Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? (583 Views)

What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die / Never Include Where You Work On Your Facebook Profile / How To Add Facebook Friends To Your Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by Entertain9jar(f): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
IF YOU think the number of friends you have on Facebook is an accurate representation of your real-life friendships – you are sorely mistaken, new research has revealed.

People with significantly more than 155 Facebook friends have a fewer dependable friends

Anthropologists from the University of Oxford have found that people only have the capacity to maintain friendships with around 150 people.
This figure was based on a study led evolutionary psychologist Professor Robin Dunbar which analysed the social relationships of more than 3,300 people.
Facebook users consider some 28 per cent of their online friends to be "true friends", the University of Oxford study found.
“This is because friendships ultimately require occasional face-to-face interaction if they are to be maintained over time,” the study argued.

Facebook users consider some 28 per cent of their online friends to be "true friends"

And people would turn to only four per cent of their Facebook friends in the event of an emergency.
Test subjects with significantly more than 155 Facebook friends typically had a smaller circle of dependable friends.
These findings were published in the journal Royal Society Open Science.

Red more >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2016/01/how-many-of-your-facebook-friends-could.html
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by SMARTKOSSY: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
All my 5000 frndz
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by Entertain9jar(f): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
All my 5000 frndz
Abeg drop ur number
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by SMARTKOSSY: 10:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Entertain9jar:
Abeg drop ur number
Haaa y u nid it bro?
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by Entertain9jar(f): 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
Haaa y u nid it bro?
Send me a message on +2348085281997, I will call you.
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by encryptjay(m): 12:51am On Jan 23, 2016
I guess they keep friends for the the likes.
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by mosjames: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2016
I do not sent a friend request or accept a friend of someone i don't know undecided
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by SMARTKOSSY: 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Entertain9jar:
Send me a message on +2348085281997, I will call you.
hmmm ok....done
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by mindtricks: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
All of them.
Re: How Many Of YOUR Facebook Friends Could YOU Rely On? by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
I have 1,053 friends and i can rely on NONE... Not that i don't know them personally.. At least i know more than 80% of them. But in life, we humans tend to get tired of people especially those we only get to talk over the phone... Therefore, I don't have friends i can rely on... I'm a friends people can rely on

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Quick Survey, Win N2,000 Credit / Good News For Whatsapp Users And Group Owners. / One Year Virtual Private Server And Virtual Credit Card For Paypal Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.