Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

The Story Of How A Wise Dog Saved The Owner's Life. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Story Of How A Wise Dog Saved The Owner's Life. (711 Views)

Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) / VIDEO: How A Dog Saved Another Dog From Drowning / PICTURED: A Street Dog Saved The Life Of An Abandoned New Born Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of How A Wise Dog Saved The Owner's Life. by Analysiscorner: 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
Animals many atimes, care and show love. Read this touching story about Macy the dog.

The Dog Who Saved My Mom's Life

Macy is a quick-thinking Boston terrier who could give a certain heroic collie a run for her money.

Susie ThompsonĀ O, The Oprah Magazine

COURTESY OF SUSIE THOMPSON

We picked up Macy when her previous family returned her to the shelter because they wanted a bigger dog, which we couldn't understand -- she's so funny and clever. If she leaves a toy in the yard, I'll say, "Macy, don't leave your toy outside." She'll grab it and bring it in.

When my mom got pneumonia, I went to Virginia to help care for her and brought Macy. Mom wasn't an animal person, but Macy followed her everywhere. One night, my mom fell asleep around midnight, and I went to the other bedroom. Around 2 A.M., I woke up to Macy hitting my arm with her paw insistently. I thought she wanted to go outside, but she ran into the hall and stopped in my mom's doorway, refusing to move. I walked in and saw Mom was in distress -- it looked like she was having a seizure. Macy jumped on the bed and laid her body completely across my mother. My dad called EMS, who told him to get any pets out of the way, so I put Macy in the family room and set up the baby gate. When EMS came, she tore down the gate to run back to my mom.

At the hospital, I learned that Mom's kidneys had failed, and she'd been slipping into a coma. If Macy hadn't woken her up, the doctors don't know what would have happened. But her recovery has gone well, and I think it's because she feels so protected -- and she has Macy's unconditional love.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/dog-saved-my-moms-life_us_569ea88de4b0cd99679bb9db?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

(1) (Reply)

6months Pedigree Female Rottweiller For Sale...breeding Standard / Check Out This Amazing Rottweiller Puppies 4 Sale At Incredible Price / Pedigree Boerboel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.