Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? (4501 Views)

Land Allocation Updates At Christal Homes Garden. / Land Allocation (headlight Nigeria Limited) / HEADLIGHT NIGERIA LIMITED ( Land Allocation With Promo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by propzncribz: 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
I have a client who has documents showing government allocated land of 10 hectares for agricultural use. The document is dated from the 1990s.

He doesn't have an idea how to go about it, neither do I. If there is anyone who has knowledge on this, please enlighten me. Thanks
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by Onuokwu: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
propzncribz:
I have a client who has documents showing government allocated land of 10 hectares for agricultural use. The document is dated from the 1990s.

He doesn't have an idea how to go about it, neither do I. If there is anyone who has knowledge on this, please enlighten me. Thanks

What exactly does he want to do? Has he paid the fees for the land? The best is go to Land office and revalidate and pay. The way it is now, an ordinary allocation letter does not identify the land that has been allocated to you. This will come after all the payments have been made.
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by propzncribz: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Onuokwu:

What exactly does he want to do? Has he paid the fees for the land? The best is go to Land office and revalidate and pay. The way it is now, an ordinary allocation letter does not identify the land that has been allocated to you. This will come after all the payments have been made.

Thanks for your response. The lands were allocated in the 1980s. He went there once but hasn't been there since. All fees then were paid.
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by younglawya(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oga, meet a lawyer. Are u relly going 2 rely on free information gotten from a public forum?
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by propzncribz: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
younglawya:
Oga, meet a lawyer. Are u relly going 2 rely on free information gotten from a public forum?

I asked two lawyers already and they know nothing.
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by PearlStreet(m): 1:50am On Jan 23, 2016
propzncribz:

I asked two lawyers already and they know nothing.

Lol. That's what happens when you meet a mechanical engineer to wire your house. They are all engineers but with different specialties.

To your question, once you show an interest in govt. land, you get a letter of allocation. Upon receipt of this letter, you are supposed to make payments as indicated in the letter and submit evidence of payment to the Lands Bureau.

Once your payments have been confirmed, you would be issued a Letter of Confirmation. It is this letter of confirmation that stands as a definitive proof of acceptance of the govt's terms over the land. The next step after this payment is documntation for processing of your title documents.

If your client says he has paid, tell him to provide a letter of confirmation from the Lands Bureau. If he says he doesn't have, let him provide evidence of payment. If he still doesn't have, he should provide the file number of his application at the Lands Bureau. If he still doesn't have, you can take a copy of the letter to the Lands Bureau for physical search.

@ All, anyone who buys a land with only Government Letter of Allocation has entered into one-chance. Letter of confirmation is the koko and not just allocation.

Cheers.
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by propzncribz: 7:07am On Jan 23, 2016
PearlStreet:

Lol. That's what happens when you meet a mechanical engineer to wire your house. They are all engineers but with different specialties.

To your question, once you show an interest in govt. land, you get a letter of allocation. Upon receipt of this letter, you are supposed to make payments as indicated in the letter and submit evidence of payment to the Lands Bureau.

Once your payments have been confirmed, you would be issued a Letter of Confirmation. It is this letter of confirmation that stands as a definitive proof of acceptance of the govt's terms over the land. The next step after this payment is documntation for processing of your title documents.

If your client says he has paid, tell him to provide a letter of confirmation from the Lands Bureau. If he says he doesn't have, let him provide evidence of payment. If he still doesn't have, he should provide the file number of his application at the Lands Bureau. If he still doesn't have, you can take a copy of the letter to the Lands Bureau for physical search.

@ All, anyone who buys a land with only Government Letter of Allocation has entered into one-chance. Letter of confirmation is the koko and not just allocation.

Cheers.

Thanks for the information sir, I will find out if the confirmation letter of payment is available. If the letter of confirmation is available, is that the guarantee that the land is safe from land thieves?
Re: Letter Of Land Allocation. Does Anyone Know How This Works? by PearlStreet(m): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
propzncribz:

Thanks for the information sir, I will find out if the confirmation letter of payment is available. If the letter of confirmation is available, is that the guarantee that the land is safe from land thieves?

The confirmation letter shows that the govt. recognizes his ownership of that allocated portion of land. However, he should also have a survey plan over the land otherwise, he wouldn't know where the 10 hectares start or end.

I advise that you go to the Lands Bureau and make enquiries at the office handling land mattes in that locality. They would giv you the true situation of things.

By the way, where is the land located?

(1) (Reply)

Apartments For Rent @ Valley Estate ,ikeja,lagos ,nigeria / . / A Plot @ Olokonla close To The Road @ #8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.