Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,358 members, 7,846,554 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep (697 Views)

With Christal Villa Queens Court, You Can Sleep Peacefully While Your Money Grow / Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep / Landlords Grow Rich In Their Sleep Without Working ,Risking,or Economizing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by solveprob: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2016
Good morning house.I dont know whether this is the right section to post this.I just bought a small property in Meiran last year.I did a little renovation.I just started moving in gradually only to be confronted with incessant noise from a house mosque with a huge megaphone speaker blaring Islamic prayers as early as 5am everyday till 6:30am.This is highly disturbing and I cannot sleep whenever they start.As am typing this the noise is still on.Please I need a solution to this problem urgently.
Please I need advice on what to do to solve this problem.
Moderator please help move this to front page for me to get advice from wider audience.
Thank you all.
cc Lalastica
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by olumide81(m): 6:55am On Jan 26, 2016
speak with. the imam, maybe the speakers could be directed elsewhere, but I doubt the possibility
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by igraman(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2016
It is either you become a Muslim and join them to disturb others
Or you honourably leave the vicinity for them and move to join Linda at banana island.

1 Like

Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by Abatsam111(m): 7:00am On Jan 26, 2016
AH !
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by nutripot: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2016
Leave the place!
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by Luckylife(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2016
Is high time govt enact a law that any individuals or groups that can't use their speakers inside the buildings should not exist at all. How can few group of people disturbing the peace of a community. all religions should take note.

1 Like

Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by Sankabson(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2016
talk to the imam or make a formal complain at the landlord association. but wait, 5am is not too early to wake Up now. what's Your profession if I may ask? make sure Your polite when You discussing it them Sha.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by Tpave(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2016
It can be very frustrating if you are living or had lived in that kind of environment. Government should do something about it. Some churches are also guilty of this.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by solveprob: 5:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Sankabson:
talk to the imam or make a formal complain at the landlord association. but wait, 5am is not too early to wake Up now. what's Your profession if I may ask? make sure Your polite when You discussing it them Sha.
Thanks.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by solveprob: 5:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Tpave:
It can be very frustrating if you are living or had lived in that kind of environment. Government should do something about it. Some churches are also guilty of this.
Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by solveprob: 5:40am On Jan 27, 2016
Thanks all.But how would I abandon a 4m property because someone just dont care about others religion or orientation.Please any lawyer in the house to advice too.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2016
solveprob:
Thanks all.But how would I abandon a 4m property because someone just dont care about others religion or orientation.Please any lawyer in the house to advice too.

Please note that I'm sympathetic to your plight but also at the same tim we have to be reasonable.

Unless there's a law on the book (I heard some rumors that Fashola put something in place in Lagos) then I'm afraid there's not much you can do except you'll end up alienating yourself against the mosque and her jomos.

If it were me I would do any work I need to do against this plight surreptitiously. You don't want to be painted as the new anti Islam asshat in the hood.

If I may ask, did you do due diligence at all prior to your purchase?

Good luck on solving this but I'm afraid you're going to learn to live with this.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by solveprob: 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Please note that I'm sympathetic to your plight but also at the same tim we have to be reasonable.

Unless there's a law on the book (I heard some rumors that Fashola put something in place in Lagos) then I'm afraid there's not much you can do except you'll end up alienating yourself against the mosque and her jomos.

If it were me I would do any work I need to do against this plight surreptitiously. You don't want to be painted as the new anti Islam asshat in the hood.

If I may ask, did you do due diligence at all prior to your purchase?

Good luck on solving this but I'm afraid you're going to learn to live with this.
Thanks.
Re: Help:Mosque Noise Disturbs My Sleep by nutripot: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2016
solveprob:

Forget it! Even if you are the Landlord of the House...there is nothing you can do. Just start looking for another place before your money expires.

Next time don't leave too close near a mosque, church or noisy factory.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sales: 7 Plot @ Eputu Awoyaya Ajah / Plot Of Land For Sale At Iyana Iyesi / 2 Plots Fully Fenced In Ogombo Ajah New Towns @ 5m Each C/o Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.