Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job (2371 Views)

Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear / 5 Ways To Impress Your Interviewer / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by seggzz(m): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
I think interview should be two way communications. It should go beyond salary negotiations. To prevent slavery and torments on your job you need to ask your interviewers questions directly or indirectly. I knew of a company I have worked, it looked like I was caged and others. With the help of my past working experiences and other sources I was able to gather the following questions.

1. What skills and experiences would make the best candidate for the job?
This is a great open question that will have the interviewer put his or her thinking caps on the table and state exactly what the employer is looking for. If the interviewer mentions something you didn't cover yet, now is your chance.

2. What is the single largest problem facing your staff and how would I be in a position to help you solve this problem? This question not only shows that you are immediately thinking about how you can help the company, it also encourages the interviewer to envision you working at the position.

3. What have you enjoyed most about working here?
This question allows the interviewer to connect with you on a more personal level, sharing his or her feelings. The answer will also give you unique insight into how satisfied people are with their jobs there. If the interviewer is pained to come up with an answer to your question, it's a big danger zone.

4. What constitutes success at this position and any promotion if achieved?
This question shows your interest in being successful there, and the answer will show you both how to get ahead and whether it is a good fit for you.

5. Do you have anything to say about my qualifications?
I love this question because it's good. Also, you'll show that you're confident in your skills and abilities.

6. Do you offer or allow continuing education and professional training ?
This is a great positioning question, showing that you are interested in expanding your knowledge and ultimately growing with the employer.

7. Can you tell me about the team I'll be working with?
Notice how the question is phrased; it assumes you will get the job. This question also tells you about the people you will interact with on a daily basis, so listen to the answer closely.

8. Who previously held this position? This seemingly straightforward question will tell you whether that person was promoted or fired or if he/she quit or retired. That, in turn, will provide a clue to whether: there's a chance for advancement, employees are unhappy, the place is in turmoil or the employer has workers around your age.

9. What are my specific duties?
This help to know your duties. It makes you know your achievable limits in the said job. It prevents over work and indirectly ask your defined duties. You are not dust bin where every works is loaded on you.

10. How do you pay your workers here?
This helps you know your expected salary date. Some companies pay before the month ends or two weeks of the new month and such like this. Some pay in cash while some in banks accounts. You will not have to wait till the end of the month expecting salary in cash whereas it's through banks.

http://seggzz2005..com.ng/2016/01/ten-questions-to-ask-your-employer-with.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by Mikkyboy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nice.gud job
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by seggzz(m): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Mikkyboy:
Nice.gud job
I know of a friend who got a job but couldn't ask their method of payments. He only had transport fare for twenty six working days, thinking he would be paid at the end of the month. But, waited for about ten days of the new month before he was paid. My bro, before that guy collected his salary he had suffered trekking a distance worth 100 naira transport fare soaking garri.
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by Ridwan123(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
Educative write up
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
I love this. Kudos!
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by Jidalli007: 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nice piece
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by millhouse: 1:59am On Jan 27, 2016
Nice
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 27, 2016
Nice write up op, I wished I had asked my employer these qstns esp 8 and 9...anyways I'll be sure to ask my next employer
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by faites(f): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2016
Nice information. I've already copied and saved it in my documents for further reference.

But, asking all these questions, won't the employer think ur overbearing and trying to act all smart? Hop it's not going to reduce ur chances of employment ?
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by jashar(f): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2016
great one OP. smiley. But, I feel some of these questions should be asked when you're on the last stage of the recruitment process. Like when they've told you you're an ideal candidate.
Na then you go come fire them the questions grin
Sha make dem no provoke change mind ooo grin
Re: Ten Questions To Ask Your Interviewer Before You Take That Job by seggzz(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016
faites:
Nice information. I've already copied and saved it in my documents for further reference.

But, asking all these questions, won't the employer think ur overbearing and trying to act all smart? Hop it's not going to reduce ur chances of employment ?
You can ask these questions indirectly or directly after you have been finally selected. You can't be rejected if you know your onions. Interview is also interactions and not jamb questions. You may not need to ask all the questions listed above but try to ask at least three of it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trainee CCTV Operators Wanted In Lagos / Disclaimer: Please Beware Of Fake N-power Websites / Computer Warehouse Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.