Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin (1485 Views)

2 Arrested For Selling Expired Biscuits In Lagos / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Aig’s Driver Arrested For Armed Robbery (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin by JJYOU: 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2009
[size=18pt]2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin[/size]
By MIKE OSAROGIAGBON

BENIN CITY- In Benin two persons who claimed to be university students have been nabbed for armed robbery in Benin City.

The duo, Anthony Edeth, 26, and Chidi Mogbolo, 25 said to be members of separate gangs of armed robbers believed to have been unleashing terror on residents of Ugbowo and Evbuotubu Areas of Benin City. The NIGERIAN OBSERVER gathered met his waterloo last Monday night during their operations.

While confessing to the crime, Anthony Edeth, son of a serving Airforce chief in Lagos who may not survive the bullet wound sustained during his arrest told The NIGERIAN OBSERVER that about 1am last Monday he with four others now at large, broke into a residence in Ogbowo Area adding that as their robbery operation was on-going some residents of the area swooped on them and arrested him.

The other suspect, Chidi Mogbolo who a locally made pistol was re covered from disclosed that the gun was giving to him by a graduating student for protection as a secret cult member,

While admitting to had fired a shot in the air that evening Chidi however denied involvement in a robbery incident in the triggered his arrest as a prime suspect.

Commending the residents for their spirit of community policing, the police spokesmen in the state ASP Peter Ogboi urged members of the public to join-forces with the police in crime prevention and control.
http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/24062009/news/othernews1.html
Re: 2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin by Tudor6(f): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2009
Hope those bastards get a fair trail. . .
Re: 2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin by profrance: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2009
pls my fellow youth, lets say no to crime and drugs let's work to make a living.
IF YOU NEED A MECHANIC FOR YOUR HONDA CARS CONTACT ME, THAT IS MY AREA OF SPECIALIZATION,ANY HONDA MODEL ,RANGING FROM THE LATEST AND TO THE OLDEST MODEL,I CAN DO IT IN YOUR OFFICE OR YOUR HOUSE,IF YOU ARE UNCONFORTABLE OF BRINGING IT TO MY WORKSHOP,TRY ME TODAY AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY THAT YOU DID.EMAIL:PHILIPFRANCIS73@YAHOO.COM OR CALL 08059759706,08030632948.
MY OFFICE IS AT WILLIOUBY,NEAR MAINLAND HOTEL OYINGBO.GOOD LUCK(NEE BELLO)
Re: 2 Arrested For Armed Robbery In Benin by GEW: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2009
Tudór:

Hope those bastards get a fair trail. . .
what the kind sir say is a fair trial for robbers?

(1) (Reply)

A 10-years-old girl violated Victim Crawls Out Of Grave In N.cotabato / Uniport Students Killed; Nigeria Student React / Father allegedly kills daughter for converting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.