Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia (636 Views)

Pro-Biafran Supporters Protest In Spain Over Nnamdi Kanu's Detention. PICS / Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / The Orders For The Bail Of Dasuki & Kanu Should Be Obeyed - Femi Falana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by tommykiwi(m): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Chris Nwaokobia, head of Change Ambassadors of Nigeria, a strategic team which played a prominent role in the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria has said that President Buhari has committed no offence with the detention of high profile detainees.

The continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu, the Director Radio Biafra and Sambo Dasuki, the former national security adviser has raised eye brows on the extent to which the president is ready to comply with the rule of law.

In an interview with naij.com, Nwaokobia explained that Dasuki was released but re=arrested on a separate charge while Kanu was ordered to be remanded for 90 days in order for security operatives to conduct investigations.
He said the president was not a dictator as he had been complying with the rule of law.

When I hear about him being dictatorial, I ask people to give me facts and figures. And then, when people talk about Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu, I wonder why we sensationalise every development. Nnamdi Kanu was asked to be released on a different charge entirely from the one that is holding him today. Don’t forget that as you and I talk, the court has given the SSS an authority to hold him for 90 days while they go on with issues about treason for which he is being charged now. So in actual fact, no court order has been disobeyed with respect to Kanu.

Then on the ‘Dasukigate’, Dasuki had been released by the prison authorities because he met his bail conditionaliities and he was out of prison when the SSS re-arrested him for a totally different allegation. There’s nothing in the law concerning being re-arrested when there is an intervening issue. I don’t know where this issue of Mr. President not obeying court orders are situated.If you were in the United States, United Kingdom or France, nobody will give either of these two men bails. Those involved in the 7/7 bombing in the UK were never given bail. Those responsible for the shooting in France were not given bail. What Dasuki did by refusing to arm the Nigerian army has led to terrible collateral damages where a rag-tag insurgent defeats the Nigerian Armed Forces and taking over territories. Now, Nigeria has the third highest number of internally displayed persons in the North-east, it is a massive shame and sufficient to take him to the International criminal court for actions against humanity. When people sensationalise this, I wonder where we are headed.The issue of Nnamdu Kanu is treasonable and I think individual integrity should be subsumed in national integrity. If we must take this country away from poverty, then we must advance the cause for country. If we advance the cause of country, the country would, in turn, take care of us. It is unfortunate that we have refused to wake up from the fact that the elections of March and April 2015 are long gone and the challenges on our hands is to make our nation better and work. It should not be about the APC or PDP because hunger and poverty do not know parties or whether you are Igbo, Hausa or from the minorities. Hunger is hunger and poverty is poverty and they affect people same way

source..........https://www.naij.com/704956-dasuki-kanus-continued-detention-buhari-committed-no-offence-nwaokobia-gives-explanation.html

1 Like

Re: Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by nasiest(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Tell the biafrauds o

1 Like

Re: Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by myqel(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
I disagree

On this day many years ago, a child was brought to this world....his name is Osopale MIchael smiley

Happy birthday to me,myself and I, God bless my new age

Nairalanders should pls show some love smiley

1 Like

Re: Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by babyfaceafrica: 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
Biafrauds and IPODs no go hear...bigots everywhere...PMB kwontinue!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by kingzizzy: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
tommykiwi:
Chris Nwaokobia, head of Change Ambassadors of Nigeria, a strategic team which played a prominent role in the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria has said that President Buhari has committed no offence with the detention of high profile detainees.

The continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu, the Director Radio Biafra and Sambo Dasuki, the former national security adviser has raised eye brows on the extent to which the president is ready to comply with the rule of law.

In an interview with naij.com, Nwaokobia explained that Dasuki was released but re=arrested on a separate charge while Kanu was ordered to be remanded for 90 days in order for security operatives to conduct investigations.
He said the president was not a dictator as he had been complying with the rule of law.

When I hear about him being dictatorial, I ask people to give me facts and figures. And then, when people talk about Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu, I wonder why we sensationalise every development. Nnamdi Kanu was asked to be released on a different charge entirely from the one that is holding him today. Don’t forget that as you and I talk, the court has given the SSS an authority to hold him for 90 days while they go on with issues about treason for which he is being charged now. So in actual fact, no court order has been disobeyed with respect to Kanu.

Then on the ‘Dasukigate’, Dasuki had been released by the prison authorities because he met his bail conditionaliities and he was out of prison when the SSS re-arrested him for a totally different allegation. There’s nothing in the law concerning being re-arrested when there is an intervening issue. I don’t know where this issue of Mr. President not obeying court orders are situated.If you were in the United States, United Kingdom or France, nobody will give either of these two men bails. Those involved in the 7/7 bombing in the UK were never given bail. Those responsible for the shooting in France were not given bail. What Dasuki did by refusing to arm the Nigerian army has led to terrible collateral damages where a rag-tag insurgent defeats the Nigerian Armed Forces and taking over territories. Now, Nigeria has the third highest number of internally displayed persons in the North-east, it is a massive shame and sufficient to take him to the International criminal court for actions against humanity. When people sensationalise this, I wonder where we are headed.The issue of Nnamdu Kanu is treasonable and I think individual integrity should be subsumed in national integrity. If we must take this country away from poverty, then we must advance the cause for country. If we advance the cause of country, the country would, in turn, take care of us. It is unfortunate that we have refused to wake up from the fact that the elections of March and April 2015 are long gone and the challenges on our hands is to make our nation better and work. It should not be about the APC or PDP because hunger and poverty do not know parties or whether you are Igbo, Hausa or from the minorities. Hunger is hunger and poverty is poverty and they affect people same way

source..........https://www.naij.com/704956-dasuki-kanus-continued-detention-buhari-committed-no-offence-nwaokobia-gives-explanation.html

This guy has the mindset of most APC supporters, the mindset of "guilty before proven guilty". The law says everone must be presumed to be innocent until they are proclaimed guilty in a court of competent jurisdiction. Buhari and APC cannot even observe this constitutional mandate yet they want Nigerians to believe that they true agents of change. Had Buhari been a reformed and refined character, he would have told the nation that we should all observe what the law says about people charged to court, he would have eschewed that principle of innocent until proven guilty. But he can't because he is not a democrat at heart. The man is equating Kanu with the 77 bombings and and the Paris shootings. Has Kanu killed anyone? No. Has he commited any act of terrorism? No. So he commited treason by talking? How can a person commit treason just by talking on a radio station? Laughable

1 Like

Re: Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by tsdarkside(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
myqel:
I disagree

On this day many years ago, a child was brought to this world....his name is Osopale MIchael smiley

Happy birthday to me,myself and I, God bless my new age

Nairalanders should pls show some love smiley

i will not show you love,in such a serious matter....why do you disagree??...
Re: Dasuki, Kanu's Detention Is Legal - Nwaokobia by cheruv: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Talking from Aisha's plate of rice grin

O nānum n'obi ihu ndi Igbo dika onye a bu sabo

(1) (Reply)

Military In Ekitigate / #JusticeForAbia Trending NO 1 On Twitter Ahead Of Tommorow's Supreme Court Case. / I Didn’t Buy My Way To National Assembly, Bamidele Faults Fayose’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.