Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

The Incarnation (tale Of A Dead Mother's Return). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Incarnation (tale Of A Dead Mother's Return). (901 Views)

A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / RE-INCARNATION [gods in MEN] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Incarnation (tale Of A Dead Mother's Return). by RemenZack(f): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

The white walls and too much of Antiseptic smell filled the whole hallway. Buzzing and disturbing beeps of EKG machines reverberated everywhere. Someone was definitely grasping for air to live, I knew it.

I ought to be nauseous and giddy but I wasn't. I had ambivalent feelings of what my Granddaughter would look like after the severe incident. I wondered if she would still have my hair colour or my eyes. I knew she would be beautiful and I was exuberant and pumped to see her once again.

It was that very sunny day as mourning and black clothing filled the whole Cathedral.

It was the memorial of Beatrice. She lived only a few years of 48. She passed away shortly after a mild malady, that stuck her suddenly, making her bones before she breathed her last.

Her only Daughter held hands with her only Granddaughter. They cried and wiped their eyes in a theatrical manner with a small cotton soft cloth. Ma Susan walked up to them and held her Great Granddaughter tight to her shrivelled skin.

After the Memorial, Alicia played with Butterflies in the Garden at Ma Susan's house. Alicia was only 7 and she knew little or nothing about crying about a lost loved one. Her Mother, Cindy told her little details about the one that had just passed away.

They lived far away in the big City and Cindy broke down in hot tears when she told Alicia that someone close and dear to the Family had died. Alicia wanted to know who was gone from the Family tree but Cindy would say the person wasn't so special or important.

When Alicia was done playing around, she was sweating and almost growing exhausted. That was when her Grandmother figure, Ma Susan fixed her some Lunch. Lunch was hot and really tasty. Alicia ate a lot of it before retiring to her bedroom to sleep for hours.

Ma Susan and Cindy had a brief discussion as they drank tasty raspberry juice, the juicy raspberries Cindy loved picking out as a Child made the juice much more tasty to her taste buds.

"I feel Alicia isn't so inquisitive about who was laid to the ground earlier. She only asked me a few questions and that was it! She isn't so nosey for a Child of her age." Ma Susan commented, gawking at Cindy drink the juice in admiration and pleasure.

"Yes! I'm glad she stopped asking such questions. She doesn't deserve to know how unworthy her real Grandmother is. My Mother had a really bad and nasty personality and I'm so glad she's out of the picture forever!" Cindy stated, with a stern look on her face. It had to be a sunny day but it started raining soon.

The EKG beeped on and on as Cindy cried in little portions while Ma Susan grabbed her young and almost dying Great Granddaughter's hands in fear and little hope.

Alicia was involved in a Car crash, after being a notorious Car racer in the City's narrow streets late at night. She was injured seriously and she was fighting for her life.

She was now 18 years old. Her hair still golden as the sun and her lips pale but still alive regardless.

"I hope she wakes up soon. My daughter deserves to live!" Cindy managed to say, her nose leaking with snot juice in the most disturbing manner. Ma Susan grabbed her hands and said a little prayer.

That was when I found the next available body to live in. It had to be my own Granddaughter's. The one that never got to know or see me. I was ready to be a part of her and live the life I was suppose to live but in her body.

If Alicia loved illegal Car races, I was ready to prove she could make it to College, get a great and luxurious job after and also make a wonderful Family at the end of it all. I was ready to prove to my own Daughter that I wasn't so unworthy like she claimed I was.

I was ready to live another Life, even that one that wasn't meant to be mine.

(1) (Reply)

. / ''hello" / The Promise and other short stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.