Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (7) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (7) (440 Views)

Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? / The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (7) by SonofIssachar: 12:40am On Jan 22, 2016
For the end of those things is death. – Romans 6:21b

In conclusion of our series on understanding the nature and workings of the body, soul and spirit, let us consider the final destination of each of these entities at death.

Spirits don’t die. So whenever someone dies it is the soul that really dies. And, once death has happened, the body which was formed out of sand starts to decompose until it finally returns to its primordial state (Genesis 3:19); while the spirit, which is the engine of the body (this is different from the Holy Spirit), departs from the dead body and reports back to God. ‘Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it’ (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

On the other hand, the soul, which is the real person clothed in physical flesh and powered to life by the spirit (breath of God), is the one that dies (Matthew 10:28). It is the soul that will stand in judgement and be released to enjoy everlasting life among other saints or be condemned to the second death. “Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine; the soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4, 20).

It is the soul that is either redeemed to live a new life in Christ Jesus from the earth to eternity; “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul” (Leviticus 17:11). It is also the soul that will be sentenced to hell. “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

So, while the destinations of the flesh and spirit are constant, where the soul will end depends on whether the soul in question accepts Jesus’ invitation to all souls to come to Him (Matthew 11:28-29, Luke 12:20, Jeremiah 38:20).

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

One Kobo Of Buhari Has Never Entered My Hands---fr Mbaka / TB Joshua To Choose 3 Young Leaders To Represent Nigeria At Global Conference / The Fierce Invasion:are You Ready Or Getting Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.