Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit (740 Views)

"My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out / Holy Ghost Vs Holy Spirit / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 22, 2016
Mark 16:17-18English Standard Version (ESV)

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

--

Would any christian filled with the holy spirit be willing to chug back some poison then proceed to handle snakes for me. After that cure some aids patients for me. I could supply some bleach or perhaps some rat poison if needed. Ya let me know I'd like see if this Bible passage is indeed true.
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
Anybody?
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Scholar8200(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Mark 16:17-18English Standard Version (ESV) Ya let me know I'd like see if this Bible passage is indeed true.
hockeyoilers:
Anybody?
Funny! You sound like the tempter that said to Jesus, ''if Thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down(that is down from an elevated place) for it is written, He shall give His angels charge over Thee, they shall bare Thee in their hands lest Thou dash Thy foot against a stone''!

What did Jesus answer?
Go find out and take that as your answer for this thread!
Hint: Event was recorded in Luke 4:9-13

1 Like

Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by sonofthunder: 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
Funny, you sound like the tempter that said to Jesus, ''if Thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down(that is down from an elevated place) for it is written, He shall give His angels charge over Thee, they shall bare Thee in their hands lest Thou dash Thy foot against a stone''! What did Jesus answer?
don't mind him
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
Funny! You sound like the tempter that said to Jesus, ''if Thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down(that is down from an elevated place) for it is written, He shall give His angels charge over Thee, they shall bare Thee in their hands lest Thou dash Thy foot against a stone''!

What did Jesus answer?

Does this mean next time you're filled with holy spirit you'll chug back a 1/2 litre of bleach , play with pythons , and heal aids sufferes ? ?
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 23, 2016
The verse is either true because the consequences of it being wrong leads to questions about any other verses being wrong.
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
So is this verse correct, if filled with holy spirit can you drink poison , cure aids patients, and play with pythons?

Can I get some volunteers.
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by urahara(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Scholar8200:

What did Jesus answer?

Can you drink poison. YES OR NO
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
sorry op you got it all wrong, have you not read when the saraceans,pagans and evil religious sects have purposely given poison to many christian martyrs to drink? Yes the lord has protected them in many ways, we are thought to be sons of God and not slaves of a diety

1 Like

Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Raphael81:
sorry op you got it all wrong, have you not read when the saraceans,pagans and evil religious sects have purposely given poison to many christian martyrs to drink? Yes the lord has protected them in many ways, we are thought to be sons of God and not slaves of a diety

So you're saying anyone filled with the holy spirit can suck back some bleach, cure the sick , and play with poisonous snakes ?
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Raphael81(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:

So you're saying anyone filled with the holy spirit can suck back some bleach, cure the sick , and play with poisonous snakes ?
yes they can cure the sick, its so unfortunate your quran hides the truth from u guus, did muhammed ever perform any miracle? can u use his name to heal now?
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
So anyways whose down to chug bleach next time they get hit by holy spirit ?
Re: Drinking Poison & Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 31, 2016
Any Christians willing to put this verse to the test this weekend ?

(1) (Reply)

Rccg February 2016 Holy Ghost Service!! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/06/16 / I See Biafra Rejoicing, Chelsea Lossing The League.2017 Prophecies By Oroso Tare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.