Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) (703 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants Bomb Pipeline In Under Water Attack / Militants Bomb Oil Installations In Warri, Delta / BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by bombay: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2009
PORT HARCOURT — WHILE President Umaru Yar’Adua and other government officials were getting ready to announce amnesty plans for militants in the Niger Delta, the Shell pipeline in Bille/Krakrama, Rivers state was attacked by MEND, with a resultant
shutdown of the facility.

The attack has also put out of service the Shell operated Cawthorne Channels 1,2 and 3 flow stations supplying export crude to the Bonny terminal.

In a related development, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has denied paying Niger Delta militants any money to police or even protect petroleum pipelines.

A Shell spokesman who did not want his name in print said an emergency team was already in the area to minimise the likely environmental impact.

“We have received reports of an attack on an SPDC pipeline at Krakrama manifold in eastern operations. The facility has been shut down and an emergency team has been mobilized to limit the environmental impact.”

Meanwhile, Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, the main militant group in the religion has claimed responsibility for the midnight attack.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by bombay: 1:04am On Jun 26, 2009
Got this piece from a news paper want you guys to read it.
MEND should continue until all economic activities are rendered stagnant so that government would do the right thing. And what is the right thing? Resource and Environmental Control. Although this isn’t a tribal struggle, that is, Niger Delta isn’t fighting any other tribe or ethnic group. The Hausa people-though few out of the population have ruled the nation with iron hand and greed-and other so-called majority ethnic groups own and control their land and environment. Why is Niger Delta’s different and when we talk they kill us?

Is it oil and gas? Yes! Why have they not filled their underground tanks and those in space with our oil after over 50 years so they will leave us alone? Why is the government of the Hausa; the Yoruba, and Igbo for themselves against all others so insensitive to the N-Delta question of resource control and true/fiscal federalism when they’re enjoying these rights? They’re bold to talk amnesty to the landlords whereas they’re tenants. Is this not armed robbery, putting the guns on N-Deltan’s head while our oil and gas are siphoned to develop their own homes and fill monies from our veins in foreign banks without end, while the N-Delta child is left in sqaulor; in painful poverty?

I charge MEND to intensify the destruction of all pipelines, flowstation, rigs, etc. so that the foreign oil rogues may also leave the country and do in their home-countries what they’ve done in Niger Delta. Let’s see if their own people will allow them degrade their environment, render their livelihood to zero percent and kill them for asking why to do the right thing.

The Federal Government, their sellout N-Delta states counterparts, dealers who call themselves leaders and the oil companies deserve amnesty and not the landowners. Sadly, it’s only in Nigeria that things like those happening to the weak and disadvantage of the Delta can flow without recourse. There will surely be recourse as we’re seeing with the good works of MEND.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Abuzola(m): 1:32am On Jun 26, 2009
Do u think the militant are stronger than the soldiers or what ? gve d military permit and u wil see them in ashes
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by OneNaija(m): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2009
No Need for that my dear. The Mill ant don't need to come face the soldier they need their cat and mouse Hidden. I support Mend carry on
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by vikiviko(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2009
On Kaima Declaration we stand
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Fhemmmy: 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2009
God will punish them all, both the govt and the MEND.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by dnex(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2009
All these militant no get level. It's all about the money.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2009
Abuzola:

Do u think the militant are stronger than the soldiers or what ? gve d military permit and u wil see them in ashes

It seems so now, otherwise, they wont be begging the crooks in the creeks to accept amnesty. tongue
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2009
nuzo:

It seems so now, otherwise, they wont be begging the crooks in the creeks to accept amnesty. tongue

I am sure they know that the militants will immidiately blow all the pipelines and the fed govt knows that will be end of them, so that is why they are offering amnesty.
Fire for fire, the militant wont be able to stand the govt.
However, innocents will die.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am sure they know that the militants will immidiately blow all the pipelines and the fed govt knows that will be end of them, so that is why they are offering amnesty.
Fire for fire, the militant wont be able to stand the govt.
However, innocents will die.

In other words; they are equal. cool
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by kshow1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2009
nuzo:

Guy, the militants can never be stronger than the military because they are not trained and can be outnumbered. It will not take the military a week to level all the creeks in that region if the orders are given.
Extending amnesty to them is just a political game from the govt.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by biola44: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
although am indifferent 4 now, but these millitants r dumb, if they can try suicide bombing, success is surely theirs, grin
however, both parties(millitants n government) r d same, greedy pple sad, so they deseve each other, grin
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by OneNaija(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2009
@biola44 Why don't you try or are you not a good citizen slowpoke
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2009
Abuzola:

do you know what is called guerrilla style fighting? you dont come face to face with your enemy ok! these guys are well trained and are professionals at what they do. thats why they(MEND) have little or no casualties. let me say this AMNESTY without MEND its a waste of time and the govt knows it. grin
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Litmus: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2009
Guerrilla tactics has been effective against standing armies since ancient times, if I’m not mistaken, yet too many armies when faced with the tactic still insist on doing the equivalent of hogging the main road with their heavy equipments. What Nigeria should do is drop units of lightly equipped men trained in the art of survival all over the jungle and leave them there for months at a time. However, I’m supposing this method is not adopted by national armies because of fear that the men they drop might defect to the other side given what the jungle can do to the human mind. In Nigeria’s case add the fact that soldiers are poorly paid.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by FrankC3: 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2009
Now, the real militants have started talking.

Talking about MEND vs FG, i just think that FG will be deceiving themselves to think that they will crush MEND since convention has never been able pin down the wind. MEND is using guerilla tactics and win points by destroying things. Conventional army only wins points by killing militants who neither have nor obey any set of rules. They are fighting the military from their local terrain and have their target not as the army but as the oil installations. Just watch out, some international interests will soon start aligning with them to get their regular supplies instead of from the unreliable normal channel.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2009
Thumbs up MEND.
Carry on the good work.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Abuzola(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2009
The military have asked for full authority to wipe the militant but the govt didn't saying they re fellow nigerians
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by IKEYMAN1: 12:51am On Jun 27, 2009
mend or no mend

they are crushable??

only if no bi useless naija
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by bombay: 12:53am On Jun 27, 2009
Well i have seen the trash some people have written and it is pity that some of you cannot think properly.
The injustice that is taken place in nigeria today is it right.
What is federalism,is it not what nigeria should be praticing were every region contributes well now who is doing the major contribution.
No one is advocating for violence we all want peace.
Let every state contribute 30% of there income to the federal government it is simple as that.
Do you know that alot of people from the niger delta are ready to die for this cause what mend is doing now is a tip of the ice berg.
In the coming months watch out.
When the gbege set na from the north nia the fire go start to dey burn from.
If you don't know the niger delta people abroad are coming home in mass in preparation for the final show down.
Asawana
shot am make e pass
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Abuzola(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2009
Do u know how much the federal govt is giving them yearly ? is it our fault that their leaders are thieves
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by Ibime(m): 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2009
Abuzola:

Do u know how much the federal govt is giving them yearly ? is it our fault that their leaders are thieves

You are idiot of the highest order and an uncivilised barbarian. Motherphocker, in any civilised country, we give you; you don't give us. Stupid maga.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by alahamad(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2009
Going thru this thread has really been refreshing to me expecially with the fact that i'm not working today but chilling my brains out for the next trading day,

some people are just here to trow words at people and i believe they are also Militants ,

Never think you can try anything with the nothern part of Nigeria and as a matter of fact, it's only a matter of time before you all get crushed like the tiny little roaches you are,

the deadline for the amnesty is coming soon, we'll see cool

some people think thier brothers coming from abroad can help matters, haahahahaha grin, my dear you'll all be blown,

there are better ways to resolving this issue than fighting the Gov,

you bunch of scumbags{Militants}
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2009
al-ahamad:

Going thru this thread has really been refreshing to me expecially with the fact that i'm not working today but chilling my brains out for the next trading day,

some people are just here to trow words at people and i believe they are also Militants ,

Never think you can try anything with the nothern part of Nigeria and as a matter of fact, it's only a matter of time before you all get crushed like the tiny little roaches you are,

some people think thier brothers coming from abroad can help matters, haahahahaha grin, my dear you'll all be blown,

there are better ways to resolving this issue than fighting the Gov,

you bunch of scumbags{Militants}

Hmmmmm! lipsrsealed
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by WilyWily: 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
More bombs are on the way,
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by SapeleGuy: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
al-ahamad:

Your very own militants taliban are preparing to attack the elite, the future for the north will be a cross between somalia and afghanistan. How long can your masses rely on Zakaat. Wait & see.

The government are already tired, They only fought to save face because they were always going to release Henry Okah.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by amarilo: 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2009
al-ahamad:

Hehehehehe I thought they(ND) are your friends. Sapeleguy do u know who your enemy is now?
They refer you as little roaches now.

The day of reality check is fast approaching.

"Owu ote nsi imi ruwa ndi na akpo anwuru"
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by SapeleGuy: 2:48am On Jun 28, 2009
amarilo:

"Owu ote nsi imi ruwa ndi na akpo anwuru"

Translate
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by amarilo: 9:54am On Jun 28, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Translate
So from my post this is the only one that gives you concern, Good.
Re: Militants Bomb Shell’s Pipeline (fresh News) by bombay: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2009
Aboki why are u talking like dis is it because you cattles control the military anyway am a vet doctor i have medicine for unruly cattles. grin

(1) (Reply)

Top Artist Micheal Jackson Is Dead. / Sanusi And Foreign Investors / Suprise! You Can Still Find Good (kind Hearted) Operative In Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.