Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,110 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Stop Dreaming Start Doing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Stop Dreaming Start Doing (766 Views)

30 Things To Start Doing For Yourself In 2017 / 18 Things To Start Doing Now If You Want To Be Ahead Of Everyone Else In 10 Yrs / What Can People Start Doing Now That Will Help Them A Lot In About Five Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Dreaming Start Doing by Emasky4real(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
The world is full of dreamers but few doers.

The purpose of this article is to inform you that dream
alone does not guarantee success; action must be taken for dream to become a
reality.

Do you have a dream? If you do, what are your plans to
implement your dream?The truth is that we all have dreams, so having a dream is
not a big deal. It is an indisputable fact that dream is the foundation of all
achievements. I explain how this works in my article, how your thoughts create destiny. Dream is only one of the steps
in activating success. Other members of the success system must be applied in
order for dream to become a reality.

Yeah we all have dreams. It is high time we stopped 
talking about our dreams. I want to be this, I want to be that. I want to do
this, I want to do that. The question is when are you going to begin?

When I Become a Big Boy

Shiv Khera, the author of " you can win" shared a popular story in his book about a little boy
who says when I become a big boy I will do this and this and I will be happy.
And when he becomes a big boy he says when I finish college and do this and
this I will be happy. And when he finishes college he says when I get my first
job I will do this and this and I will be happy. And when he gets his first job
he says when I get married I will do this and this and I will be happy. And
when he gets married he says when the kids get out of school and I do this and
this I will be happy. And when the kids get out of school he says when I retire
and do this and this I will be happy. And when he retires what does he see? He
sees life has gone by in front of his eyes.

This story sounds funny right? The truth is that our
attitude most of the times to our dreams is not different from that of this
little boy. We always believe or think that certain things must be in place
before we can live our dreams, and even if the conditions are met we look for
another excuse. We keep hipping up excuses until we end up doing nothing about our
dreams.

It is high time you stopped dreaming and start taking the right
step to becoming the person of your dream. What is the benefit of a great dream
that does not see the light of the day? No matter how novel your dream is, you
will never be celebrated for it until you make it a reality. Only doers and
achievers are celebrated. You can never build a great life and good reputation
on dreams and mere intentions. You must take action. Greatness is not for
dreamers and wishers, it is for doers.

Let us follow the example of martin Luther king Jr who says
in his I have a dream speech that “I have a dream that
my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be
judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

His dream was a lofty one indeed, He didn’t just dream and
abandon his dream, he applied action in the direction of his dream. Though the
dream cost him is life, it eventually became a reality. If not for his dream,
Barack Obama may not have the opportunity of becoming the president of the United State of America today.

You can change your life and change the world if
only you can make effort to make your dream a reality.

Stop dreaming today and start doing.
Written by Taiwo Emayosanlomo
Source:http://www.taiwoemayosan.com/2016/01/stop-dreaming-start-doing.html?m=1

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Stop Dreaming Start Doing by angiography(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2016
Nigeria will make more sense if we youths can replace the 'abused' word- dream, with the word 'goal'.
Re: Stop Dreaming Start Doing by scenarionize(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
@ANGIOGRAPHY.. Dreams are different from goals, so its a bit difficult defining them as the same although they can be said to have similarities.

however, i feel following our dreams most times will help us reach our desired goals..
I have a desired dream of having one of the best online learning portal in Africa, however my goals are numerous, one of which is to educate the Nigerian youths in the knowledge of project management through pmnigeria.com

Are we now on the same page of understanding?

stay blessed bro..

BE INSPIRED
Re: Stop Dreaming Start Doing by angiography(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
scenarionize:
@ANGIOGRAPHY.. Dreams are different from goals, so its a bit difficult defining them as the same although they can be said to have similarities.

however, i feel following our dreams most times will help us reach our desired goals..
I have a desired dream of having one of the best online learning portal in Africa, however my goals are numerous, one of which is to educate the Nigerian youths in the knowledge of project management through pmnigeria.com

stay blessed bro..

BE INSPIRED

Apparently, I understand there's a difference between both words. You only to look deeper into my post to ascertain we're on the same page.

We need goals to achieve our dreams. My dream is to be a highly-sought-after cardiologist in the us, (for instance), then a part of my goals should be passing USMLE 1 in flying colour.

This' where the Nigerian youths are failing. we're failing not in the dearth of dreams, rather in the setting of goals. Ask an average university student in Nigeria what his dream is, he has plethora. Ask him his goals for the year..., he probably has none.
Re: Stop Dreaming Start Doing by Emasky4real(m): 7:02am On Jan 28, 2016
angiography:
Nigeria will make more sense if we youths can replace the 'abused' word- dream, with the word 'goal'.

Dream and goal are not the same. A dream is just something you wish to have or a height you desire to attain. Dream, wish, desire, and ambition can be used interchangeablely. Dream is vague and broad.
To achieve a dream, it is important to set goals, which will consist of series of tasks or activities to be carried out for a dream to be a reality.
A goal is a dream with a deadline. It contains specific action(s) to be carried out within a specific period of time.
When a dream comes true, then we can say we have attained success as far as that dream is concerned.
What is success? Napoleon Hill defines it as A PROGRESSIVE ACTUALISATION OF A WORTHWHILE GOAL.
The bottom line is that dream must be broken down into goals(smaller tasks) to be completed for it to become a reality.
Re: Stop Dreaming Start Doing by Emasky4real(m): 7:07am On Jan 28, 2016
angiography:

Apparently, I understand there's a difference between both words. You only to look deeper into my post to ascertain we're on the same page.

We need goals to achieve our dreams. My dream is to be a highly-sought-after cardiologist in the us, (for instance), then a part of my goals should be passing USMLE 1 in flying colour.

This' where the Nigerian youths are failing. we're failing not in the dearth of dreams, rather in the setting of goals. Ask an average university student in Nigeria what his dream is, he has plethora. Ask him his goals for the year..., he probably has none.

You are on point.
Re: Stop Dreaming Start Doing by Emasky4real(m): 7:11am On Jan 28, 2016
scenarionize:

stay blessed bro..

BE INSPIRED

Yeah, both words are not the same. However, it is the achievement of your goals in relation to a specific dream of yours that will help make your dream a reality. Thanks for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Sales Rep And A Marketer / How To Change Your International Passport Details Without Stress....... / Update On Nigerian Army 75RRI Pre-screening Result 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.