Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? (1639 Views)

Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration? / Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget / Political Cartoon - Nigeria's Biggest Thieves Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2016
There is something about life, if you do not know what you problem is and you set out to solve it, you will only end up complicating issues.

It is not that Nigeria's problems cannot be solved. The truth is that we are yet to find out what the root cause of Nigeria's problem is.

If you ask 10 Nigerians what Nigeria's main problem is, you will discover that they will tell you different things according to where their perspective lies.

I believe there are individuals who know what Nigeria's problem is, and they can be found here too. This is our nation and we must make it work!

If we can decipher Nigeria's main problem, we are half way into good times!

What do you as a Nigerian citizen think is Nigeria's main problem?

Lalasticlala
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by vault(m): 5:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
the people in it

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
vault:
the people in it

Can you expatiate Sir?
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by ernesty20(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
What else if not buhari

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Cutehector(m): 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
The day nigeria will improve is when I wake up in d morning and find nobody else living in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
ernesty20:
What else if not buhari

No Sir, I don't think so.

If you think so, then how?
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by yhemsy62(m): 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Corruption is our major problem
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nigerians are Nigeria's biggest problem

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2016
Cutehector:
The day nigeria will improve is when I wake up in d morning and find nobody else living in nigeria.

Hmm! I don't get you.

Are you losing hope in Nigeria?
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
yhemsy62:
Corruption is our major problem

What kind of corruption because there are different shades to the word, "corruption"
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
slyfoxxjoe:
Nigerians are Nigeria's biggest problem

The problem is how?

How are Nigerian's Nigeria's biggest problem?
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by ernesty20(m): 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
Destined2win:

No Sir, I don't think so.

If you think so, then how?
i have answered ur question. U asked us to name nigeria's problem and i just named it. No further question pls

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by XaintJoel20: 5:39pm On Jan 25, 2016
Widespread endemic corruption and impunity happen to be two of the greatest problems facing Nigeria...
Nigeria is one of the country where I know people don't pay for their crime...
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Junior66(m): 5:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
Corruption (monetary) and religion (especially my Islam). My muslim brothers abeg make una no vex o, una need to de less religious for our country to make progress in some directions.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 5:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
ernesty20:
i have answered ur question. U asked us to name nigeria's problem and i just named it. No further question pls

Ok. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by omohayek: 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
Simple - tribalism, because it makes it almost impossible to implement efficient solutions even when problems aren't really difficult, and it provides highly effective cover for all sorts of corruption.

The ease with which Nigerians abdicate from critical thinking as soon as they hear nonsense like "na my brother", "na our son" or "na our kinsman" is utterly depressing. No politician or civil servant is too crooked for some group of Nigerians not to come out in his or her support, as long as he or she is from their tribe.

The same tribal factor is to blame for why nearly every aspect of Nigerian government is utterly inept: merit counts for nothing, tribe and religion for everything. If a beneficial policy might incidentally benefit one part of the country more than another, then it will be massively opposed despite its merits; the Nigerian mentality is that it is better for everybody stagnate together than that people from another tribe somehow "get ahead" of one's own.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by HiddenShadow: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2016
False federalism( Unitary System )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
omohayek:
Simple - tribalism, because it makes it almost impossible to implement efficient solutions even when problems aren't really difficult, and it provides highly effective cover for all sorts of corruption.

The ease with which Nigerians abdicate from critical thinking as soon as they hear nonsense like "na my brother", "na our son" or "na our kinsman" is utterly depressing. No politician or civil servant is too crooked for some group of Nigerians not to come out in his or her support, as long as he or she is from their tribe.

The same tribal factor is to blame for why nearly every aspect of Nigerian government is utterly inept: merit counts for nothing, tribe and religion for everything. If a beneficial policy might incidentally benefit one part of the country more than another, then it will be massively opposed despite its merits; the Nigerian mentality is that it is better for everybody stagnate together than that people from another tribe somehow "get ahead" of one's own.

Hmm! You really got me thinking
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Destined2win: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
HiddenShadow:
False federalism( Unitary System )
Okay!
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Jayne2014(f): 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2016
Faulty foundation
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Curlieweed: 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
Short Answer: Mumuharri

Long Answer: Presidiot El-Mumunin Mumujahadin Abd-dullard Mumuharri the first of Daura
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Scholes007(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
Tribalism within and outside the govt.

This makes the nation stagnant and un-fruitful in every aspect of life..
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by fistonati(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nigeria itself
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by WATCHOVER(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
APC is the problem. They always tell us lies
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
Running a unitary system of government in a multicultural/ multi religious nation. It's NOT rocket science.

Stop using my resources to bulk Abuja and other states. As far as that robbery continues, I have NO iota of patriotism towards this nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by udumosam23(m): 9:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
Destined2win:
There is something about life, if you do not know what you problem is and you set out to solve it, you will only end up complicating issues.

It is not that Nigeria's problems cannot be solved. The truth is that we are yet to find out what the root cause of Nigeria's problem is.

If you ask 10 Nigerians what Nigeria's main problem is, you will discover that they will tell you different things according to where their perspective lies.

I believe there are individuals who know what Nigeria's problem is, and they can be found here too. This is our nation and we must make it work!

If we can decipher Nigeria's main problem, we are half way into good times!

What do you as a Nigerian citizen think is Nigeria's main problem?

Lalasticlala

In one word GREED.

The reason everybody wants to be in power, and will do anything to be and remain there.

The reason we r not satisfy with what we are or have, so we cheat, steal, outsmart, scam, decieve, hypnotise, etc, in an attempt to make wealth.

It is the chief motif for service in Nigeria. Little wonder volunteers organization are not thriving.

Is like everybody's brain is downwards, all of us moving with one simple slang " the end justifies the means".

Everybody wants to get his share of the national cake by whatever means.

That I think is the problem.

The moment Nigerians stop been greedy, 80% of our problem will be solved. People are busy shouting corruption! corruption!!, I think the only Nigerian who is not corrupt us the one who hasn't the opportunity to be.

Beginning from this forum, most people who are shouting, demanding dasuki's head, cheated their network providers to get data in MBS or gbs. That in itself if corruption. What gives you the impression that if you're given more opportunity you wouldn't see more excuse to steal because you're not caught.

The only hope I see for Nigeria, is that which will begin with the proper education of our children. But I again ask, where are the corrupt free teachers that will impart the knowledge we seek?

Except we learn to project selfless service over personal gains, and regard integrity than riches. Except we find the path if truth, righteousness and justice and learn to sacrifice what we have for good of another, We are far from the solution we seek.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
NORTH.....

From 1914 till date.....always bad news North!
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Rucheen(m): 10:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
Religion and or tribalism. People with higher IQ are marginalized,
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by yhemsy62(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
Destined2win:

What kind of corruption because there are different shades to the word, "corruption"
I mean corruption in all its forms
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 26, 2016
Quota System
Tribalism
Hypocrisy
hatred for truth
Islam....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Segadem(m): 1:54am On Jan 26, 2016
We got our independence earlier!
Re: What Do You Think Is Nigeria's Biggest Problem? by Segadem(m): 1:56am On Jan 26, 2016
Rucheen:
Religion and or tribalism. People with higher IQ are marginalized,
e.g.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF / The Voodoo Solution According To Ifeanyi Ubah / Should Southwest Senators Call For NC/SW Summit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.