Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract (646 Views)

How Old Do You Really Look? This Website Will Tell You In Seconds / How Do I Add Next And Previous Buttons At The Footer Of My Wordpress Blog / Please I Need A Google Adsense Account For Website, Will Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by SamMilla1(m): 3:04am On Jun 25, 2009
Who among the webmasters here have designed a website for a mega company?

I mean like Giant banks , Super Insurance companies , Mega Contractors Like Berger or strabag,

Not for hosting companies or Suya joint in Ojuelegba or allĀ  this baby websites i see here.

I see some guys making mouth here all the time.
I wont call names but i will if they dont answer my question.

Before you start throwing punches at me, Remember i am not a developer.
I just installed my forum and decided to learn php and html (During weekends and free times) so i can develop custom applications for the forum.
So i can create sites easily but not pro sites and i dont create sites for anybody except to play around.

Reason :
Skypark International, Based in Hong Kong with Branches in Onitsha Nigeria, Europe and America,
The company i represent here needs a website.
The CEO knows i manage my website, so he thinks i am pro developer.
Now he asked me what it will take to develop a standard website and how long.
I am looking at a website of high quality in everything.

I am thinking about telling him to look elsewhere cos i am sure i will be editing the website later
whether i developed it or not.

Dont misunderstand me but i must see a standard website developed by YOU if you are thinking of taking the work.

If you are interested, Dial +31681296890 (between 8pm and 12am), or contact me on my website

I will return to remove this number later.
Goodluck guyz
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by cvibe: 11:23am On Jun 25, 2009
@ Poster,

Just because someone develops a website for a bank does not mean he has done a good Job.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by SamMilla1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2009
Well, developing a website for a functioning Bank means a good job for me based on what i am looking for.

So if you have developed a professional website, then you can apply for the job.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by OmniPotens(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
@Sam
Does it mean this so called job is only for those that have done a bank website?
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2009
I do not qualify. . .
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by OmniPotens(m): 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2009
Why disqualify yourself? Allow him to finally tell us that if we haven't done bank websites then we are disqualified or he should rather provide us with a rating scheme/ qualities.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
k, let us still wait and see. . .
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by bug24(m): 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2009
(runz in, reads the post, takes pankere, flogs the POSTER in the yansh, for saying barbash, gives him 3 konks on d head, RUNZ OUT).
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by yawatide(f): 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2009
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here: He said "designed" not "developed". To me, there is a difference.

If he wants it developed (front and back end), then it will take time and my fees go up. If he just wants it designed (just front end), my fees go down and time to complete is also reduced.

Relating it to one of those chemistry laws, my charges and rate of completion are directly proportional to wether he wants me to design, develop or design and develop the site wink

I think clarification is needed here.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by nitation(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2009
Provide your requirements & you will surely get a free quote

- nitation
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by SamMilla1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
lol, i didnt say only 'BANKS'.
I gave bank as an example, i also said something like insurance companies, mega construction coys and so on.
I said that just for us to get the clear picture of what i mean.
All in all, i meant a professional functional website where one can trade online.
You get it?

So no one is disqualified.

I still insist that i see previous work (s) from interested candidates.
I have seen one already from a member here and i am impressed
But i am not gonna chose from just one example.
Unless no other person comes up with his/her work.

Then i can turn to frontpage for help, cheesy
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by SamMilla1(m): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2009
Someone called my number with private ,
please if you are the person ,
try opening your number because i dont pick privates.
Or better send me a message, i will call you back.
Thanks
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by OmniPotens(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
Is there no available messaging channel? I've only what I will call flashing credit left on my cellphone undecided
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by yawatide(f): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2009
flashing credit? lol, good one. I will yab my people with it the next time I call home grin
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by OmniPotens(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2009
There is credit reserved for flashing and the one meant for calls shocked

Hope I got it right pals?
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by ilosiwaju: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2009
i have sent you an sms. respond please.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2009
@poster,

considering the fact that big organization sites are failing these days, i think u are using a wrong scale.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by segsalerty(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2009
i don miss oooooo !
well, i no kuku qualify for the job , i better sit my yatch down , undecided
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by bug24(m): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2009
@poster

stop causing tantraum in d house, just give the thing to someone, and make sure u let us know who the winner is.

as for me, i go just keep hands for my jaw dey watch una like film.
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by cvibe: 4:08am On Jun 28, 2009
@ poster,

Looking at Strabag website which you also used as a yardstick, you probably are still living in the past in terms of design.

http://www.strabag.com/databases/internet/_public/content.nsf/Navigation?OpenAgent&docid=79E200B4108F278FC125736A0046758E

But hey, who cares! If that's what you want that's what you get!
Re: Your Previous Website Will Give You This Contract by SamMilla1(m): 10:38am On Jun 28, 2009
this topic is closed. we have enough sample sites to chose from now.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Any One Give Me Tips On How To Upload My Website.please / How Much Can You Guys Make Money From Part Time Job Each Month? / How To Get Google Adsense For My Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.