Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? (3009 Views)

Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Am I Wrong For Asking My Husband To Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by eigmaticme: 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
My husband called me today and the conversation went thus

Me: Hey babe,how are you, how is your day going
Him: I am fine love

And we spoke for about 5mins.

I share an office with three other people and when I hung up two of the three said it was wrong and disrespectful to ask my husband "how are you" that I could only ask someone younger that.

I got home and asked the Mr.if he felt offended when I asked him that and his response was he has never given it a thought and its no issue to him. In his words "you should ask me how I am every time you call"

Please let me have your thoughts
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by ladyF(f): 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
grin change your office o, make them no infect you with their sadness grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Zehner(f): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Shou! What's wrong with asking someone how they are..your husband o! Haba. Bad belle people full that your work place abeg. angry

4 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Curiouscity(m): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Over sabi Nigerians. I even ask my professors who are double my age.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by sirteayeni: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
After ur husband had told you it's not an issue. Why asking us again?? undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by eigmaticme: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
ladyF:
.my dear the thing tire me
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by eigmaticme: 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Zehner:
Shou! What's wrong with asking someone how they are..your husband o! Haba. Bad belle people full that your work place abeg. angry
.they seem to think its derogatory
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Deejavuu(f): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
Why do you want to create a mountain out of a mole-hill undecided

Your husband has already told you it's not a problem, so what's the ish again?

5 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by eigmaticme: 9:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
sirteayeni:
After ur husband had told you it's not an issue.
Why asking us again?? undecided
I ask for the purpose of seeking more opinion undecided

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by JVgal(f): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Some people sef, bad belle kills

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Mamatee07: 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
Your colleagues sound like retards undecided

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by bukatyne(f): 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
eigmaticme:
My husband called me today and the conversation went thus

Me: Hey babe,how are you, how is your day going
Him: I am fine love

And we spoke for about 5mins.

I share an office with three other people and when I hung up two of the three said it was wrong and disrespectful to ask my husband "how are you" that I could only ask someone younger that.

I got home and asked the Mr.if he felt offended when I asked him that and his response was he has never given it a thought and its no issue to him. In his words "you should ask me how I am every time you call"

Please let me have your thoughts

You should pick your calls outside the office if possible.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 27, 2016
enigmaticme: I ask for the purpose of seeking more opinion

Your husband's opinion is not enough?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by cococandy(f): 12:42am On Jan 27, 2016
grin grin

One time when I was younger, a lady quarreled with me at school because we said hello and I asked her "how are you" first.
In her words, she's older than I am and I should have waited for her to ask me, then I'll reply.

I was flabbergasted.

That was the first time I'd heard something like this.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Lollipop247(f): 1:22am On Jan 27, 2016
Lol. Will wonders ever end?
So some people still have this primitive mindset eh? shocked
Those your colleagues need serious prayers plus exposure grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by JVgal(f): 5:08am On Jan 27, 2016
Timbuktou:

Your husband's opinion is not enough?

I wasn't referring to u. I was talking Abt her colleagues in the office
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by An0nimus: 6:50am On Jan 27, 2016
Some people take it as a sign of disrespect when it comes from a younger person. I have not even the slightest idea where this notion came from.
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Pineapp: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2016
It's obvious your colleagues single.
79% of single ladies know the perfect advice for every situation. Little wonder why they are still single undecided cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by jashar(f): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2016
[email]na bad belle dey do them. If you don't ask him how he is, who will?[/email]
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by dhummystecah(f): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
They probably wanted you to say "how is it" grin
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Chinum: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2016
All these "association of respecters" sef. That's how a colleague helloed me n I greeted how are you? Next thing I heard was "am I your mate? Chineke! I still don't understand how I went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Chinum: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2016
cococandy:
grin grin

One time when I was younger, a lady quarreled with me at school because we said hello and I asked her "how are you" first.
In her words, she's older than I am and I should have waited for her to ask me, then I'll reply.

I was flabbergasted.

Does the person's name start with an F? grin maybe na d same aunty me sef dey yarn about.
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by cococandy(f): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Chinum:

Does the person's name start with an F? grin maybe na d same aunty me sef dey yarn about.
Actually yes.
Her name's Favor. Don't remember her last name. But it can't be the same person lol.
What kind of coincidence would that be? Huh cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nigerians & their mumu mumu mentality.

There's nothing wrong with that statement.
Just as there's nothing wrong with collecting an item from an elder with your left hand.
Unnecessary fuss over nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by ronald4lif(m): 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
ladyF:

Really sadists of a colleagues I tell ya. grin
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Chinum: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
cococandy:

Actually yes.
Her name's Favor. Don't remember her last name. But it can't be the same person lol.
What kind of coincidence would that be? Huh cheesy

grin ok. Not her. But be like say na ppl we their name start with F dey form this kind egbon. cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by byvan03: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
After they will want to know why marriages fail, it falls because they are some boring old sticks in the mud. Please change office ASAP, your colleagues are too dry and stiff to be humans.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:

I wasn't referring to u. I was talking Abt her colleagues in the office

My bad, I quoted the wrong comment.
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Flexherbal(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
No madam. You are not wrong.
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Fiwasayo(f): 5:40am On Jan 28, 2016
cococandy:
grin grin

I was flabbergasted.

Lol,funny.
Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Maybe it's not disrespectful to your husband when you ask 'how are you' since you are considered 'equal partners'.

But outside close relationships, many see it as lacking courtesy.

For example, you cannot see your landlord in the morning and just ask 'how are you'.

It should be: You: good morning

Landlord: How are you?

You: Fine, thank you.

My little kids ask me 'daddy, how are' and I jokingly respond with 'fine sir, ma'.

Outside those close relationships, many consider it discourteous.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by kaziblake(f): 6:05am On Jan 28, 2016
The people in your office's are old cargo,they are the types that refer to their husband as*sir*.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Who Has Gone Through This As An Unmarried Mother. / New BABY / If Your House Caught Fire, What Is The First Thing You'll Grab And Escape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.