Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,178 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Final Year Project - Please Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Final Year Project - Please Help (784 Views)

Design And Implementation Of Cinema Booking And Viewing | Free Final Year Projec / Design And Implementation Of An Online Shopping System | Free Final Year Project / PLEASE Help!!!...final Year Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Project - Please Help by bookgenius(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2016
Let me go straight to the point. The project is a phone tracking system that includes an app and a web server.

The mobile application installed on the mobile phone will send the coordinates of the position of the mobile phone at intervals to a remote webserver, based on the assumption that the phone’s GPS is always on, and there is always internet access on the phone.

The webserver receives data (coordinates) from the GPS on the mobile phone. It also serves data to the webpage with data needed to locate the exact position of the mobile phone.
It uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture consisting of the models that manage the data and resources, the controller that routes request the appropriate components for handling and the view that responds with the appropriate data requested.

The webpage presents the exact location of the mobile phone on the global map. This is achieved through the insertion of the coordinates (latitude and longitude) onto the web page. The user interface is developed using client side programming and is intended as a tool that is in sync with the global map.

Assumptions
The following assumptions are to be made during the design of this project:
The GPS of the mobile phone is always switched on
The mobile phone always has access to the internet

I am into programming but not so vast in it, i know PHP for some extent and also frontend languages....The problem is that I don't even know where to start, what I will need or what to learn.

I only need hints and I would so much appreciate it. I'm sure someone here must have done something similar before.

Thanks.
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by nnamdiosu(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2016
bookgenius:
Let me go straight to the point. The project is a phone tracking system that includes an app and a web server.

The mobile application installed on the mobile phone will send the coordinates of the position of the mobile phone at intervals to a remote webserver, based on the assumption that the phone’s GPS is always on, and there is always internet access on the phone.

The webserver receives data (coordinates) from the GPS on the mobile phone. It also serves data to the webpage with data needed to locate the exact position of the mobile phone.
It uses the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture consisting of the models that manage the data and resources, the controller that routes request the appropriate components for handling and the view that responds with the appropriate data requested.

The webpage presents the exact location of the mobile phone on the global map. This is achieved through the insertion of the coordinates (latitude and longitude) onto the web page. The user interface is developed using client side programming and is intended as a tool that is in sync with the global map.

Assumptions
The following assumptions are to be made during the design of this project:
The GPS of the mobile phone is always switched on
The mobile phone always has access to the internet

I am into programming but not so vast in it, i know PHP for some extent and also frontend languages....The problem is that I don't even know where to start, what I will need or what to learn.

I only need hints and I would so much appreciate it. I'm sure someone here must have done something similar before.

Thanks.

oya listen. your project will be divided into

1. mobile app (probably android)

2. web application (consisting of php, and mysql server)

procedures
1. create an android app that on installation collects the gps coordinates of the user and sends it to a database server online. preferably the user must register first. this will ensure that every user has different username so you can from the web use a drop down to select the particular user amongst others and then pin point his exact location

2. create a web application that that shows the user(s) location. this application will be connected to the same database that the mobile app user's gps has been submitted to. now there are some apis or web services (i'' get one for you later) that you just submit the gps longitude and latitude to and then it outputs the location of the user .(it uses google gps somehow). like that you can view the user's location

my assumptions
1. you know android, php/mysql
2. you have a web site domain online where submission of the data will be done

IF THE ABOVE ASSUMPTIONS ARE WRONG THEN MY FINAL ASSUMPTION IS THAT

1. YOU HAVE MONEY FOR ME TO SO IT FOR YOU? but if yes, then go ahead.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by bookgenius(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
nnamdiosu:

oya listen. your project will be divided into

1. mobile app (probably android)

2. web application (consisting of php, and mysql server)

procedures
1. create an android app that on installation collects the gps coordinates of the user and sends it to a database server online. preferably the user must register first. this will ensure that every user has different username so you can from the web use a drop down to select the particular user amongst others and then pin point his exact location

2. create a web application that that shows the user(s) location. this application will be connected to the same database that the mobile app user's gps has been submitted to. now there are some apis or web services (i'' get one for you later) that you just submit the gps longitude and latitude to and then it outputs the location of the user .(it uses google gps somehow). like that you can view the user's location

my assumptions
1. you know android, php/mysql
2. you have a web site domain online where submission of the data will be done

IF THE ABOVE ASSUMPTIONS ARE WRONG THEN MY FINAL ASSUMPTION IS THAT

1. YOU HAVE MONEY FOR ME TO SO IT FOR YOU? but if yes, then go ahead.
God bless you

Thanks. I will get back to you. But have u heard of OpenGTS??
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by nnamdiosu(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
bookgenius:
Thanks. I will get back to you. But have u heard of OpenGTS??

yep. OpenGTS ™ ("Open GPS Tracking System"wink is the
first available open source project designed
specifically to provide web-based GPS tracking
services for a "fleet" of vehicles.

but I advise against using something you don't understand as to defend. but if you do......go ahead
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by hupernikao: 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
nnamdiosu:

yep. OpenGTS ™ ("Open GPS Tracking System"wink is the
first available open source project designed
specifically to provide web-based GPS tracking
services for a "fleet" of vehicles.

but I advise against using something you don't understand as to defend. but if you do......go ahead

Please how can i reach u. I have something i want u to do for me.

Regards.
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by nnamdiosu(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
hupernikao:

Please how can i reach u. I have something i want u to do for me.
Regards.
08164220091. beep me
Re: Final Year Project - Please Help by hupernikao: 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
nnamdiosu:

08164220091. beep me

Ok, Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

PLS HELP! Has My Account Been Blocked? / Blog For Sell At A Very Cheap Price / 00webhosting Free Web Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.