Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Laws For Hospitals Should Be Reviewed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Laws For Hospitals Should Be Reviewed (707 Views)

Man Dies Due To Unavailability Of Oxygen In 5 Nigerian Hospitals / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her / How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laws For Hospitals Should Be Reviewed by dhabeautyjas(f): 1:22am On Jan 25, 2016
Health should be the first thing anybody thinks about as if you are not healthy, you can't do any other thing.
I think our health sector needs a lot of reforms.
I will give some personal experiences.
1. Last week, my 23 months old baby convulsed at school and for the fear of delay, i rushed her to a private hospital (one of the supposed best) , they tried to set a line for her using a torch, after which we were transfered to their labour room where a window was but they couldnt find her vein because she is plumpy and very energetic. You wont imagine they actually stopped looking for tge the vein and without conducting any test, we were given anti malaria and antibiotics. Placed on admission. Inshort i left the hospital in anger.

2. Yesterday she had another episode and i took her to fmc. Truth be told they treated as emergency and conducted all possible tests to ascertain the cause of the fever and we were placed on admission. Now to the ward, they said only 1 person can stay overnight with the kid. (that is where the problem is)
Tonight i went to ease my self and before i came back, my toddler had removed the needle they used in setting her vein and was bleeding. Non of the nurses saw her until i came back and from a far i saw blood. Thanks to God she didn't puncture her vein. They just came to clean the blood.
When they know they can't theirjob, y not allow 2 people with the kid. A woman in same ward with a year old baby always had to leave her sick baby crying each time she wants to go get a drug or a test or even ease herself at night..

3. A friend's baby was sick sometimes back and we went to a hospital, we were told to hold on that doctor doesn't come till 12pm.
We went to another and they said no empty bed and they cant even give first aid.

My submission and suggestions
1. Private hospital license should only be given after thorough inspection of the hospital facilities. All these docs using 3-5 bedroom flat for a hospital should not be allowed.

2. For pediatrics wards, 2 people should be allowed to stay with the child to monitor the child properly

3. For any private hospital, there must be a doctor on ground at every instance else such licence should be revoked.

If the government hospitals that are doing their job are not sufficient, the private ones should be made to standard.

Most government doctors have their hospital and for that do not pay attention to their government work, those that pay attention have patients i their private hospital suffer.
Many of these things should be looked at and reviewed.

2 Likes

Re: Laws For Hospitals Should Be Reviewed by Skyfornia(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Happy birthday dear
dhabeautyjas:
Health should be the first thing anybody thinks about as if you are not healthy, you can't do any other thing.
I think our health sector needs a lot of reforms.
I will give some personal experiences.
1. Last week, my 23 months old baby convulsed at school and for the fear of delay, i rushed her to a private hospital (one of the supposed best) , they tried to set a line for her using a torch, after which we were transfered to their labour room where a window was but they couldnt find her vein because she is plumpy and very energetic. You wont imagine they actually stopped looking for tge the vein and without conducting any test, we were given anti malaria and antibiotics. Placed on admission. Inshort i left the hospital in anger.

2. Yesterday she had another episode and i took her to fmc. Truth be told they treated as emergency and conducted all possible tests to ascertain the cause of the fever and we were placed on admission. Now to the ward, they said only 1 person can stay overnight with the kid. (that is where the problem is)
Tonight i went to ease my self and before i came back, my toddler had removed the needle they used in setting her vein and was bleeding. Non of the nurses saw her until i came back and from a far i saw blood. Thanks to God she didn't puncture her vein. They just came to clean the blood.
When they know they can't theirjob, y not allow 2 people with the kid. A woman in same ward with a year old baby always had to leave her sick baby crying each time she wants to go get a drug or a test or even ease herself at night..

3. A friend's baby was sick sometimes back and we went to a hospital, we were told to hold on that doctor doesn't come till 12pm.
We went to another and they said no empty bed and they cant even give first aid.

My submission and suggestions
1. Private hospital license should only be given after thorough inspection of the hospital facilities. All these docs using 3-5 bedroom flat for a hospital should not be allowed.

2. For pediatrics wards, 2 people should be allowed to stay with the child to monitor the child properly

3. For any private hospital, there must be a doctor on ground at every instance else such licence should be revoked.

If the government hospitals that are doing their job are not sufficient, the private ones should be made to standard.

Most government doctors have their hospital and for that do not pay attention to their government work, those that pay attention have patients i their private hospital suffer.
Many of these things should be looked at and reviewed.

1 Like

Re: Laws For Hospitals Should Be Reviewed by dhabeautyjas(f): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
Skyfornia:
Happy birthday dear

Thank you so much
Re: Laws For Hospitals Should Be Reviewed by Skyfornia(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
dhabeautyjas:

Thank you so much

How was it? Hope you had fun?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hear This: Cotton Bud, Ear Plugs Increase Risk Of Hearing Loss / Is This A Health Challenge? / How To Delay Aging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.