Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why I Hate Winter. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Hate Winter. (3121 Views)

This Is Why I Think Ikogosi Warm & Cold Spring Is Over-hyped? (Pictures) / 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City / Winter/Summer: Most Beautiful Towns, Villages, And Landscapes In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Hate Winter. by RichYoungNigger(m): 2:23am On Jan 24, 2016
Your car gets covered in snow and if you succeed in digging up your car, you get stuck in the road.

Activities and lives are fuccked up during this season.

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by RichYoungNigger(m): 2:26am On Jan 24, 2016

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Originalsly: 2:45am On Jan 24, 2016
Wow!....that is some deep snow. Aren't they going to clear the streets and make them driveable?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by RichYoungNigger(m): 3:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Originalsly:
Wow!....that is some deep snow. Aren't they going to clear the streets and make them driveable?

The roads have been cleared for more than 200 times

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 3:22am On Jan 24, 2016
Wow. I can imagine.

Are you sure they clear the roads often?

I'm actually enjoying the winter for now though.

Where's that?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Originalsly: 3:24am On Jan 24, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

The roads have been cleared for more than 200 times
Wow!.... where on earth is all this snow falling? NJ?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by signature2012(m): 3:32am On Jan 24, 2016
Snow everywhere.

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by signature2012(m): 3:33am On Jan 24, 2016
Originalsly:

It should be new york.
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Originalsly: 3:40am On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmm...could be...look like NY plate on the SUV....but you showing inches of snow...he showing feet!..he buried in snow!
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by RichYoungNigger(m): 4:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Originalsly:

New York
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Explorers(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
VickyRotex:
Wow. I can imagine.

Are you sure they clear the roads often?

I'm actually enjoying the winter for now though.

Where's that?

If the fall is heavy, no matter how much they clear it. Just like when its raining and you're trying to dry up the street. Where re u?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Explorers:

If the fall is heavy, no matter how much they clear it. Just like when its raining and you're trying to dry up the street. Where re u?

Lol. Sile, but it's not like that here. We've had heavy snow fall recently too, but they clear the roads like every 3 to 7 minutes for vehicles to move. And they pour granites/ salts on the road so it melts quickly and becomes watery, to prevent slippery movements.

But ofcourse I'm not disputing the fact that, there are also some places here that are messed up, especially places people don't walk through regularly.

I'm in ******
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by otokx(m): 3:29am On Jan 25, 2016
There are people who travelled just to see snow but did not.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by peacengine(m): 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
Looks nice, but i hate cold weather
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Miami11: 2:51am On Jan 26, 2016
Poster am with you, I hate winter, makes one miss Africa

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by RichYoungNigger(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
VickyRotex:

Lol. Sile, but it's not like that here. We've had heavy snow fall recently too, but they clear the roads like every 3 to 7 minutes for vehicles to move. And they pour granites/ salts on the road so it melts quickly and becomes watery, to prevent slippery movements.

But ofcourse I'm not disputing the fact that, there are also some places here that are messed up, especially places people don't walk through regularly.

I'm in ******

Nobody comes out when it snows, schools are canceled for 6 days, No buses or train will move, hospitals are closed, Malls closed, The streets are cleared every hour, you can't clear a drive way or an alley.

In what country do you live ??
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Nobody comes out when it snows, schools are canceled for 6 days, No buses or train will move, hospitals are closed, Malls closed, The streets are cleared every hour, you can't clear a drive way or an alley.

In what country do you live ??

Hhaahhaha. Really? Well, my friends in the US told me about the school and movement cancellation thing and I laughed. I guess that's because youre in the US.

Here in Canada, when it snows, people still move about, schools are not cancelled. If you dont go for your lectures youre on your own.

The drive way is always cleared with a tractor or something, I dont know the name.

I stay close to the metro, and I have a clear view of the roadside, so I know what I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by RichYoungNigger(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
VickyRotex:

Hhaahhaha. Really? Well, my friends in the US told me about the school and movement cancellation thing and I laughed. I guess that's because youre in the US.

In Canada here, when it snows, people still move about, schools are not cancelled. If you dont go for your lectures youre on your own.

The drive way is always cleared with a tractor or something, I dont know the name.

I stay close to the metro, and I have a clear view of the roadside, so I know what I'm saying.

Hmmm
So, schools are not canceled in the 2nd country with the highest snow rate.
I can't live in Canada
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Hmmm
So, schools are not canceled in the 2nd country with the highest snow rate.
I can't live in Canada

lol.
Yea, I dont think it's a major rule by the government to close down schools here like in the US, I think it now depends on individual "elementary" schools to decide whenever there's a snow storm or icy rain.

Cos if they have to close down schools, mall, hospitals every time it snows, then it means closing down the whole place almost during the whole of winter. Which implies that People wont have jobs, people will die and all.

However, I wouldnt know if there are other provinces in Canada that goes along with the US rule.
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Explorers(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
VickyRotex:

lol.
Yea, I dont think it's a major rule by the government to close down schools here like in the US, I think it now depends on individual "elementary" schools to decide whenever there's a snow storm or icy rain.

Cos if they have to close down schools, mall, hospitals every time it snows, then it means closing down the whole place almost during the whole of winter. Which implies that People wont have jobs, people will die and all.

However, I wouldnt know if there are other provinces in Canada that goes along with the US rule.

This is chicago snowcalypse 2011, Chicago was hit by a massive blizzard, the third biggest in the city's recorded history. They'd been forecasting it and issuing blizzard warnings for days before, but still took everyone a little by surprise. Drive became completely impassable, over 500 cars were stranded and people ended up trapped in their cars all night. Blizzard like this can make any country close down.

1 Share

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Originalsly: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
@VR..it's not a US rule to shut down schools etc when it snows. Depending on the severity of the storm... as just posted in above pix... the local governments make the call. Calls to keep people off the streets like a curfew...are rare...like rare very severe storms...and it is to prevent the idiots from braving the storms only to abandon their vehicles or be shouting for others to come rescue them!
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Explorers:

This is chicago snowcalypse 2011, Chicago was hit by a massive blizzard, the third biggest in the city's recorded history. They'd been forecasting it and issuing blizzard warnings for days before, but still took everyone a little by surprise. Drive became completely impassable, over 500 cars were stranded and people ended up trapped in their cars all night. Blizzard like this can make any country close down.

Yea I get you Sile.

But the Op is saying they shut down schools, hospitals, malls and all "everytime" it snows.

It doesnt snow heavily all the time.

These pictures are rare cases and happens once in a while, and it warrants effective measures, but if it has to be everytime it snows, then it means there'd be no activities during winter.

Hope you get my point?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
Originalsly:
@VR..it's not a US rule to shut down schools etc when it snows. Depending on the severity of the storm... as just posted in above pix... the local governments make the call. Calls to keep people off the streets like a curfew...are rare...like rare very severe storms...and it is to prevent the idiots from braving the storms only to abandon their vehicles or be shouting for others to come rescue them!

lmaoo!

Exactly my point. Depending on the severity of the snow right? But the Op is saying anytime it snows (even when it's not a snow storm), schools are shutdown, and closed down for 6 days. Huh!!! That's why It's surprising to me.
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by AKO1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Thank God we don't have snow in Nigeria.

We can't even figure out how to get rid of refuse properly.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 02, 2016
VickyRotex:

Here in Canada, when it snows, people still move about, schools are not cancelled. If you dont go for your lectures youre on your own.

What part of Canada are you in?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 4:44am On Feb 02, 2016
DrLikita:

What part of Canada are you in?

Montreal. And you?
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 02, 2016
VickyRotex:

Montreal. And you?

Edmonton, AB
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by VickyRotex(f): 9:31am On Feb 02, 2016
DrLikita:

Edmonton, AB

Cool smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Explorers(m): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
VickyRotex:

Yea I get you Sile.

But the Op is saying they shut down schools, hospitals, malls and all "everytime" it snows.

It doesnt snow heavily all the time.

These pictures are rare cases and happens once in a while, and it warrants effective measures, but if it has to be everytime it snows, then it means there'd be no activities during winter.

Hope you get my point?

yea.
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Great
Re: Why I Hate Winter. by bayocanny: 10:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
Let the winter pictures keep tropping in.....I'm loving it though grin

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Differences, Duties, Responsibilities Of Pilots And Co-pilots / 4 Reasons To Drink Palm Wine From Igboland / Akwa Ibom International Airport To Take On Any African Airport Once Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.