Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,602 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers (1022 Views)

Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / Man Asks A Father Why He Exposed His Daughter's Breast / Uzoamaka Chukwu Adopted By Rita Anoh Nnenna, Moves Into Her Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, yesterday called on the Federal Government to stop Chevron and Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC, from extending the planned sack of 18,500 workers globally to Nigeria.
NUPENG in a statement by its President, Mr. Igwe Achese, insisted that the union was worried and concerned about the purported sack threat of about 18,500 workers, though, globally in Chevron and Shell, describing the planned sack as alarming.
It claimed the planned sack was a sack too many, as oil workers in Chevron Nigeria and Shell would be affected, as the two companies had adduced dwindling oil prices in the international market for the planned sack.
According to the statement: “NUPENG calls on the federal government to halt the threat of loss of jobs in Nigeria by these multinational companies and wonders why Chevron and Shell should engage in the impending sack, when they have fully divested from on – shore oil fields.
It will be morally unjustified for Chevron and Shell to retrench oil workers in Nigeria as they are carting away profits made from deep oil shores and joint venture gas projects.
NUPENG condemns in its entirety the impending sack as it will not work with the current efforts of the Buhari administration to generate employment instead of job loses.
“it will amount to derailing the efforts of the government to provide jobs for Nigerians.It states that the oil giants should cut cost by employing Nigerians in positions where expatriates hold sway and are paid ten times what our people are getting.
NUPENG warns that it may be forced to embark on industrial action if the Federal government, through the regulatory agency, NNPC fails to stop Chevron and Shell from sending oil workers in Nigeria to the unemployment market.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/603402/
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Emmaus12: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nupeng should shut the Bleep up, so make dem sack other people all over the world then leave us abi!

All the people wey don go since wetin dem do, the hundreds wey don go since november last year wetin them do? Dem don hear shell and chevron ear don stand....

Fuckers

1 Like

Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Emmaus12:
Nupeng should shut the Bleep up, so make dem sack other people all over the world then leave us abi!

All the people wey don go since wetin dem do, the hundreds wey don go since november last year wetin them do? Dem don hear shell and chevron ear don stand....

Fuckers
Bros Wetin dem dey talk correct shall, if dem sack dos pipo join d 1 wen we get en Hmmmmmmmmmmm d world is finish
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Emmaus12: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oboi people have been losing jobs since last year all over the world, nigeria is not exempted...

Wetin we go dey pray na make the price go up, i knw the number of friends who have lost their jobs...where was nupeng wen all this was happening.
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Nairaland111(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jusmudi:
Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, yesterday called on the Federal Government to stop Chevron and Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC, from extending the planned sack of 18,500 workers globally to Nigeria.
NUPENG in a statement by its President, Mr. Igwe Achese, insisted that the union was worried and concerned about the purported sack threat of about 18,500 workers, though, globally in Chevron and Shell, describing the planned sack as alarming.
It claimed the planned sack was a sack too many, as oil workers in Chevron Nigeria and Shell would be affected, as the two companies had adduced dwindling oil prices in the international market for the planned sack.
According to the statement: “NUPENG calls on the federal government to halt the threat of loss of jobs in Nigeria by these multinational companies and wonders why Chevron and Shell should engage in the impending sack, when they have fully divested from on – shore oil fields.
It will be morally unjustified for Chevron and Shell to retrench oil workers in Nigeria as they are carting away profits made from deep oil shores and joint venture gas projects.
NUPENG condemns in its entirety the impending sack as it will not work with the current efforts of the Buhari administration to generate employment instead of job loses.
“it will amount to derailing the efforts of the government to provide jobs for Nigerians.It states that the oil giants should cut cost by employing Nigerians in positions where expatriates hold sway and are paid ten times what our people are getting.
NUPENG warns that it may be forced to embark on industrial action if the Federal government, through the regulatory agency, NNPC fails to stop Chevron and Shell from sending oil workers in Nigeria to the unemployment market.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/603402/
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Nigeria of yesterday is better 2 Nigeria of 2day
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Nairaland111(m): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Emmaus12:
Oboi people have been losing jobs since last year all over the world, nigeria is not exempted...

Wetin we go dey pray na make the price go up, i knw the number of friends who have lost their jobs...where was nupeng wen all this was happening.
Na 2ru shall bt 2 correct dis mistake nw better ooooooooooooo
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Emmaus12: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nairaland111:

Na 2ru shall bt 2 correct dis mistake nw better ooooooooooooo

Abeg make we leave talk, make we watch dem go sack nothing go happen.

Its simply business, i dont support it but i dont blame they have to drive down cost
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Nairaland111(m): 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Emmaus12:

Abeg make we leave talk, make we watch dem go sack nothing go happen.

Its simply business, i dont support it but i dont blame they have to drive down cost
My broda Nigeria don fall finish bt all Xam I bliv is also a good point
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by osesology(m): 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Serious
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
osesology:
Serious
Na good news or bad news
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by ironheart(m): 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
when them dey collet their salary, them remember say sack fit happen? its high time nigerians learn to save for raining day. they should be able to create new jobs joor.
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
ironheart:
when them dey collet their salary, them remember say sack fit happen? its high time nigerians learn to save for raining day. they should be able to create new jobs joor.
I tot abt dt, nw I know dt everybody is just fighting 4 his/her interest
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by osesology(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jusmudi:

Na good news or bad news
I'll call it goodnews but this is a global implimentation and only the grace of God is needed here o! I'll recommend fasting and prayer for them.
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
osesology:

I'll call it goodnews but this is a global implimentation and only the grace of God is needed here o! I'll recommend fasting and prayer for them.
Bros sorry 2 say I nr go fit tak panadol 4 another man headache ooooooooooooo
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Nairaland111(m): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
osesology:

Pray 4 who?
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by osesology(m): 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nairaland111:
Pray 4 who?
The workers, I mean.
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
osesology:

The workers, I mean.
Dt guy na bad guy, e nr won pray
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by osesology(m): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jusmudi:

Dt guy na bad guy, e nr won pray
Me I surprise o, the way he asked``pray for who''? e be like say him get beef with all oil workers.
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
osesology:

Me I surprise o, the way he asked``pray for who''? e be like say him get beef with all oil workers.
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. U sure say d guy get work?
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by osesology(m): 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jusmudi:
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. U sure say d guy get work?
Hahahahahaha!
Re: NUPENG Asks FG To Stop Chevron, Shell On Moves To Sack 18,500 Workers by Jusmudi(m): 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
osesology:

Hahahahahaha!
Nr tel anybody ooooooooooooo, na only knw ooooooooooooo

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Hash Tag For My Dad Case Is #saverichard. / My Experience With ATM Fraud Personel / PHOTOS: Armed Robbers Who Use Charm To Open Padlocks Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.