Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? (617 Views)

CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy / Forex Policy: IMF Lauds CBN, Naira Appreciates / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? by tafrica(m): 8:42am On Jan 22, 2016
Good day,

There is a confusion due to the FOREX policy the country is facing presently. A colleague proposes to borrow some money for a biz from a friend (though not really a closed friend) based in USA with interest to be payed on it. Knowing fully well that he will be paid the Naira equivalent of that amount at the rate of N197-N199/$ at the bank.

The concern is that how can he justify such loan when he will have to pay back in dollars at probably N300-N305/$ rate?

Is there any way to go about it such that the difference between amount at which dollars is sold and bought will not be much?

The loan may not yield any profit from the biz and even turn to debt after the repayment period if the he can't overcome N199 to N305 exchange difference.

Thanks.
Re: How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? by Connoisseur(m): 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
tafrica:
Good day,

There is a confusion due to the FOREX policy the country is facing presently. A colleague proposes to borrow some money for a biz from a friend (though not really a closed friend) based in USA with interest to be payed on it. Knowing fully well that he will be paid the Naira equivalent of that amount at the rate of N197-N199/$ at the bank.

The concern is that how can he justify such loan when he will have to pay back in dollars at probably N300-N305/$ rate?

Is there any way to go about it such that the difference between amount at which dollars is sold and bought will not be much?

The loan may not yield any profit from the biz and even turn to debt after the repayment period if the he can't overcome N199 to N305 exchange difference.

Thanks.

If you can pay to my contact over there, I will pay you the naira equivalent here
Re: How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? by tafrica(m): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Connoisseur:

If you can pay to my contact over there, I will pay you the naira equivalent here

Your exchange rate sir?
Re: How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
How is the person sending the money?
Re: How Does He Overcome This FOREX Policy? by Connoisseur(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
tafrica:

Your exchange rate sir?

Hit me up

(1) (Reply)

Ten High Paying Jobs For Music Lovers!!! / Paypal Fund $600 Needed Willing To Buy At N230 / Black Soap Expert,look For Investor To Partner With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.