Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before (1720 Views)

Amanda Lepore Claims Kanye West Had Sex With Her / Kim Kardashian Ignores Her Daughter, North West, As She Falls On The Ground / DonJazzy Remembers Working With Jay Z And Kanye West With A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by evelynonline: 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dennis Owusu-Ansah is a New York-based Ghanaian artist whose pop art images are taking Instagram by storm.

Reworking and re-imagining some of the world’s biggest artists in authentic African clothing and cultural attire, Owusu-Ansah is highlighting the beauty of Africa through his work.

With bright block colors contrasting intricate patterns, the images have transformed the likes of Drake, Rihanna and Beyonce into powerful African icons in traditional dress and with traditional names.

“After witnessing my friend get teased by a group of men for wearing a kente cloth on our way to church, I figured something must be done to change the perspective of people who are not familiar with the African culture,” he told CNN.

“They had no idea what my friend was wearing. One of the guys shouted ‘That man has a blanket wrapped around his body like it’s winter time.’ I saw this incident as an opportunity to educate people about who we are, and what we stand for through my art.”

After that life-changing moment, 26-year-old Owusu-Ansah decided that...

visit: http://www.evelynonline.com/2016/01/23/kim-and-kanye-west-as-youve-never-seen-them-before/ for full story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by procy7(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
ftc!!!!!! Nice more grease to ur elbow
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by pulsa(m): 1:55am On Jan 25, 2016
procy7:
ftc!!!!!! Nice more grease to ur elbow
chairman you thief my spot na.
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by saintgoogle(m): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2016
The posters above me
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by Smellymouth: 8:04am On Jan 25, 2016
Nice one..

The poster above me tho grin

Egbon saintgoogle,if u want that space, u can go and have it grin

1 Like

Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by Houseofglam7(f): 8:09am On Jan 25, 2016
A stunning work of art
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by saintgoogle(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2016
Smellymouth:
Nice one..

The poster above me tho grin

Egbon saintgoogle,if u want that space, u can go and have it grin

Every space booking was a hit back to back
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by Smellymouth: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2016
saintgoogle:

Every space booking was a hit back to back
grin grin
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Pls this average-looking work should not smell front page else. angry
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by Akposkool(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
I came here to see naked pix only to discover some photoshop ankara looking cartoons
Re: Kim And Kanye West As You’ve Never Seen Them Before by Qualer: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
Speechless3:
Pls this average-looking work should not smell front page else. angry

(1) (Reply)

Portharcourt Big Girl Exposed Her Big Water Melon / Pics:See Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Siting On Floor As She Visit Ooni Of Ife / Nadia Buari Looks Fab And Chic In Fringe Ensembles (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.