Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nigerians In Nairobi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Nairobi (5402 Views)

Stranded Nigerians In Russia Are Back In Abuja (photo) / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / 17 Nigerians Arrested In Nairobi For Being In Kenya Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Nairobi by Asunke001: 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hello,I will be relocating from switzerland to kenya and was hoping I could get some advice about housing ,schools and way if life there.Any nigerians living in nairobi should be reply.
Merci
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
y are you leaving Europe for Africa?
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Asunke001: 8:38am On Jan 22, 2016
Transfer. My hubby works with an NGO here and was transferred.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Pavore9: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Asunke001:
Hello,I will be relocating from switzerland to kenya and was hoping I could get some advice about housing ,schools and way if life there.Any nigerians living in nairobi should be reply.
Merci

There are many Nigerians residing in Nairobi and l happen to be one of them.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Asunke001: 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nice,just went through your blog. And it was interesting I must say.how long have you been there? I hope I will like it and really looking forward to change of continents. WI'll send you. An email about some few questions and answers /advices that I hope u will be willing to give
Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Miami11: 2:02am On Jan 23, 2016
Asunke001:
Nice,just went through your blog. And it was interesting I must say.how long have you been there? I hope I will like it and really looking forward to change of continents. WI'll send you. An email about some few questions and answers /advices that I hope u will be willing to give
Thank you.

Am also very familiar with Nairobi and could be of help, how about you post your questions here for diverse answers
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by austino677(m): 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

Am also very familiar with Nairobi and could be of help, how about you post your questions here for diverse answers
yeah.. Also needed the answer.... Man must survive wink we need to know more Kenya... From our Nigerian brothers...... 9ja don cast like tsunami angry
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by TheCongo2: 11:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
smithsydny:
y are you leaving Europe for Africa?

oh my ... my ... OMG ... are u serious?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 24, 2016
TheCongo2:

oh my ... my ... OMG ... are u serious?
kilode
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by nairacountry(m): 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
Asunkee001 can you say few things about Switzerland as first hand info of someone who has / is lived/living there.
Your contributions can go a long way in helping sum1 who might be thinking of relocating to Switzerland
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by worry359(m): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
nairacountry:
Asunkee001 can you say few things about Switzerland as first hand info of someone who has / is lived/living there.
Your contributions can go a long way in helping sum1 who might be thinking of relocating to Switzerland
Thanks

Please
Which part of Nairobi is Switzerland in? shocked
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by nairacountry(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
worry359:

Please
Which part of Nairobi is Switzerland in? shocked
Stop being 'worried' man!

Asunke001:
Merci
Next time, take time to read b4 u comment. Look b4 u leap
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by azeezco1luv: 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2017
Pavore9:

There are many Nigerians residing in Nairobi and l happen to be one of them.

Hello bro,
I heard you said you lIve in Nairobi, please I am presently in Tanzania
I wish to come to Nairobi can I connect you?
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by cutieme(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
@azeezco1luv,pls how is tanzania?is it a place one can hussle?How is life there and how do one get their visa and permit?
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by sHOTdownHawk: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2017
Asunke001:
Merci

No kenyans in switzerland. I happen to be one. Secondly you are probably being deported for being an illegal drug dealer.BEWARE EVERYONE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by beecrofty(m): 4:37am On Mar 30, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

No kenyans in switzerland. I happen to be one. Secondly you are probably being deported for being an illegal drug dealer.BEWARE EVERYONE.

Typical Kenyan man hating on Nigerians. Even if he/she is being deported, in what way is it your business? Get the hell out of here, no one asked fo ryour opinion
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by sHOTdownHawk: 7:22am On Mar 30, 2017
beecrofty:

Typical Kenyan man hating on Nigerians. Even if he/she is being deported, in what way is it your business? Get the hell out of here, no one asked fo ryour opinion

Kenya is my business. He should relocate to nigeria not kenya. Anyways you could always invite him back home. Am sure nigerians could gain from his academic and professional experienced he gain from la suisse. But am betting he is a illegal immigrant and probably a drug dealer. Anyways 300 nigerians were deported just last week. It was on every major newpaper. Planes full of nigeria dress in prison clothes all sitting down humble slaves.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Kenyanstar: 8:02am On Mar 30, 2017
Asunke001:
Hello,I will be relocating from switzerland to kenya and was hoping I could get some advice about housing ,schools and way if life there.Any Nigerians living in Nairobi should be reply.
Merci

Asunke, Jambo
Your questions will be answered to the best of my abilities.
Let me give you a small preview of what Kenya and Nairobi entails
Since you suggested that your husband works in an international NGO then most probably it must be the UN. The UN headquarters here is based in the leafy suburbs of Nairobi, Gigiri. The area surrounding Gigiri is the most secure in terms of security since it is home to several embassies and multinational companies. The best housing is also found in this area and its proximity to the upper side nearest to Westlands shopping center. It is also home to the second biggest mall in Africa, Two rivers mall. Its also close to Saint mary's school or Brook house school which are international schools. It also has more higher learning international institutions or Universities.
The social life of Nairobi is vibrant and lively ranging from carnivals, festivals and the only city with a national park within it... Nairobi has the biggest international airport in East and central Africa with direct flights to major international destinations. Transport within Nairobi and other major cities can either be with flight, roads or the new Standard gauge railway. Holiday destinations are within driving distance either in the best beaches in Africa in Mombasa city the second biggest after Nairobi. Kisumu city which has the biggest lake in Africa Lake victoria and also the third biggest town after Mombasa. Nakuru town which is 2hrs drive from Nairobi which consists of the world famous flamingos Lake Nakuru national park.

Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Kenyanstar: 8:14am On Mar 30, 2017
Your opinions will be highly appreciated
GERALD710
MtuMsuper
Muafrika2
kikuyu1
NairobiWalker
arinzeejikonye
motherfucker
konntlife
nyangau123
MPSA
fanficgirl
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2017
sHOTdownHawk:

Kenya is my business. He should relocate to nigeria not kenya. Anyways you could always invite him back home. Am sure nigerians could gain from his academic and professional experienced he gain from la suisse. But am betting he is a illegal immigrant and probably a drug dealer. Anyways 300 nigerians were deported just last week. It was on every major newpaper. Planes full of nigeria dress in prison clothes all sitting down humble slaves.

Even Kenya?! Hahaha this is ridiculous, anyways some desperados will migrate to Antarctica sef, chai. I understand how you feel bro, no sensible Nigerian will relocate to your country seeking greener pastures, it must be due to work or drugs(unfortunately)
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by sHOTdownHawk: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2017
Kenyanstar:

Asunke, Jambo
Your questions will be answered to the best of my abilities.
Let me give you a small preview of what Kenya and Nairobi entails
Since you suggested that your husband works in an international NGO then most probably it must be the UN. The UN headquarters here is based in the leafy suburbs of Nairobi, Gigiri. The area surrounding Gigiri is the most secure in terms of security since it is home to several embassies and multinational companies. The best housing is also found in this area and its proximity to the upper side nearest to Westlands shopping center. It is also home to the second biggest mall in Africa, Two rivers mall. Its also close to Saint mary's school or Brook house school which are international schools. It also has more higher learning international institutions or Universities.
The social life of Nairobi is vibrant and lively ranging from carnivals, festivals and the only city with a national park within it... Nairobi has the biggest international airport in East and central Africa with direct flights to major international destinations. Transport within Nairobi and other major cities can either be with flight, roads or the new Standard gauge railway. Holiday destinations are within driving distance either in the best beaches in Africa in Mombasa city the second biggest after Nairobi. Kisumu city which has the biggest lake in Africa Lake victoria and also the third biggest town after Mombasa. Nakuru town which is 2hrs drive from Nairobi which consists of the world famous flamingos Lake Nakuru national park.

You are funny. How many foreigners you keep on inviting? Probably becoz he claims to be relocating from CH you wanna play housewife. You forget to offer a bed and your wife too. grin cool. Since you have no clue how life here is for africans i'd stop with this BS. Anyways if they work for a NGO here in europa the have more access to your posted info than you. Unless you are nigerian?
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello @op.

I hear kejahunt.com is very useful for finding houses or apartments of your liking. I haven't tried it though☺

Living amongst Kenyans is no problem. So don't go out of your way to look for Nigerian neighbours. And of course, stay legal and renew your visa on time
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by MtuMsuper: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Asunke001:
Merci
perhaps you could ask more pointed questions on all you need to know will be answered by a native or a long term resident like pavore. For instance what ages are the kids? What kind of housing (rentwise) are you looking for and is it commensurate with your hubbys status? What do you guys eat in switzerland: european food or african food? What are your social interests? Are you xtian or muslim? which xtian denomination?

And clear the air on the allegation from some poster above regarding your perceived 'drug dealing' or other shady status you might/might not have.9jans dont have a good rep(sadly), and i have met more upright ones than slippery ones.

Danke viel.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by MtuMsuper: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

Even Kenya?! Hahaha this is ridiculous, anyways some desperados will migrate to Antarctica sef, chai. I understand how you feel bro, no sensible Nigerian will relocate to your country seeking greener pastures, it must be due to work or drugs(unfortunately)
Nairobi has always been attractive to expats. Plenty of your young countrymen/women studying here too. Good weather.No nonsense people who dislike crime. And we dont kidnap oyinbos for ransom. Stable currency. Religious tolerance. Working public utilities.
So hell yes, Nairobi/ Mombasa/Kisumu/Nakuru/Eldoret anyday over Lagos or Abuja anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Nairobi has always been attractive to expats. Plenty of your young countrymen/women studying here too. Good weather.No nonsense people who dislike crime. And we dont kidnap oyinbos for ransom. Stable currency. Religious tolerance. Working public utilities.
So hell yes, Nairobi/ Mombasa/Kisumu/Nakuru/Eldoret anyday over Lagos or Abuja anyday.

Lol religious tolerance? What happened to Alshabab?

As for political tolerance, was it not your country that had two sitting presidents at once or am I mistaking?

Are your young men and women not illegal immigrants in South Africa, doing drugs and committing crime?

Apart from tourism what exactly is your country's major source income? Yet you compare yourself with a wealthy country like Nigeria, continue
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by MtuMsuper: 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol religious tolerance? What happened to Alshabab?

As for political tolerance, was it not your country that had two sitting presidents at once or am I mistaking?

Are your young men and women not illegal immigrants in South Africa, doing drugs and committing crime?

Apart from tourism what exactly is your country's major source income? Yet you compare yourself with a wealthy country like Nigeria, continue
epic fail on all accounts. Get a serious hobby and let us advice this lady with facts.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
MtuMsuper:

epic fail on all accounts. Get a serious hobby and let us advice this lady with facts.

I don't argue with Kenyans, you guys trt too hard to compete but despite everything you can never be up to Nigeria, take care

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by MtuMsuper: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

I don't argue with Kenyans, you guys trt too hard to compete but despite everything you can never be up to Nigeria, take care
I cant hear you well, there must be too much generator noise on your side. Take care of the fumes,deadly for infants and toddlers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Kenyanstar: 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

I assume its the generator fumes making you delusional.... who can blame you anyway, the poverty and blatant failure of Nigeria's reputation is beyond apprehension.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by baico(m): 12:56am On May 05, 2018
Some Government officials Celebrating these guys (BBNaija contenders) like they discovered a Cancer vaccine is what i cannot fathom.
Why are priorities being misplaced? Who did this to us?

When other African countries are busy measuring up, we are busy fingering the anus and visiting the nostrils.

These demons you guys are creating and grooming, it would hunt you down to your children's children.

Imagine playing LUDO game in a burning house!
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by Getbizzzy: 8:22pm On May 07, 2018
Kenyanstar:

I assume its the generator fumes making you delusional.... who can blame you anyway, the poverty and blatant failure of Nigeria's reputation is beyond apprehension.

Easy guys but on a serious note, naija is your senior bro... learn to respect ya senior bro.
Re: Nigerians In Nairobi by nlPoster: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Car Park At MM1 Per Day / Red And Black Bags At Uk Visa Centres (vfs Global) / 15 Reasons To Use A Travel Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.