Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Who Owns Trousers? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Owns Trousers? (1920 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Sanction Woman For Wearing Trousers To Meeting / Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / Oba Akiolu Drops Bombshell On Who Really Owns Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Owns Trousers? by noblegrex: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
This is an issue that people have been deliberating on for years now,and I just decided to bring it up today. It has been an arguement for years as to who own trousers,to the extent that some churches are preaching against women wearing it. I may not be against women wearing trousers,and of course,even if I'm against it,they can't stop.but to my surprise,I've been hearing people say female trousers and my question is;do females own a trouser? To me,is just like calling pot a spoon. A pot is a pot and a spoon is a spoon.females don't have trousers. What I know they have is skirt and blouse,gown etc. What men own is just trouser. No other name for mens' wear than trouser. Trouser is a name giving to mens' wear right from the beginning. Whereas,skirt and blouse,gowns are the name giving to womens wear. Note; I'm not against women putting on trousers because they've got their reasons which is quite understandable but I equally want them to know that they should not make claims to trouser.they don't have Trousers. It doesn't matter how it is shaped-either like snake,fish or butterfly. Shikena.
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by bigiyaro(m): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP, trousers belong to Europeans, both male and female. What of Scottish men that wear skirts?
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
Are you sure @op?

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Trousers originated in Asia, and then everyone - men and women - wore them.

When they first came to Europe, only women wore them as they were considered unmanly.

History is full of ironies like that.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0767765.html

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
Radoillo:
Trousers originated in Asia, and then everyone - men and women - wore them.

When they first came to Europe, only women wore them as they were considered unmanly.

History is full of ironies like that.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0767765.html

Yes, I saw them on Kung Fu TV grin
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ishilove:

Yes, I saw them on Kung Fu TV grin

Is it weird if I say I don't know what Kung Fu TV is? cheesy
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
Radoillo:

Is it weird if I say I don't know what Kung Fu TV is? cheesy

Very weird cheesy
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ishilove:

Very weird cheesy

*covers face* It's not an actual TV channel, is it? cry
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 12:20am On Jan 26, 2016
Radoillo:

*covers face* It's not an actual TV channel, is it? cry

Actually it's cable TV. Even worse shey? grin

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Actually it's cable TV. Even worse shey? grin

LOL! Chai!
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 12:41am On Jan 26, 2016
Radoillo:

LOL! Chai!
What are you doing awake? cheesy
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 26, 2016
Ishilove:

I just finished with what I was doing. I'm about turning it. Just doing a final social media rounds before I sleep off.
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 12:47am On Jan 26, 2016
Radoillo:

I just finished with what I was doing. I'm about turning it. Just doing a final social media rounds before I sleep off.
I've been asleep all evening and now i'm awake. Can't sleep again sad
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 26, 2016
Ishilove:

I've been asleep all evening and now i'm awake. Can't sleep again sad

Isn't that a good thing? I hear you writers function best when it's dark and quiet and everyone's asleep. Write! grin

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 12:50am On Jan 26, 2016
Radoillo:

Isn't that a good thing? I hear you writers function best when it's dark and quite and everyone's asleep. Write! grin
I don't have my mojo flowing jor sad

You have to be in a special place before you can write well. Alas, I haven't been there in quite a while.

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 26, 2016
Ishilove:

I don't have my mojo flowing jor sad

You have to be in a special place before you can write well. Alas, I haven't been there in quite a while.

Wasn't it Stephen King who said, if you think you've lost your mojo, just type your random thoughts on your computer and keep typing until the thoughts begin to become more coherent and you feel your mojo flowing back?

Or something to that effect. undecided
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 12:59am On Jan 26, 2016
Radoillo:

Wasn't it Stephen King who said, if you think you've lost your mojo, just type your random thoughts on your computer and keep typing until the thoughts begin to become more coherent and you feel your mojo flowing back?

Or something to that effect. undecided
My dear, wetin dey distract person plenty o. I know where to get my mojo from. I just don't have the interest in getting it back yet sad

I think it's Dean Koontz o. Or maybe Stephen. It's been so long
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 26, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear, wetin dey distract person plenty o. I know where to get my mojo from. I just don't have the interest in getting it back yet sad

I think it's Dean Koontz o. Or maybe Stephen. It's been so long

Aha! Okay o. grin
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 1:05am On Jan 26, 2016
Radoillo:

Aha! Okay o. grin
Abi o

Lemme leave you to sleep now smiley
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by bigfrancis21: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Radoillo and Ishilove!
Radoillo and Ishilove!!
Radoillo and Ishilove!!!

A kwu m ebe m kwu na-ekili online lomance unu naabo a. tongue...ok ka m jee yite eye glasses m ka m fu uzo ofuma. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Radoillo and Ishilove!
Radoillo and Ishilove!!
Radoillo and Ishilove!!!

A kwu m ebe m kwu na-ekili online lomance unu naabo a. tongue...ok ka m jee yite eye glasses m ka m fu uzo ofuma. grin grin
Hahahahahaha!! L'ekwa my armpit. There's no hair there cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 26, 2016
smiley
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by noblegrex: 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Muafrika2:
Are you sure @op?

ahahahahah.I no fit laugh ooo.no oo I'm not sure of that.but it looks more like skirt.
Re: Who Owns Trousers? by Ishilove: 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Eighty-six People Are Still Unaccounted For. / TD Jakes ,forrest Whitaker And Other Foreign Celebs Of Nigerian Descent / 17 Years After Oba Adeosun's Death, Prince Isaac Ayeni Emerges Erin-Ijesa King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.