Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Benefits Of Party Defection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benefits Of Party Defection (771 Views)

Sheriff Overrules Suspension Of Party Members In Abia / PDP Youths Threaten Takeover Of Party Within 7 days / Sheriff Gains Control Of Party’s National secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Party Defection by Kenmatt(m): 11:44am On Jan 25, 2016
Hi! Ladies and gents. Many a time, I see people tongue-lashing a politician once he defectes from one political party to another. I have also read clauses like "South-South or South-East can never be this or that party.

I just have to be conservative in this aspect so that it will not sound as if I am partisan here. Just that I hate ethnic jingoism like poison.

Party defection is very much healthy for the growth and development of our democracy with these very points of mine below;

It is more democratical.In as much as one has right to vote and be voted for, one should also has the right to change a political party if he sees his or her political ambition becoming like a mealage in a particular political party he belongs to. So there fore, their is a need to change to where your political career or future is realizable.

Party defection reduces the chances of turning a country into an Oligarchy in a democratical setting. Eg: A particular party which waxes strong can continue to be controlling the affairs of a country for a very long period, there by, few friends are holding the country to a "ransom". But with party defections, few big wigs can break out and break up this structure.

It brings about competition among parties. Each party will be competing with one another in order to keep their top bananas. Ruburst manifestos, keeping watch on their members who are in government to deliver to the masses, projecting a right candidate for elections. In that doing, dividends of democracy are unleashed. As they say; When two elephants fight, grass suffers.

As they say, there is nothing permanent if not change. In as much as politicians can change from one political party to another for the betterments of his or her political careers and goals. States and zones can also change from one political party to another for her welfarism to be set into consideration.

Thank you all.
Re: Benefits Of Party Defection by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2016
What about the individuals involved, what do they benefit?
Re: Benefits Of Party Defection by Kenmatt(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
Which individual were u talking about?

(1) (Reply)

#Ekitigate: Go Beg Obasanjo And Buhari Before Its Too Late - Afe Babalola / Nigerians Need To Hit The Street For Protest Or We Will All Die / I Don't Know How I Got To Kano... Ese Oruru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.