Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Is It Truly A Great Sin? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Truly A Great Sin? (465 Views)

Is It a Sin To Place Holy Book In A Hotel Room? / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? / Is It Truly Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Truly A Great Sin? by DeathStroke007(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
To prostrate or bow to greet another person? av been hearing people saying it.. please who has knowledge on this matter o
Re: Is It Truly A Great Sin? by Empiree: 2:23am On Jan 24, 2016
^ You mean to elderly? That debate is being going on lately.

Sura 18:50

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange.

And

Sura 2:34

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

Did Allah order Angels to prostrate to Adam in form of worship? Nauzubillah!. It was rather a form of respect. Absolutely nothing wrong for children to bow to their father. Nothing wrong for young ones to bow or prostrate to elders. It is a form of RESPECT not WORSHIP.

Prostration highlighted here is not to bow our head on the ground. You know how we bow to elders in Yorubaland. Our foreheads dont touch the ground. We simply bow as a form of respect. It is a wrong methodology in this day and age (when respect is lost worldwide) to tell children not to bow to their parents.
Re: Is It Truly A Great Sin? by DeathStroke007(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
Exactly.. . That's what I told my sunni brothers but they disagree... They give an example of greeting or prostrating to the King... Am really confused o.. Thanks bro.. Gimme your number please empiree
Re: Is It Truly A Great Sin? by Empiree: 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Exactly.. . That's what I told my sunni brothers but they disagree... They give an example of greeting or prostrating to the King... Am really confused o.. Thanks bro.. Gimme your number please empiree
They dont understand. Worship is bowing head on the ground. Prostrating is a form of respect. I do not live in your time zone. So my number may be meaningless to you.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Shouldn't Keep Shut / Mssnaou Ife; Why Always You?! / Fundamental Questions To Muslim Sceptics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.