Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties (479 Views)

FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds / Banks Risk Legal Suits For Deducting Stamp Duties From Customers’ Accounts / FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties by lekansy(m): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2016
OVER 50 million active accounts in the banking sector will be enlisted in the new revenue drive of the Federal Government with the takeoff of the N50 stamp duty on financial transactions.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has already communicated the commencement of the N50 stamp duty deduction on receipt of financial value of N1000 and above from bank accounts to financial institutions.
However, only transfers from personal account to another personal account, both at the same bank or another bank are exempted from the charge.
With the act already in force, there are projections that the total number of direct cash lodgements in various accounts in banks, the transfer of cash arising from Point of Sale, Automated Teller Machines and mobile money transactions, among others, may hit 50 million in volume per day, with an estimated value of about N2.5 billion daily. For more news stories visit http://lekanbabarinde..com.ng/
Re: Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties by Topestbilly(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2016
God dey...... in a country where the masses always get punished for the failure of their leaders..

This definitely will not have any effect on the politicians and rich people.

Pls don't quote me if u see nothing wrong with dis.
Re: Govt May Earn N2.5b Daily From Stamp Duties by Lobolintin(m): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2016
If I wan send 5k to my babe

So nh 5k plus 50bucks I go send

(1) (Reply)

Guys , Please I Need Urgent And Intelligent Answers To These Questions. / 2016 Digital Trends For Brands / The Easiest Way To Create A Wordpress Ecommerce Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.