Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,379 members, 7,864,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Fragrances - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fragrances (554 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fragrances by Subllyme: 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
He kisses me on the forehead. His lips partly stick to my forehead as he struggles to pull it away. His hands are wrapped gently around my waist. He stares at me passionately. I see images in his eyes, but they don’t resemble mine. I’m supposed to see a reflection of me as is the only thing before him. I motion to ask him why I can’t see myself. Are his eyes opaque? But he almost cuts in immediately

“Good night” he says.

I look down at his feet, trying to recover from the kiss he just gave me on my forehead. I fiddle with my nails, which I fixed two days before, looking down simultaneously. I think of what to say but nothing readily comes to mind. I’m not shocked he kissed me. Am not angry either, but just mixed feelings I can’t really explain. Seems like rain and sun shining and falling all at the same time. Those rare days when the rain drizzles in the midst of a scorching afternoon sun. Looking down, all I could say is “thank you”
“Anytime” he says, As if he was waiting for me to say that. He has been giving me very suitable answers these days. I begin to think that he has studied me so well he knows what am always about to say.

He lets go and climbs the small flight of says down, out of the hostel. He walks backward. I think he wants to see me till am out of sight or maybe wants to watch me carefully till I climb up. How caring, I think. He stumbles on the stones behind him. I laugh but quickly cover my mouth. He sees am laughing but he smiles back. For some reasons I don’t know, I expected him to be angry. But he only smiles back. The inverted commas formed by the muscles of his mouth are the only things I want to see now. And also his dimples. They make his smile look genuine, or so I’ve come to make myself think.
He’s out of sight and I smile, rubbing the spot his lips touched. I feel fulfilled like someone just tickled me. I climb to my room, feeling like am in a trance.

He was my classmate but he’s no longer now. He failed one of the professional exams and repeated a class. My mates say am too close to him and that it seems we are dating. I pay no attention to them. Although we not officially dating, I feel somehow we are. He has not said anything yet. We just hang around with friends and he offers to walk me to my hostel most of the time. The other days he doesn’t do that, I feel somehow lonely. I don’t know whether it’s my heart tricking me or it’s actually what I feel. Lately I don’t know what I feel again or perhaps I don’t know how to interpret what I feel any longer.
Time has passed and we have only grown bonded. Stuck like glue, the type called super glue, which if stuck to your hands, will require more than scrapings to clean off.

I admire him. But not like that, at least not like that, like that. But I always feel that am no longer his classmate, as such we should not be seen so much together. The idea of being his senior has stuck so much into my head that it’s so hard to get it off. I feel tied up when he walks me to my hostel. Like what happened today. He asked most of the questions while I made sure my work were to give answers; yes or no answers for that matter. I feel he’s not happy with the way am responding but his smiles to my answers says otherwise. I think he’s just covering up with the smiles so it won’t have to seem as if am a bore. He grins occasionally. Then he laughed aloud. He asked what my favourite food was. I say its bread and beverage. He laughs so much I feel embarrassed that I told him. I should have lied, I scolded myself. He sees that I frown and he apologizes. He holds my hand and squeezes it a bit. I smile forcefully, my anger yet to die out.

“Am sorry now” he pleaded.
“Did my laughter upset you?” he asks, pressing my hand harder. I grimace at the pain and he gently rubs my hand with his.
“No“. That’s a lie, I told myself. I know he knows am lying but he just says he’s sorry again.
“Please don’t laugh at me again please. It makes me feel embarrassed.”
He says he won’t
As he turns back to leave, I remember his smile and call his name aloud: Ifeanyi!
Re: Fragrances by kayemdy: 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Following

Nice start

More updates pls

(1) (Reply)

The Quest For The Gem Of Arubia: Fantastic! / The Kidnappers / Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.