Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... (2409 Views)

Prophecies About 2015 Presidential Election That Never Came To Pass / I Prophesied About My Brother In The Army & It Came To Pass;Resigned Priest. PIC / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
The Catholic and Anglican Churches were not alone. In 1843 some 1,200 Methodist ministers owned slaves in the USA. Under popular pressure generated by secular thinkers, all of the mainstream Churches (except the Southern Baptists) performed a volte-face during the nineteenth century. When enough of their members had moved over to the abolitionist cause, the Churches followed. God had always condoned, sanctioned and even demanded the practice of slavery, but slavery was no longer acceptable. God must have changed his mind. Priests, bishops and popes felt obliged to cease owning slaves. Slavery was criticised for the first time by a pope (Gregory XVI) in 1839, but it was still permissable after its abolition in the USA:

"Slavery itself, considered as such in its essential nature, is not at all contrary to the natural and divine law, and there can be several just titles of slavery and these are referred to by approved theologians and commentators of the sacred canons.... It is not contrary to the natural and divine law for a slave to be sold, bought, exchanged or given." (20 June 1866 decision (No. 1293) of the Holy Office (cited in Bokenkotter's A Concise History of the Catholic Church and by J. F. Maxwell in “The Development of Catholic Doctrine Concerning Slavery,” World Jurist 11 (1969–70): 306–7))
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Frederick Douglass on Slavery and Christianity

Frederick Douglass (1818 – 1895)Black slaves were generally not permitted to learn to read or write, since education was seen as a threat to God's natural order. An American slave who adopted the name Frederick Douglass was exceptional in that he learned to read and write in secret. After he was granted his freedom he campaigned against slavery and wrote about his life. His writings are of particular interest, not only because of his personal experience, but also because of his lucid style. He stood as a living confutation to slaveholders' arguments that slaves did not have the intellectual capacity to function as a citizen. An outstanding orator, he became a leader of the abolitionist movement. Although a Christian believer himself, his testimony against mainstream Christians is excoriating. Here it is in a nutshell.

Were I to be again reduced to chains of slavery, next to that enslavement, I should regard being the slave of a religious master the greatest calamity that could befall me.... [I] hate the corrupt, slaveholding, women-stripping, cradle plundering, partial and hypocritical Christianity of this land
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by lepasharon(f): 12:25am On Jan 27, 2016
!

Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 27, 2016
lepasharon:

grin Like muslims dont hate dark skin. Hey aswad !

fecking hypocrite

Why are you speaking , you're female
Bible tells us 1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or too assume authority over a man; SHE MUST BE QUIET
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by lepasharon(f): 1:11am On Jan 27, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Why are you speaking , you're female
Bible tells us 1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or too assume authority over a man; SHE MUST BE QUIET

because I expose the bullsh*t in islam doesnt mean im christian
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 27, 2016
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
1 Timothy 2 : 12

Sister your Bible instructs you to keep your mouth shut.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by lepasharon(f): 1:21am On Jan 27, 2016
If god having a son sounds ridiculous to you. Maybe mohammed flying a horse to heaven also sounds riduclous to others. If you look at your Islamic beleifs the same way you look at others, you too will realise it is nonsense.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 27, 2016
Sister with all respect 1 Timothy 2 : 12 says you should keep your mouth shut
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by lepasharon(f): 1:39am On Jan 27, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Sister with all respect 1 Timothy 2 : 12 says you should keep your mouth shut

You are an idiot, you quoted me first asking for evidence. Now you are telling me to be quiet. You are throwing bible verses at me like they mean anything to me.

Wastemannnnn
Oridotaa
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 27, 2016
lepasharon:

You are an idiot, you quoted me first asking for evidence. Now you are telling me to be quiet. You are throwing bible verses at me like they mean anything to me.

Wastemannnnn
Oridotaa

You seem angry and have resorted to name calling. Sister I wish you the best. Assalamalikum
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by lepasharon(f): 1:55am On Jan 27, 2016
hockeyoilers:

You seem angry and have resorted to name calling. Sister I wish you the best. Assalamalikum

Is that your answer to evidence that Islam is equally a barbaric religion ?
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by malvisguy212: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2016
hockeyoilers:
The crusaders not only took slaves , they colonized Ur lands . In Congo alone millions dead by crusaders. Then took Ur resources.

Africa still suffer today from there genocide on the black man
if the crusaders and the rest abide by the teaching of Jesus ( turn the other cheek /love your enemy) will there be killing ?
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
malvisguy212:
if the crusaders and the rest abide by the teaching of Jesus ( turn the other cheek /love your enemy) will there be killing ?

One of the crusaders slave ships was called Jesus. Only people on that ship were west Africans in chains
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by tpiaobsession: 2:46am On Jan 28, 2016
hockeyoilers:
One of the slave ships that left Africa was actually called ' Jesus '

we know.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by lepasharon(f): 4:18am On Jan 28, 2016
hockeyoilers:

One of the crusaders slave ships was called Jesus. Only people on that ship were west Africans in chains

Muslims enslaved blacks long before the whites came to africa.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 28, 2016
The scale of the crusade against Africans by the Christian against Africa is massive, it's a holocaust. In South Africa we have no idea how many were put to death by the crusaders for the crime of being black.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 28, 2016
Not content christianists took the crusade to the Americas slaughtering millions , still not content the crusade came to NZ and Australia where they slaughtered more blacks.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 28, 2016
How many Aboriginals were slaughtered in the Americas by the crusaders,
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 28, 2016
Bottom line is rich western Christian countries got rich off the backs of dead Africans, and that includes many Nigerians.
Re: When Christian Crusaders Came To Africa... by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Bottom line is rich western Christian countries got rich off the backs of dead Africans, and that includes many Nigerians.

This is undisputable fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why God Is A Half-baked Philosophy / The Muslim Says I Will Burn In Hell Fire...what Is My Crime? / The Christian Youth Development Center – Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.