Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Bahrain Campaigners Warn Fifa Sponsors Connected With Concerns Over Sheikh Salma - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bahrain Campaigners Warn Fifa Sponsors Connected With Concerns Over Sheikh Salma (405 Views)

"I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London / FIFA Sponsors Coca Cola, Others Calls For Sepp Blatter’s Immediate Resignation / Major FIFA Sponsors Call For Blatter’s Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bahrain Campaigners Warn Fifa Sponsors Connected With Concerns Over Sheikh Salma by yingzi: 7:20am On Jan 26, 2016
The Bahraini sheikh wanting to become the Fifa president next month says he would like Richard Scudamore, the chief executive on the Premier League, to be his secretary-general in case he wins the selection.

Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa, president of the Asian Football Confederation plus a frontrunner in the Fifa election, also said he desires the former Manchester Usa manager Sir Alex Ferguson to join a board of advisers that she would set up.

Bahrain campaigners warn Fifa sponsors connected with concerns over Sheikh Salman

However, Sheikh Salman’s bid have been mired in controversy, with human rights campaigners increasing concerns over his function in crushing pro-democracy protests with Bahrain in 2011.

The election to select a new head of Fifa was called following organisation was plunged into your worst crisis in their 111-year history last May with the arrest of officials by American and Swiss professionals investigating corruption allegations.

Scudamore, who would be offered the role of managing Fifa’s day-to-day business under Sheikh Salman’s proposal, has overseen the development from the Premier League into your world’s richest domestic competition.

In an interview with Sky Sports, Sheikh Salman said: “Richard … is still performing a great job at the particular Premier League, and at the finish of the day we need to choose [someone] who is preparing to come in and consume this responsibility.

Sheikh Salman said inside a recent interview that he'd split Fifa into separate “business” and “football” agencies if he wins subsequent month’s election in Zurich, and saw the presidential role being a nonexecutive one involving delegating as opposed to micro-managing the organisation.

Asked if Ferguson and Scudamore may very well be on his proposed advisory table, he replied: “Absolutely, they have the experience as well as the personality, everybody respects them and also the work they have accomplished. There are other people around the world who I am sure will make a similar contribution, ” he added. Rsgoldrichfifa

Salman, who has widespread service in Asia and likely support from Africa following two confederations signed the Memorandum of Understanding, is one of five men bidding to exchange the banned Sepp Blatter as president when the election takes place upon 26 February.

The other candidates are classified as the former Fifa executive panel member Prince Ali rubbish bin al-Hussein of Jordan, the former Fifa deputy secretary-general Jér?me Bubbly of France; Gianni Infantino, who is Swiss as well as the current general secretary of Uefa; and the South Cameras businessman and politician Tokyo Sexwale.
see more at: http://www.fifa4coin.com/
Re: Bahrain Campaigners Warn Fifa Sponsors Connected With Concerns Over Sheikh Salma by sexyvikky(f): 7:31am On Jan 26, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

No Other Coach Has Given Us Much Headache Like Oliseh-nff / Siasia To Recall Some Senior Players Who Had A Fall-out With Oliseh / I Lose My Fucking Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.