Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,733 members, 7,813,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

How To Get A Lecturing Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Get A Lecturing Job (1011 Views)

Phd From Abroad, Trying To Get Lecturing Job In Nigeria / Pls Advice ,just Got An Invitation For A Lecturing Job ! / He was offered a lecturing job, but this happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Lecturing Job by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello nairalanders. I'm a graduate of physics. I got my B.Sc degree in 2014 and I'm almost done with the compulsory one year NYSC program. I have always looked forward to being a lecturer, because I have a great flair for the lecturing job. I plan to go for my M.Sc program immediately after my service year, but it's like I don't really know how to go about securing a lecturing job. Is it advisable for me to get my M.Sc degree before applying for a job, or I can start one (maybe as an assistant lecturer) while I run the program? I will also like to know how I can go about applying for a lecturing job in tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Your suggestions and orientation are highly needed please. Thanks.
Re: How To Get A Lecturing Job by cola: 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
What grade did you graduate with? If your degree class is high - 4.0 and above you could apply to some schools esp yours to be recruited as graduate assistant. Otherwise finish up with your m.sc and get the doctorate going and apply as assistant lecturer to your select schools.

Best of luck.
Re: How To Get A Lecturing Job by Olarajee(m): 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
The truth? Look for opportunities to go bag your postgraduate degrees, M.Sc and Ph.D. They will be waiting for you in open arms when you're done.
Re: How To Get A Lecturing Job by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 24, 2016
cola:
What grade did you graduate with? If your degree class is high - 4.0 and above you could apply to some schools esp yours to be recruited as graduate assistant. Otherwise finish up with your m.sc and get the doctorate going and apply as assistant lecturer to your select schools.

Best of luck.
Thanks for your contribution sir. I graduated with a second-class upper degree (CGPA- 3.98).
Re: How To Get A Lecturing Job by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2016
Olarajee:
The truth? Look for opportunities to go bag your postgraduate degrees, M.Sc and Ph.D. They will be waiting for you in open arms when you're done.
Alright sir. Thanks sir. Noted!!!

(1) (Reply)

Almost 30 But Need A Banking Job / Vigilante Group Of Nigeria Ibadan Residents Only / Contact For Your Structural Design + Detailing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.