Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Panic In Customs Over Assets Declaration Deadline - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Panic In Customs Over Assets Declaration Deadline (403 Views)

AMCON Takes Over Assets Of Afrijet Airlines / AMCON Takes Over Assets Of Afrijet Airlines / Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo Assets Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Panic In Customs Over Assets Declaration Deadline by masterpiece86: 7:20am On Jan 23, 2016
Following a 14 day deadline given to them to declare their assets, what could be regarded as panic among customer officers in the nation has been reported.

Speaking to The Nation, an officer on the condition of anonymity said the mandate for custom officers to declare their asset is not a pleasant exercise.

According to him, declaring one asset is like revealing one salary to their loved ones and associates.

READ ALSO: Former Comptroller of the Nigeria Customs Service Is Dead

Another female officer said: “Who will happily disclose how much he has in his account to you? Who will happily declare the number of houses he owns in this country when the outcome is not for any reward but a punishment?

“Please, don’t ask me how I feel declaring my asset. It is like asking me how I feel when I am doing something forcefully.”

Asked whether their colleagues were complying with the directive, the female officer said: “We have no choice. We must comply to retain our jobs. But nobody will show you the details of his asset declaration form.”

Panic in customs over mandate Comptroller- General of the NCS, Retired Col. Hammed to officers to declare their assets

Wale Adeniyi, the Public Relations Officer of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) said that officers were already declaring their assets as directed by the Comptroller- General of the NCS, Retired Col. Hammed Alli last week.

READ ALSO: Buhari Orders Customs To Give Seized Rice Others To IDPs

Adeniyi however referred newsmen to the bureau for further information, saying: “The best place to find out is the Code of Conduct. They (officers) don’t fill the form and bring it back to Customs.  It is an individual action.

“There are those who filled it earlier in the year; there are those who fill it regularly.

“It is the Code of Conduct Bureau that can say the rate of compliance. The Code of Conduct Bureau office is all over the federation but the responsibility of filling the form rest with the officers. But left for me, I have collected the form, I have filled it and I have submitted. They (the officers) all have the obligation of and filling the forms.”

The Comptroller- General of the NCS, Retired Col. Hammed Alli had last week directed the officers to declare their assets within two weeks

A press release signed by the public relations officer, Wale Adeniyi, stated that all officers of the NCS are to make full disclosure of their assets in a new measure put in place to push transparency and compliance with the rule of law.

“The directive on Assets Declaration is contained in a Circular, signed by the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hammed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) and addressed to all Deputy Comptrollers-General, Zonal Coordinators and Customs Area Controllers. All Officers are to comply with the directive within 14 days,” the statement reads in part.

According to the statement, the directive on assets declaration is in compliance with the bank employees’ declaration of assets Act Cap B1 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004

https://www.naij.com/705961-panic-customs-assets-declaration-deadline.html
Re: Panic In Customs Over Assets Declaration Deadline by MoonChildng: 7:22am On Jan 23, 2016
PMB nah our man ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make Una Help Me Call FRSC To Order before I go Vex oooO / Work And Earn Money Online $$$ / Nairaland.com Front Page Updates Taking Too Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.