Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

What's The Proper Word Or Phrase For These Utterances? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Proper Word Or Phrase For These Utterances? (477 Views)

12 Things You Won’t Believe Have Proper Names / Brisket Bone Vs Biscuit Bone: See The Correct Phrase / Can A File In Word Or PDF Be Compressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Proper Word Or Phrase For These Utterances? by Henovy: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2016
This is for the special attention of the grammarians, ''English majors'' and literature gurus in the house. Please I'm in need of a proper word or phrase to describe these situations/utterances. There are pretty similar.
1. Someone tells you '' Please leave by child alone o. You know not how labour is to get a child'' She actually said this because you have no child.
2. You dropped out of school and your elder brother sets up a business for you and you are now a ''big boy''. The next thing he tells you is '' After I have picked you from the gutter and got you to where you are now, you dare to raise your voice at me?
3. A former classmate of yours tells you after a little altercation with him these words '' Comot here jare, have you forgotten that you used to be the dullest in the class?
I actually know the vernacular(Urhobo) phrase or word for this action(s) but please I need to get the English equivalent. Over to you guys (and gals). Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Youth Unemployment Is A Massive Waste Of Resources and time / Ps Help! I Have Been Trying Uploading Wassc Entry / (PHOTO) Ambrose Alli University Razed Down By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.