Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,995 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere (992 Views)

Sergio Ramos And Pilar Rubio Are Engaged After 3 Kids / NIGERIA'S Falconet Finally Paid N30,000 Each After Disappointing World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by MosakuAW(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2016
A member of Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets set
of 1985, Fatai Atere says the ₦2 million
reward given the players after their feat
31 years ago is disappointing.President,
Muhammadu Buhari honored several
distinguished Nigerian athletes on
Thursday; rewarding their
accomplishments, but Atere has
suggested the cash reward was meager
and having waited for 31 years, his only
delight was seeing old teammates again.

” To be honest it was disappointing, but
for the President to remember us; that is
a good thing. If they’d told me he was
giving us only ₦2million I wouldn’t even
bother leaving America. But seeing my
teammates after 30 (31) years; I love the
camaraderie, I like talking to them (sic).

” Its like the President rightly said, that
its just a token and I’ll take that. I
thought what he said it was ₦200million
and perhaps that was his intention
because after 30 years to give me 2
million is not right.But I appreciate that,
and I thank him,God bless Nigeria,”
Atere told footballlive.ng.

Source: footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/₦2m-reward-after-3-decades-is-disappointing-fatai-atere/

Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2016
grin
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by OneManLegion(m): 11:01am On Jan 22, 2016
Lwkmd! Who the heck is this clown? Did you have any idea that by any twist of fate, you'll get that money? Instead of the fool to appreciate the serendipity, he's there blabbing manure. Oloribu.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2016
Lool... Ds Yoloba man wan chop yam sef...

1 Like

Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by ZeroTolerance: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2016
If an Igbo man had said this... Imagine what the reaction from the people of South West would have been.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Gratitude is key bro.

Anyhow, that 2m (free money) did something good in your life this week thus, be grateful.
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Bonapart(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2016
Very very disappointing
bubu the failed one
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Bonapart(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2016
OneManLegion:
Lwkmd! Who the heck is this clown? Did you have any idea that by any twist of fate, you'll get that money? Instead of the fool to appreciate the serendipity, he's there blabbing manure. Oloribu.
You're the fool her duh!!! What about those that died, i guess the 2m will finds its way to them

anyone who celebrate this 2m is worst than a fool

1 Like

Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by stchinedu: 11:35am On Jan 22, 2016
OneManLegion:

ma da were lohun...confirmed oloribu ni bobo yen.
Imagine saying he thought they would give him #200million, that he was dissapointed when they gave him #2million. The fool did not reject the #2million since it was short of what he had in mind. thief! ole!! onyeshi!!! barawo!!!
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Day169: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
Why don't you just return the money. ..Big boy!
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by azeeza(f): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
My thought as well. How much was he expecting #200 Million I guess. They is no money in the country for christ sake.
Day169:
Why don't you just return the money. ..Big boy!
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by everystep87(f): 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
Maybe he is a Big boy back in the US and see the 2million as chicken change.

He may looks at the money in Dollars and see it as small money to him. N2M convertion to dollars is about $6000plus and he may be making that in a week in US.
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Parry1978(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
shocked

If i see that kind money now, i don start correct business be that. Na him one person talk say he dey dissapointed.

Make him just donate the money or better still wire it to by bank account.
Re: BUHARI BLAST: ₦2m Reward After 3 Decades Is Disappointing – Fatai Atere by Jesusfallsatan(f): 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Yeye people!
Just appreciate and move on. How much was he expecting then?

(1) (Reply)

Michael Olowokandi Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today! / / Win Big Stake Big .....thank Me Later #happy Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.