Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview (39166 Views)

Shell Job V`acancy / Shell Job Career Opportunities / Shell Job Vac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by flipoly: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2009
I applied to Shell for their Finance and Accounting job last month.
I got a mail from them yesterday asking inviting me for interview.

Dear Bleep,

Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with Shell. Further to your application, we are pleased to invite you to attend an interview.

Your interview will take place at one of our office locations:

·    Corporate Recruitment Centre, Gate 3, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani Port Harcourt; or
·    Shell Petroleum Development Company, Freeman House, 21/22 Marina, Lagos.

Please book an available interview venue & time slot by accessing our interview timetable at  http://siva-gs.jobstreet.com/_general/redir.asp?enc=2&linkid=406938000376749205517194035402%7c1021075. Logon using the ID and Password created at registration stage. Then select a suitable time and date from the options available. As interview slots can fill quickly, we advise you to make your selection as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note, if you cannot access the above link, copy and paste the full URL into your Internet browser.

Should you have any questions about your interview or booking yourself into an interview timeslot, you may find these have been covered in our frequently asked questions, please visit www.shell.com/careers/graduates/ivfaqs. If you experience any problems with booking your interview please contact myself as soon as possible.

Interviews are on a one-to-one basis and will last 45 minutes. There will be a five-minute career discussion at the beginning of the interview where you will have the opportunity to state your career preferences, and let us know how flexible you are able to be about work location, etc.

We will be looking for candidates to demonstrate Shell’s three core values - Honesty, Integrity and Respect. Throughout our recruitment process, we assess you against CAR (Capacity, Achievements and Relationship). You will be asked for evidence of your Achievement and Relationship skills to date, as well as being given the opportunity to analyse an issue that is current to global companies (Capacity).

As part of our commitment to a common business language within Shell, your interview will be conducted in English. Visit our website at www.shell.com/careers prior to your interview for useful advice and information on our recruitment process.

On arrival please report to the main reception, where someone will meet you and direct you to the interview room.

Any reasonable budget/standard travel expenses incurred will be refunded to you on production of receipts, but please note that we are only able to refund taxi fares in exceptional circumstances.

If travelling is inconvenient, a telephone interview can be arranged. A telephone interview will not disadvantage you in any way, and is more flexible in relation to dates and times.

Due to the amount of applications we receive, if you cancel your interview twice without extenuating reasons, or fail to attend your scheduled interview without notifying your relevant Shell Contact or without an extenuating reason, we will withdraw your application.

If you no longer wish to proceed with our recruitment process, please decline the interview so that we can close your file. If we do not receive a response from you within 30 days of the date of your original notification of an interview, we must assume that you wish to withdraw from our application process. 

Thank you once again for your interest in the Shell Group, and we look forward to meeting you soon.

Kind regards
Shell Recruitment

The interview date options are Friday 26 June, Monday 29 and Tuesday 30, with various time options(8am,9am, etc)
I chose Monday 29th and of course, Lagos centre.

Who else has gotten invitation for this interview?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by flipoly: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2009
Moderator,
Pls delete one. Meant to be a single thread but server problem.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Jarus(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2009
Congrats. Give it your best shot.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by flipoly: 8:40am On Jun 26, 2009
24 hours, no reply. What is happening? Am I the only one invited for this interview? I have not seen any other person invited for this interview!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by MrCrackles(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2009
Topic
OK!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by kshow1(m): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2009
flipoly:

24 hours, no reply. What is happening? Am I the only one invited for this interview? I have not seen any other person invited for this interview!

relax probably the rest are not NL members.
you are about landing yourself a dream job.
all the best lol
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Nezan(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2009
flipoly:

Is it compulsory?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by kayc33(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2009
all d best wink
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by flipoly: 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2009
Nezan:

Is it compulsory?
I actually expected to see several Nairalanders invited too, so that we can rub minds and exchange ideas before facing the interview, just as the Mobil people are discussing.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by amaks: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2009
it may not be a general recruitment but 1 that came just as the need arose. probably 4 a single position/post. or just as kshow1 said, the rest may not be nland members. just b relaxed , refreshen up, n compose urself. all d best.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by biola44: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2009
wink
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by golddden: 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2009
ok
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Redfox(m): 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2009
I advise you focus on what you are expected to do come the event day besides if you need to interact u could visit www. and drop your post there.i wish you the best of luck
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2009
I had mine too this week in freeman house, Lagos.

God will make a way brov!

All the best grin
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by bakre(m): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2009
@flipoly
Congrats,there is nothing knotty about SPDC interview.All u need to do is to be urself,make use of ur conceptual and relationship skill.Understand what is affecting the global world because u will be asked to select one case study and analsye it.eg,Technology,energy,marketing and one other topic which i can't remember for now.If u pass the first stage,the next and final one is the Shell Recruitement day(SRD).Best of luck.

NB.thousand of people are called,so dont think u r the only one.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by hadji127(m): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
Hi,

It is true that companies do Invites people for different department, But, Bros be very carefully cos, i just scape through one Unless Dr. Isiah Adoda.

He said is a Dr, that one NLNG (Nigerian Liquidified Natural Gas) just Invited me that i should come and am going to pay a sum of 15k and later is calling me again for 20k for a job like NLNG, can you just imagined that from a so-called Doctor.

I beg dont fall MUGU!

Meanwhile, he directed me to the company, to send my credentials to one Engr. Dan Baba Mohammed., so, its very important that you are careful.

Take care.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by enurayce: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2009
god is good
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by adetbaba: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2009
I was also invited for the Interview and it wasa 45 min telephone interview. It was quite detailed and standard. Now waiting for the outcome (10 working days) Fingers crossed
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by teekays: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2009
I was interviewed last week also, all u need to have is confidence. I think the real thing is the SRD. I was suprised that they just got n touch with u on Wed.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tayoast(m): 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2009
Mazel Tov. part 1.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2009
@adetbaba Wot did u apply for? why telephone interview. wer informed first and r u based outside the country. Hope u dont mind my asking so many qtns?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by toloruni: 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2009
The SRD session which is final stage, pls can anybody tell us what it looks like.Thank you
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Nezan(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2009
This is good
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by sley4life(m): 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
contact them for more verification
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Biliamin(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2009
So, how did it go?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by adetbaba: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2009
Trbrown:

@adetbaba Wot did u apply for? why telephone interview. wer informed first and r u based outside the country. Hope u dont mind my asking so many qtns?

@Trbrown: Not at all. I applied for Graduate role in IT. I guess they chose the telephone interview instead cos I am in Abuja and it'll be cheaper for them than to pay for my flight. They did same for another friend of mine here.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by drokiri(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
pls are the interviews for the lattest advert?

i applied under the finance category , and i ve not gotten a response from them.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by teekays: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
Has anyone heard from Shell?10 working days have passed after the interview and I have not heard from them. Although my application status shows that I have been shorlisted.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2009
@ Teekays, pls how did you check your application status
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by cizaleo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ flipoly,

hi,
please kindly intimate me on how the interview went, i just got mine yesterday and i'm still trying to recover from the shock.

please treat as urgent as i ought to be there on Thursday.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by hussyhassy: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2009
naira landers can som 1 pls help me with info concerning my application i applied two months ago that is may 2009,since then i havnt heard any thing frm them pls house do i have a partner with same probs or does tht mean dt d silence means am nt good 2 go help abeg shocked
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by MrCrackles(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2009
Topic/Poster
Ok.Enjoy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / Guinness Nigeria Global Graduate Program 2016 - Finance / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.