thanks To This 21st Century Research Advancement / Thanks For Your Patronage / Please I Need Reply Orgently Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Thanks by OluchiDelly: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
hajeebolla:
Hello Naira landers,

I need your opinion on what to do. I am in charge in a 25acres Oil Palm plantation in Osun State (something my dad left me after he died), but with No capital to begin processing and production. I don't know what to do, we leased it out twice but those we gave it to have not been that productive saying they were unable to yield any returns. Thus, saying they can't afford more than 320litres every year. Well we've retained full ownership rights back so we are done with them. I am a graduate with no Job not to talk of capital. People do say my dad laboured a lot to put all these together and i should find to a way to start managing the plantation. They keep talking about how i could be making millions yearly but after conducting my own research i discover i have to be ready to invest large to make that a possibility.

Is it possible i source for a private investor? Like i said leasing it out is presently not an option.Please i just your opinions on what to do.

You mean 320litres(16 kegs) from 25acre per annum? You have been eaten to the marrow. Why not liase with those village guys that specialize in climbing n cutting palm fruits? Likewise those village women that help to cook n process it. Some of them will even cook and process it for you free but they take the all the washed kernel, depending on the agreement.

1 Like

Re: Thanks by slydog(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
What's the state of the farm, have the trees reached commercial age?
Re: Thanks by kk4real: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
Package a proper business plan/proposal. With that you can source for private investors. 320 litres in a whole year from 25acres? that just a scam. Except the trees are diseased or not yielding fruit which i doubt. Our people can b very dishonest at times. That just wickedness. Send me a mail on tonero98@yahoo.com
Re: Thanks by Nobody: 9:07am On May 11, 2018
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Start Agro And Chemical Industries Now, Machines Are Available / This Is No Way To Begin A New Month. / Export Commodities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.