Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men (976 Views)

Major-General Ugbo, 7 Others Killed In Ugboju, Benue / Amah Daniel, Youngest DPO In Nigeria, Who Wowed The IGP, Idris [SEE PICS] / BENUE: APC Youth Leader, 3 Others Killed In Fresh Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by queentell(f): 10:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in charge of Vunokilang Police Station in Girei Local Government Area of Adamawa State was among the 30 people killed in an attack by suspected Fulani herdsmen on Sunday morning .

Reports from the area revealed that the suspected herdsmen raided four villages: Demsare, Wunamokoh, Dikajam and Taboungo in what is believed to be a vengeance mission over an existing feud with farmers in the area.

Several houses and other property in the villages were also burnt in the attack.

The DPO, Okozie Okereofor, a Chief Superintendent of Police, who was deployed to the state about two months ago, was said to have been ambushed when he was leading police officers to the disputed area. He was killed in the eventual shootout with his assailants.

The corpse of the slain police officer and the others killed is currently deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre, Yola.

The Police in Adamawa have confirmed the killing of Mr. Okereofor.

“The DPO and his team were attacked while on official duty in the affected villages where he was killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen,” the spokesperson of the Adamawa State Police Command, Othman Abubakar, said.

“Report at my disposal indicated that the attackers looted foodstuff and livestock of the villagers before setting the villages ablaze.

“The suspected Fulani herdsmen raided four villages in Girei local Government area on Sunday morning around 5:30 a.m. killing scores including the late DPO.”

Source: http://www.zubbyblog.com/police-dpo-29-others-killed-by-fulani-men/
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
so we no more talking bout bokoharam, its now these Fulani rearers gosh. I need a drink
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by AngryNigerian(m): 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Can someone tell me why violence has tremendously increased in the past few years in Nigeria

We need to talk ooo...

Fulani again!

It has been #Angry#Nigerian

...and I'm just here to #SayMyMind
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by MrAligator: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'll bet 10,000 naira that buhari and lia mohammed will never say anything concerning this irrespective of the fact that fulani herdsmen has been named among 10 most dangerous terrorist groups in the world.silent Jihad
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by vicstar(m): 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
we've not finish dealing with boko haram undecided now is fulani herdsmen lipsrsealed sometimes u won't blame IPOB members
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 25, 2016
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by asadike(f): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2016
...try any reprisal attack or kill any Fulani herdsman and watch Buhari come out to demand why u are killing his ' feofle'.
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by queentell(f): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
asadike:
...try any reprisal attack or kill any Fulani herdsman and watch Buhari come out to demand why u are killing his ' feofle'.

His boys at work
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by asadike(f): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
queentell:

His boys at work
God bless u my sister
Re: Police DPO, 29 Others Killed By Fulani Men by queentell(f): 11:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
asadike:
God bless u my sister

Bless you too

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola To Fayose: Stop Worrying About PDP, It Is Dead / This Group Of Young People Are Doing Great,Nigeria Will Be Great Again / Breaking News Efcc Arrests Obasanjo And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.