Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder (3613 Views)

Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. / Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by neolboy(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
Man faces heavy criticism after sharing photos of lady who slept off on his shoulder while in a bus
Young man trigger mixed reactions after sharing photos of a lady who dozzed off on his shoulder while in a public transport.

Series of pictures shared by a Twitter user identified as @Orezi__ get users of the microblogging platform talking about breach of consent.

“I don’t know this lady and she’s comfortably resting on my shoulder � she looks stressed � rest your head baby girl ��,” he wrote while sharing the photos.
The users intentions were, however, questioned by other users of the platform who had a thing or the other to say about the photos revealing the face of the young lady.
“If I sleep on your shoulder and you take a picture of me and post on social media without my permission, I’m suing for defamation of character,” a concerned user wrote.

Source: https://btlsblog.com/2022/02/man-faces-heavy-criticism-after-sharing-photos-of-lady-who-slept-off-on-his-shoulder-while-in-a-bus.html/

2 Shares

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by neolboy(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
See more reactions

1 Share

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by neolboy(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
More reactions from Twitter users

1 Share

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by SportsHD: 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
In the eyes of the law, the picture was taken without her consent. She could sue and win.

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by DoggoneDogg: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2022
See that illiterate saying defamation of character. grin

If it was the other way round, will these dirty leeches protest??

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by DoggoneDogg: 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
[s]
SportsHD:
In the eyes of the law, the picture was taken without her consent. She could sue and win.
[/s]

Then I can sue any TV station or movie director that shoots my face into their documentary/movie while I'm strolling down the road abi.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
Seriously, he shouldn't have posted the picture on SM. He should have at least covered her face if he had to post it.

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by doggedfighter(f): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
All I see is a very understanding young man. grin

Social media content craze not withstanding grin

Nigeria is stressful.

Any shoulder to lean on is appreciated.

6 Likes

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Benki003(m): 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2022
Na small boy na see em face sef
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by neolboy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2022
He should have blurred her face at least
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Kosoco(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
If the guy out his head on that shoulder.... some frustrated women will be shouting molestation.....or some go say na rp. Why can't man have peace in this world.... it very sad.... everything men do is wrong.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by MERCHANDISER: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
Kosoco:
If the guy out his head on that shoulder.... some frustrated women will be shouting molestation.....or some go say na rp. Why can't man have peace in this world.... it very sad.... everything men do is wrong.
men are endangered specie

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by ValCon888: 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
If taking her photo is "pictorial harassment", then crashing on his shoulder is "sexual assault".

And the picture is evidence she slept on his shoulder without his consent.

Ogun kee you dia.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Mooh247: 2:28am On Feb 18, 2022
Every idiot with internet is now an human rights lawyer
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Gadafii: 2:57am On Feb 18, 2022
Feminist already asking if he got her permission to snap her, those bleeding bitter souls, kaai
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by KhiaW(f): 3:09am On Feb 18, 2022
SportsHD:

She's in his personal space so she can't sue for anything.

2 Likes

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Biggie2000(m): 3:58am On Feb 18, 2022
The girl cute no be small, even without make up sef. Fada lawd I'm falling in love

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by BigYash: 6:33am On Feb 18, 2022
Kosoco:
If the guy out his head on that shoulder.... some frustrated women will be shouting molestation .....or some go say na rp. Why can't man have peace in this world.... it very sad.... everything men do is wrong.
Women want the world to be theirs alone,and some mumu men or let me say women wrapper kind of men will be supporting them.... Meanwhile the guy over do... He for wake her up ,rather than taking pics and sharing online.. Probably the lady go night duty or she take something like piriton.
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 6:41am On Feb 18, 2022
No o! He snapped it for evidence, before the girl will be shouting about that he raped or sexually harassed her.

3 Likes

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by sureteeboy(m): 7:37am On Feb 18, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
See that illiterate saying defamation of character. grin

If it was the other way round, will these dirty leeches protest??
Defamation of character indeed. Everyone keeps forming what they are not online. The way people throw the word "sue" around these days is something else. Even someone living off urgent 2k wants to sue.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 18, 2022
Hope she also lay on his shoulder with his consent? undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by AoifeNightfall: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2022
Kosoco:

They will not have peace until patriarchy is eliminated.
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by RSVP: 9:53am On Feb 18, 2022
sureteeboy:

Defamation of character indeed. Everyone keeps forming what they are not online. The way people throw the word "sue" around these days is something else. Even someone living off urgent 2k wants to sue.

I jzt taya my broda.
The guy would have been a subject of mockery had it been he was the one resting on a female shoulder in bus like dat.
Everybody jzt dey form lawyer online.
What is the lady head doing on d guy shoulder?
That's trespassing and illegal invading of someone's privacy grin
Funny enuf Dem look cute together.

3 Likes

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:28am On Feb 18, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Then I can sue any TV station or movie director that shoots my face into their documentary/movie while I'm strolling down the road abi.

You can't sue for documentary because it is journalistic, and enjoys certain privileges under the law.

But the line blurs with movies. However, being captured in movies unintentionally means you may not have a case against the director. First of all, the director had no intention of capturing you. He didn't set out to capture you, so technically, he has not infringed on your privacy. It is different from someone intentionally recording you without your consent.

As for the case in the OP, the guy can be sued. He recorded her without her permission. I am certain many people do not like being captured when vulnerable (such as when asleep). The best thing is never to set out to intentionally capture anyone without their permission, no matter how good your intentions are.

The boy should ask himself this question: "Would the girl have consented for a photo if she were awake and alert?". There is a high chance she would not have. She doesn't know him well enough. So why take a photo of her while she was asleep?

You all may not realize it, but the boy's stupidity might have caused the girl a lot of problems. Aside the embarrassment of seeing her sleeping photo all over the internet, there might also be a problem if she has distrustful parents, boyfriend or fiance.

The least he could have done was ask her for permission to post the image. I am not sure he asked that one as well.

What is bad is bad.

Many of you not seeing anything wrong in this will certainly not be happy to get home and find your sleeping photo being debated on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by SniperSmurf(m): 10:57am On Feb 18, 2022
Women want equality yet if it was the other way around they would call the man all sorts of names and label him a pervert. Smh sad

BluntTheApostle:

You can't sue for documentary because it is journalistic, and enjoys certain privileges under the law.

But the line blurs with movies. However, being captured in movies unintentionally means you may not have a case against the director. First of all, the director had no intention of capturing you. He didn't set out to capture you, so technically, he has not infringed on your privacy. It is different from someone intentionally recording you without your consent.

As for the case in the OP, the guy can be sued. He recorded her without her permission. I am certain many people do not like being captured when vulnerable (such as when asleep). The best thing is never to set out to intentionally capture anyone without their permission, no matter how good your intentions are.

The boy should ask himself this question: "Would the girl have consented for a photo if she were awake and alert?". There is a high chance she would not have. She doesn't know him well enough. So why take a photo of her while she was asleep?

You all may not realize it, but the boy's stupidity might have caused the girl a lot of problems. Aside the embarrassment of seeing her sleeping photo all over the internet, there might also be a problem if she has distrustful parents, boyfriend or fiance.

The least he could have done was ask her for permission to post the image. I am not sure he asked that one as well.

What is bad is bad.

Many of you not seeing anything wrong in this will certainly not be happy to get home and find your sleeping photo being debated on the internet.

I can also Sue the woman for harrasment and use the pics as evidence angry
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by DoggoneDogg: 11:05am On Feb 18, 2022
[s]
BluntTheApostle:

What is bad is bad.

[/s]

Too much talk to explain a simple scenario.

Anyday you find your face on media in any form, please make sure to sue and create a thread as you do so for our reading pleasure.

Thanks.
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:20am On Feb 18, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Too much talk to explain a simple scenario.

Anyday you find your face on media in any form, please make sure to sue and create a thread as you do so for our reading pleasure.

Thanks.

If you had taken the time to read my post, you will not spew this rubbish.

After I had educated you about the importance of intent in legal grey areas (including highlighting the word "intentionally" ), you still came here to write rubbish.
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 18, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

So much trash in one post.
A big fool.
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by 1Sharon(f): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Defamation of character. What an idiot.
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by seunny4lif(m): 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
The guy tried oooh
I no fit try am
My babe rest for my body for 1 hr self, I go don dey move body grin
Re: Man Faces Criticism After Sharing Photos Of Lady Who Slept Off On His Shoulder by SUPERPACK: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

What is bad is bad.

If you sue him to court he will claim he only took a selfie of his self and the woman photobombed it. His shoulder belongs to him and not a public parlour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of The Uk’s New Immigration Rules / This Extreme Sky Walk Bridge In China Will Test Your Fear Of Height (Video/Pics) / Canadian Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.