Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete (26308 Views)

$1.1bn Malabu Scandal: Italian Prosecutors Request Trial Of Etete, Shell, Eni, O / Jonathan, Shell, Malabu And Etete in $1.1b Scam / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by NavierStokes(m): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2016
WebSurfer:
we are not tired... every man must reap what they sow

Only time will tell my brother, I hope you are having a great start to the work week
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by pinardave: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2016
So because shell BP is shutting down their production due to unfavorable economic condition and the present administration`s lack of direction, and you are here spewing up blackmail. Guess, Buhari should realize that any case against shell will not be decided by his pocketed Nigerian judiciary. You guys should tell this govt to be focus oooo
By now every sensible Nigerian has come to the realization that there is something more dangerous than "corruption", "incompetence"is more dangerous than corruption...... A Man can be corrupt and still be profitable but an Incompetent man makes you lose all you are worth and jeopardize your future.....

Buhari has shown himself incompetent in all ramifications ....... The money we have lost by the crash of the Naira alone in the eight month administration of Buhari should equal and exceed all the monies that can ever be stolen by the Jonathan administration ..... Our economy has slowed down and its growth rate is now less than the 10th in Africa. The contracting nature of our economy means we have lost all the economic gains by Jonathan to such a docile government

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by nastyesco(m): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2016
Soreza:
AS FAR I CAN REMEMBER SHELL BELONGS TO AMERICANS FOR SURE AMERICA AND BRITAIN WILL HATE THIS NEWS, BUHARI ABOUT TO STEP ON COLONIAL MASTERS TOES.
Olodo...shell is an Anglo-Dutch company....more on the Dutch side if I may add...Pls no dey write misinformed comments

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by JesusCrew: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
Untamed corruption spirit go fit make nigeria manage am?
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
Really there is no end to learning. Just learnt something new today about this country. No wonder the whites, both legal and hustlers keep locking around Nigeria Oil.....have been asking myself what their business is and how they get info....trust me u wouldn't understand what i mean.

But the human mind......unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by WebSurfer(m): 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
NavierStokes:

Only time will tell my brother, I hope you are having a great start to the work week
yea, have a blessed week
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by persius555(m): 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
This govt just cant take its eyes off oil business for a minute.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by kennyman2000(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by engrcos001(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Its all about money laundering, as yourself where you have a problem with FG both politically and otherwise!
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Soreza(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
nastyesco:

Olodo...shell is an Anglo-Dutch company....more on the Dutch side if I may add...Pls no dey write misinformed comments
IT WAS A MISTAKE IF REALLY AM NOT RIGHT NOBODY IS ABOVE IT BUT U DON'T VE TO INSULT TO PROVE YOUR POINT GROW UP.
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
NavierStokes:
Probes here and there, there is an inherent danger in doing too much or having your hands full at a time, I hope this government doesn't keep the country stagnant these coming 3 years and 4 months.
You don't mind being in the same spot your entire life, huh? Or don't you know the improvement in your life all that money would have done had it been put to develop your society?
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by NavierStokes(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
pinardave:
So because shell BP is shutting down their production due to unfavorable economic condition and the present administration`s lack of direction, and you are here spewing up blackmail. Guess, Buhari should realize that any case against shell will not be decided by his pocketed Nigerian judiciary. You guys should tell this govt to be focus oooo
By now every sensible Nigerian has come to the realization that there is something more dangerous than "corruption", "incompetence"is more dangerous than corruption...... A Man can be corrupt and still be profitable but an Incompetent man makes you lose all you are worth and jeopardize your future.....

Buhari has shown himself incompetent in all ramifications ....... The money we have lost by the crash of the Naira alone in the eight month administration of Buhari should equal and exceed all the monies that can ever be stolen by the Jonathan administration ..... Our economy has slowed down and its growth rate is now less than the 10th in Africa. The contracting nature of our economy means we have lost all the economic gains by Jonathan to such a docile government

Amico 1,000,000 likes for you, intl arbitration is the way, of which all along these companies have denied any wrong doing. The stock market lost 1.2 trillion within the first 12 days of 2016 alone and we are here talking about probes rather than the economic emergency staring us in the face.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by NavierStokes(m): 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
You don't mind being in the same spot your entire life, huh? Or don't you know the improvement in your life all that money would have done had it been put to develop your society?

MR. Any right thinking person would understand that thwre is a time for everything, right now our priorities should be about the economy and not these probes that drag on with no near term results.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
Well I have seen the direction this government is towing. It reminds me of a controversial statement made by a sovereign member of the northern oligarch, stressing the need for an under carpet conspiracy to be held onto by the region, in order to remain in power.

Dan Etete is the only southerner who can boast of absolute control of OPL 245 and probably the only southerner to be awarded an oil well. As it is now, the oil block where corrupt practises on a large scale has been identified is that of Ettete...

As if we Nigerians dont know the high wired level of corruption going on at par in Northern owned oil blocs. Dan Etete connections with GEJ worsens the matter.

I am surprised at all...the vendetta is on course and the mission is to revoke all the favours and financial empowerment Gej granted his men and the region.....

they want to continue to make us leeches....so that we have no option but to continually look unto abuja and its brothers for help.....in so doing they continue to remain in power transferring it to their kids. . ..

Dangote and his northern brothers and co oil thieves in the west can remain saints in as much as their sovereign control of Nigeria over the rest is intact.

It is just a matter of time.....how long can they clip our wings....until a man is born!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by AreaFada2: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
kennygee:
When Oil Price done fall with no hope of rising?

We had better start recovering our days of Agricultural exports.

Abi o. They should kukuma let the oil remain inside ground.

Hopefully our grandchildren will receive sense IJN to use it wisely. Since we don fail woefully.

Any states that cannot survive without oil money, let them beg to merge with richer states. grin cheesy

Time for cocoa, rubber, groundnut, palm oil, sorghum, soy beans and livestock farming.

Make 9ja safe/secure & attract tourists.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by kaybext(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Sweetguy25:
You think Shell and ENI would forgo an over 2 billion barrels worth of crude oil well easily? These guys are not MTN o. The dullard should remember Shell and AGIP are not MTN.

Dullard junior! Alwys read to understand,nt jst read to make comment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by afroditte(f): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Wasting time on the wrong things ..... As if the Wealthy Northern families who own oil blocks did not do same.....But it is the one that concerns Dan Etete that will have issues.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
Thief Obasanjo hand must be in this somewhere to help Shell steal our oil block.

Most likely this Dan Etete criminal is linked to Thief Obasanjo.
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by tunezvic(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
Buhari is improving day by day.. Sai baba #yimu... Make I book this space.
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by rusher14: 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
pinardave:

Sometimes it would be better to observe things or just carry out a little research.

This issue was brought before the courts in Italy (ENI is Italian) with various fines and punitive measures taken by "foreign courts" against their own.

533 Million pounds was found to have been paid to Nigerian "Big Men" who helped secure the fraudulent sale.

As usual, the country was shortchanged and ridiculed as the field is estimated to hold about 9 billion barrels of oil.

I know you would love to make Buhari out as evil yet, even foreign governments have found the two oil companies complicit in such monumental fraud.

Please see:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2776839/Large-Enis-Nigerian-oil-deal-cash-went-bribes-Italian-prosecutors.html

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2015/06/01/nigeria-eni-misled-shareholders-over-nigeria-corruption-scandal-global-witness/

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKBRE96N0L020130724?irpc=932

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/British-Police-Investigating-1.3-Billion-Shell-ENI-Nigerian-Oil-Bloc-Corruptio.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Panter215: 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
NavierStokes:
Probes here and there, there is an inherent danger in doing too much or having your hands full at a time, I hope this government doesn't keep the country stagnant these coming 3 years and 4 months.
So we should live them to go free. Let's make sense. If you stole please report yourself and return the money before the new sheriff catches you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by baby124: 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
It's good m. It should be nationalized and put under an indigenous company in partnership with NNPC. This is why oil prices have dropped. These guys have unfettered supply of oil and are storing and hoarding the oil. Previous sales of all oil blocks should be reviewed. This is why we are where we are today. God punish the people that sold Nigeria away, their generations to come will squander that money with nothing to show and they will all rever to poverty for 10 generations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by babyfaceafrica: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
Soreza:
IT WAS A MISTAKE IF REALLY AM NOT RIGHT NOBODY IS ABOVE IT BUT U DON'T VE TO INSULT TO PROVE YOUR POINT GROW UP.
the idea is if you are not sure of something kip shut!!!!!...must you talk!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
there will always be fraud when it comes to oil...let the case be handled,defaulters dealt with and indigenous companies get a hold of the 60% quota meant for them..more so let there be true federalism...let us move this dead nation forward..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by sidnazious(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
Krucifax:
I support a lot of the ideas of the Buhari government however a lot of the other ideas of this government is misguided. It would appear that an over emphasis is be put on this corruption witch hunt at the expense of substantive ideas on how to improve the lot of the common man.

Even after seizing this or arresting that. You still need to sit down and factualize how to create employment,stimulate the economy,improve infrastructure and guarantee security. This is what people who voted for "Change" want.

It's tiring and becoming boring that all Nigerians read in the papers about government these days is who they are chasing or who is in court. By all means punish the criminals but when are you actually going to do some governance? What has changed between the last government and the current government that has lead to the actual improvement of the life of the common man. I haven't seen anything can someone please tell us?

My brother, which money do you want GMB to use in creating employment, improve infrastructure and security? Nigeria is dead broke.... No foreign reserves, crude sales have plummeted, even the price is nothing to write home about.

In light of this there are three ways to go about this..... Either they borrow more money and mortgage our ailing future more, increase taxes astronomically thereby suffering the citizens or they recover stolen funds which are lying fallow somewhere and meant for the country initially.

Calling in investors to develop our other resources is not an immediate solution as it will take some years to develop, build plants and so on. This action has been delayed for too long by a powerful few. Do you know that some of our resources are been mined illegally?

If you were in charge what will you do? Think critically about it before you judge.

Just my 2cents.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Julietekekwe1: 12:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
If the government retrieve the oil well, who will manage it? Buhari just wanted his own share of the oil well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by kayfra: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
Sweetguy25:
You think Shell and ENI would forgo an over 2 billion barrels worth of crude oil well easily? These guys are not MTN o. The dullard should remember Shell and AGIP are not MTN.

They've already been found guilty abroad.

This is the easiest case to probe and if the government doesn't go after this then we are screwed. The case has already been tried in the UK and Italy. Another Haliburton case...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by tiger28: 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
NavierStokes:
See corruption fighting back tooth and nails........you shall not succeed in Jesus name!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by ilyas26(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
Cancel all the fraudulent deals, I wonder how GEJ still manages to sleep at night

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by casto: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
Buhari apc want oil block by all means....
Re: Nigeria To Withdraw OPL245 From Malabu And Dan Etete by Dajugba: 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
Sweetguy25:

If you've nothing to say, rather read to learn instead of posting f a t u cious comment. I don't know why some persons feel so comfortable even in cheating them of their right? Yet they're even deprived from partaking from de share. The funniest things is that they come here boasting as if they enjoy what they read about de Nigerian economy. someone is trying to protect their right, they see no reason while you shoul file case against corruption. like it's been said, Nigerians are their own enemy! You will never see a Chinese man talk again another when they believe it's for the good of their nation. But here in Nigerian, because of de tribal leprosy they will never insist to join de govt to help the nation to the next phase, yet you all want change. Nigerians What Do You Want?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Wike's Supreme Court Thanksgiving Today In Portharcourt / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Benue State (Photos) / Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.