Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister (46007 Views)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2016

Some top officials of the Civil Service have been dismissed by the Federal Government for extorting money from 400 applicants and offering them employment illegally. The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, made the disclosure on Saturday in Lagos during a meeting with some selected On-Air-Personalities.

The meeting was part of the minister`s five-day consultations with critical stakeholders in the media industry. Mohammed said that the affected officers were on Grade Level 17 in one of the parastatals in the ministry.

He said that the officers had included the names of the applicants in the Integrated Payroll and Personnel System (IPPIS) before the fraud was discovered.
``The first scandal I met in one of the parastatals when I assumed office was the illegal employment of 400 people.``This scandal started with very senior officers up to level 17 in that department.

``They sent out letters and text messages asking people to apply for jobs for a fee of N400, 000 and they were given letters of employment.``They did not stop there. They invited these people to go and be captured on the IPPIS and they even took cameras to hotels to get them captured. At the end of the day the bubble burst.

``One of the victims told these officials, you cannot take my money and still disengage me. I have a valid letter.’’

``That is how we got to know that there is a dedicated account these people pay to. ``Of course, we dismissed these officials and we even handed them over to the Police`` the minster said.

Mohammed said that the incident showed how faulty the IPPIS was and how it had been compromised by unscrupulous elements. He said that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was doing all it could to make the IPPIS tamper-proof and guide it from people who might want to load ghost workers on it.He described On-Air Personalities as ``very important’’ in the media industry and urged them to leverage on their platforms to educate the people on government`s policies.

The minister said the current war against corruption was a war of survival for the nation and urged all Nigerians to give it the necessary support.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/fg-sacks-top-civil-servants-over-employment-racketeering-minister/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Realist5: 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Not credible enuff. #400 on the dot... I smell lies.

FTC DEDICATED TO THOSE THAT HAVE QUOTED ME WRONGLY...I APPRECIATE U AND UR analogue WAYS OF REASONING. God Bless u.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Kyase(m): 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good,
Sack anybody corrupt,
Baba I love you but I love your daughter pass.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
Amazing decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by PRYCE(m): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ok now!

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
Can any good thing come from LIAR Moh'd?
NO!

400 staff......
400,000 Each.......
Only one paralstatal?

APCLyingBastard indeed......

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by DIKEnaWAR: 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
No one knows when Lai is telling the truth or lying again.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by kayroy5(m): 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
Change your attitudes, change has come to stay

4 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by BCISLTD: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
Correct ...na sacking period be this

See!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2766054/cheap-toks-golf-4...550k
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by goodlifehyd(m): 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Chinazaekperem5: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
Sanity gradually returning to the Nation.

If not for man's wicked heart, why will you scam jobless people while you have a salaried job yourself. Some people are just damn wicked.

I'm shocked that- Abba Moro the Minister that swindled thousands of Nigerian Youths and whose actions led to the death of innocent job-seekers is not facing charges under this administration

Buhari has a lot of work to do in this country. We need total institutional reform

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
NO!

400 staff......
400,000 Each.......
Only one paralstatal?

This is Nigeria....anything can happen

The game has been played since independence. The Civil Service needs cleaning up.

11 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
It seems this current Govt only knows how to create unemployment instead of ascertaining economic blueprints that will provide employments.

they solely engage in operations that are easy to do.
- Blaming
- Sacking
- Crying
- Touring
- Disseminating sundry propagandas to exorable Nigerians
- Fabricating infinite deceitful promises
- Denying those promising
- Etc.

this govt needs an exigent extrication from mephistophelean syllogism

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by SPG4U(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
[size=16pt]#160,000,000!!!! [/size]

meanwhile guys see this threaad on nairaland on the new way to cure stroke, obesity, burn fat, and obesity

https://www.nairaland.com/2844443/know-anybody-down-stroke
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by qualityovenbake(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
The names of the top officials of the civil service should be published. Those that are involve in corruption needs to be publicly disgrace and apprehended immediately.

7 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by akilo1: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
New sheriff in town.u do anyhow u get anyhow.

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by erico2k2(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
So these officials nor get name?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by thefakestan: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Well call their names,
You want to discredit IPPIS?

ThefakeStan

4 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by vedaxcool(m): 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Wailing zombies aka wailers will still defend such senior officers because they are dedicated to promoting corruption. It is their calling.

I think Lai Mohammed made the right call and by prosecuting them will deter other criminally minded civil servants from acting in such a manner.

11 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
blueto:
It seems this current Govt only knows how to create unemployment instead of ascertaining economic blueprints that will provide employments.

they solely engage in operations that are easy to do.
- Blaming
- Sacking
- Crying
- Touring
- Disseminating sundry propagandas to exorable Nigerians
- Fabricating infinite deceitful promises
- Denying those promising
- Etc.

Is this the govt of an exigent extrication from mephistophelean syllogism

I have a question for you.....and I want your answer?

What would you have done differently if you were in charge of Nigeria?

How would you have created jobs in a monoeconomy like Nigeria....when the price of your chief commodity oilis dropping...making it difficult to create jobs, and making it difficult forother sectors of the economy.

Me....I even want Buhari to remove subsides, and sack excess workers.....and spend more on power and transport....so that within two years we can have new jobs due to increased productivity. That is my solution.....what is yours?

Yes...the last admin created jobs. They also had the benefit of high oil prices which meant they had the revenue to create jobs.Once the oil prices fell....the financial basis for jobs also fell. If GEJ was in charge now....would you be saying what you just said?

Better face it.Nigeria is a poor naiton, austerity is our only solution(and yes....APC better face that fact), and the era of free money is over. Time we got to work. White collar mentality is why we are here today.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Etizz: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good......

I like dis one.....

They should be sack....

Their own too much, na everything dem take dey find money......

Making the ones who deserve a job lose it all in the name of upper hand....

But since it's coming out of lai, I don't know how true it is....
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by UnknownT: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hard to believe considering the history of the person making the statement. We will need to see the names or pictures of the civil servants involved before we can 'start' to believe Alh. Lai on this news

2 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by looseweight: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Bringing sanctity to the federal civil service

God bless you Mr BuariBuari.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

3 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Slimbideb: 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Are they Mad? 400k
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Rajmeista(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mr Lie Lai
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by Chinazaekperem5: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
NO!

400 staff......
400,000 Each.......
Only one paralstatal?

Criticism is good but you have to back it up with facts and or figures

If you dont have any alternative version of a particular claim, it is illiterate to dispute it on the basis of a hunch.

Do you have any evidence that Lai Mohammed is lying?

10 Likes

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by one9jeria: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
learn how to make paint here with your small savings. http://freecashmanuals..com.ng/2012/07/a-complete-guide-to-production-of-paint.html[size=18pt][/size]
Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by anonimi: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
When will Amaechi be sacked for stealing Rivers' people's money to bankroll Buhari nomination over Atiku and his campaign
We are not FOOLISH zombies oh ejoor!

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by naijapips02: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Sombari Scream Sai Baba! cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister by ddippset(m): 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Whenever this government does anything good, some Nigerians are sad about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff / Where Can An Industrial Chemistry Graduate Work? / Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.