Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose (22109 Views)

Why I Visited Osinbajo – Namadi Sambo / Why I Visited Aregbesola..Fayose / Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by resty4(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
*Says I’m concerned with unity of Yoruba race
*Adds I remain in PDP

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has said that he visited Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, on Tuesday, as part of his efforts to foster unity among Yoruba leaders.
HISTORIC VISIT: Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, when he visited Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, in Osogbo, the Osun State capital on Tuesday, January 26, 2015
The governor, who said that he was not in Osun for any political reason, pointed out that he was not ready to abandon the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Governor Fayose stated that against all speculations from some quarters that he was coming to Osogbo to ask Aregbesola help him beg President Muhammadu Buhari, he was in Osun for the unity of Yoruba race.

He said that the Yoruba race was greater than any political office hence his belief in the development of the race.
The governor averred that the visit of the Ooni of Ife to the 45th coronation of the Alaafin of Oyo was instructive, hence the need for every Yoruba sons and daughters to see to the unity and progress of the race.

He said, “This is my first official visit to any APC state in Nigeria. I am not in Osogbo to ask Aregbesola to help me beg as being speculated in some quarters. We are all Yoruba, politics is like water, it can flow anywhere.

“I was moved by the historic visit of the Ooni of Ife to the Alaafin of Oyo and I am of the opinion that the Yoruba leaders must unite.
“The Yoruba nation must not be rubbished. Our leaders must not be rubbished irrespective of the political they belong to.

“I believe in the Yoruba race, the race comes first before the office of the governor. The race is eternal while that of governor is
momentary. We must watch today to be guided by tomorrow. I am here for the unity of Yoruba as it affect the Oodua, the progenitor” Fayose
emphasised.

While reiterating his ressolve to remain in the PDP, the governor said, “I remain in PDP to play the opposition role.
“In all of this, there must be fairness. There must be equity and the rule of law must be followed. We should remember that power as it was
transient for the PDP, it can also be transient for the party in power now.

“For me, I don’t want to contest which party is dead now or which one is alive. Whether or not PDP is dead, time will tell.
“Opposition is the major ingredient of democracy and without opposition in a democracy, there will be dictatorship. Those promoting dictatorship in a democracy will end up in the stomach of the dictator.”

Responding, Governor Aregbesola described the visit of Governor Fayose to Osun as demonstration of maturity, saying it takes a very matured human being to know that at the end of every public office, he will be left with humanity.

He said, “Osoko has said that he is not going to leave his party, but I want my good friend and brother to know that PDP has exhausted it’s stay in Nigeria, it can no longer be revived, let us look at a political party that will give hope to our people. Opposition must be for a purpose, I stand by you on the unity of Yoruba land and that our leaders not put down in the country.”

He assured Fayose that he will stand by him in his effort to galvanise the people of South-west for accelerated development.
The Governor who lamented the present economic situation of the country noted that there was an invasion on the economy of Nigeria to the extent that the country is loosing 75 percent of its income due to oil glut.
“The country is facing a very serious crises with the rate at which the crude oil price is falling. There is an invasion on the economy to the level that we are loosing 75 percent of our income which is not good.

“At this point, wise people must have an alternative to oil which part of it is your visit. We must use our culture and affinity to form a bond that can make our people live a normal life, it is a duty that we owe our people, States and Nigeria as a whole”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/why-i-visited-aregbesola-fayose/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Give us a break pls undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by OlujobaSamuel: 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
I dey watch.
Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by nzeobi(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
That's the way it should be.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by Topeakintola: 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Noisemaker

IPOB qualities getting to him

Old fool

9 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by bettercreature(m): 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I dey watch.
I hope he won't divorce PDP
Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by Sirfergie1(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Soft landing things, fear of Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by jbbaba(m): 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good one keep it up,let dere be unity

2 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by AwakeNow: 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Indeed!!Fayose at it again
Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by LordMecuzy(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Politics without bitterness. He's a yoruba before PDP or APC...
Over to igbos who wanna kill my state governor because he's APC.. yes Rochas has his shortcomings shaaaaa

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by mycar: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Fayose is indeed the most intelligent Yoruba politician.

14 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:34am On Jan 27, 2016
“The Yoruba nation must not be rubbished. Our leaders must not be rubbished irrespective of the political they belong to.

I believe in the Yoruba race, the race comes first before the office of the governor. The race is eternal while that of governor is
momentary. We must watch today to be guided by tomorrow. I am here for the unity of Yoruba as it affect the Oodua, the progenitor”
Where are the IPOBians that worship Ayo Fayose? I always maintain that ones loyalty to his ethnic group must superced the interests of any political party. Only a fool will create enemies with his brothers ang group because of partisanship.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by BeardedMeat(m): 7:22am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Where are the IPOBians that worships Ayo Fayose? I always maintain that ones loyalty to his ethnic group supercedes the interests of any political party. Only a fool will create enemies because of partisanship.
You have finally gone from level Zero to TOO LOW FOR ZERO! How do you sleep at night oga Tonye? On one hand you propose the birth of Biafra/Lower Niger Republic and on the other hand you oppose the secesionist IPOB? How do you sleep at night with this multiple personality of yours?

@topic, kudos to Fayose and Aregbese, there is life before and after political office. Pa Oduduwa will like this.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by hardywaltz(m): 7:24am On Jan 27, 2016
Fayose ur days as Governor are numbered
U will be the 1St Governor to be impeached 2wice

3 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by BeardedMeat(m): 7:27am On Jan 27, 2016
hardywaltz:
Fayose ur days as Governor are numbered
U will be the 1St Governor to be impeached 2wice
And he will be the 1st governor to come back a third time.

18 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by OLADD: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Where are the IPOBians that worships Ayo Fayose? I always maintain that ones loyalty to his ethnic group supercedes the interests of any political party. Only a fool will create enemies because of partisanship.

What kind of question is that? Your assertion of Fayose been worshipped by anybody lacks sincerity. The only person been worshipped by his blind followers is Buhari who speaks from both sides of his mouth. Yesterday, "Abacha was not corrupt" (despite ongoing recovery of his loots from Switzerland), today "corruption will kill Nigeria". Fayose is a down-to-earth person who say things the way they are. Stop beefing.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:43am On Jan 27, 2016
BeardedMeat:
You have finally gone from level Zero to TOO LOW FOR ZERO! How do you sleep at night oga Tonye? On one hand you propose the birth of Biafra/Lower Niger Republic and on the other hand you oppose the secesionist IPOB? How do you sleep at night with this multiple personality of yours?

@topic, kudos to Fayose and Aregbese, there is life before and after political office. Pa Oduduwa will like this.
You guys think yoiu are smart and cunny, you can't ride on my(our) intelligence.
After the announcement of the result of March 28 Presidential election, I recall vividly how some of us brought about the idea of a collective unity of interest and purpose between the South-South and South East geopolitical zones within the Nigeria State. I remember calling for a restructured Nigeria that will promote the interests of all citizens irrespective of ethnic group. I also remember saying that in absence of that, a referendum be held among citizens to determine whether the people of the South South and South East prefer the present Nigeria structure that favours no one over a separate sovereign State, the Lower Niger Congress/Federation that will favor citizens of the region, and also define the right, interest and terms that is acceptable to all ethnic nationalities that make up the 'federation'. I remember maintaining that this struggle should not be seen as confrontation with other groups and regions but must be confined in the most legitimate manner. It should be one that promote the legitimate interest of the SSSE and not one that set the SS/SE against other regions. This remains my position!

Let me state that the struggle for a better Nigeria that promotes good governance, equity and fairness irrespective of ethnic, religious and political affiliation remains my primary objective. The LNF is meant to be an alternative where the hope for restructured Nigeria diminishes. Though some of my brothers either prefer a united Niger Delta Republic or an exclusive indivisible Nigeria. That however, will be determined by a referendum should there be any. I, shall however align myself with the position of my people.
www.nairaland.com/2682821/position-nnamdi-kanu-led-ipob-biafra

If you aren't satisfied, you should go to court!

5 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:44am On Jan 27, 2016
OLADD:

What kind of question is that? Your assertion of Fayose been worshipped by anybody lacks sincerely. The only person been worshipped by his blind followers is Buhari who speaks from both sides of his mouth. Yesterday, "Abacha was not corrupt" (despite ongoing recovery of his loots from Switzerland), today "corruption will kiil in Nigeria". Fayose is a down-to-earth person who say things the way they are.
Go to court please...

8 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by OLADD: 7:53am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Go to court please...

The only reliable court is one's conscience. Keep it if you still have one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by engineerboat(m): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Go to court please...
i wonder how some act before thiking. @ Tonyebarcanista, ignore this people abeg, they where especting such as 1. Fayose abuse aregbese 2. Fayose blast apc governor.
But the man fail them this time aroung. Omo yoruba rere ni fayose.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2016
OLADD:

The only reliable court is one's conscience. Keep it if you still have one.
Thanks Sir! I'm not Buhari's spokesman to comment on Abacha's statement on his behalf. I have never backed the statement at anytime. I call a spade what it is and I disagreed with Buhari on Abacha's comment. So why should such be directed at me?

As for my conscience, I've paid a lot of price to keep it intact. It is still very much intact!
Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by gigabyte13: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2016
Good one by the ponmo and meat governor. But the yoruba race is not known for insulting and abusing elders except the #AGABYAs and Yam eaters. Unlike the olori pelebes.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2016
engineerboat:

i wonder how some act before thiking.
@ Tonyebarcanista, ignore this people abeg, they where especting such as
1. Fayose abuse aregbese
2. Fayose blast apc governor.

But the man fail them this time aroung. Omo yoruba rere ni fayose.
God bless you! I always maintain that we are in politics for the good of our people within Nigeria. After election is concluded, sensible people will drop any political disagreement to advocate for their group's growth and progress(through partnerships and constructive criticisms). I think Fayose though a ***(lips sealed) should be commended for his loyalty to his race. I saw how he advocated for Fayemi's clearance and stuff.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by gigabyte13: 8:08am On Jan 27, 2016
LordMecuzy:
Politics without bitterness. He's a yoruba before PDP or APC...
Over to igbos who wanna kill my state governor because he's APC.. yes Rochas has his shortcomings shaaaaa

Yeah a lesson indeed. But will they learn? I doubt. The meat and ponmo governor had spoken well this time around.

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by joseph1832(m): 8:11am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless you! I always maintain that we are in politics for the good of our people within Nigeria. After election is concluded, sensible people will drop any political disagreement to advocate for their group's growth and progress(through partnerships and constructive criticisms). I think Fayose though a ***(lips sealed) should be commended for his loyalty to his race. I saw how he advocated for Fayemi's clearance and stuff.
The embolden reeks of ethnic sentiment and you know it. So your peoples growth comes first? Ahead of the growth of every Nigerian? And you call yourself a nationalist and wanting what's best for Nigeria? Tsssk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2016
We are not enemies but friends, though passion may have strained it must not break our bond of affection - Abraham Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by coldsummer: 8:40am On Jan 27, 2016

[size=18pt]
Lol. He says politics is like waterm it can flow anywhere. Hahahahahahaa

Ok o... we are waiting to see where your water will flow next.

[/size]

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by bobbiekrantz: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2016
FAYOSE!...The Slayer of APC,,Buhari and The whole of Zombies!

If you hate this man's methods..then you must be a dumbo!..quote me and die

PS;

TonyeBarcanista!..Respect yourself and shut the fvck up!..you want to start up a tribal E-war here!..

IPOB Shouldn't give you so much nightmare's..

Long live Nigeria
Long live PDP
Long live Out compatriot's
Long live us all..

remain blessed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by engrjosefz(m): 10:45am On Jan 27, 2016
kk
Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by echomog1: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Topeakintola:
Noisemaker

IPOB qualities getting to him

Old fool
wonders shall never end oo.....yoruba man calling somebody a noise maker....8th wonder od d world.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by modath(f): 10:47am On Jan 27, 2016
E go do people like film trick sha, when Fayose Dabo them, he knows he is a pariah & is extending the Olive branch..

Temitemi , come & see your "rose model" consorting with enemies of una party oooo.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Aregbesola – Fayose by ademega(m): 10:47am On Jan 27, 2016
talk tru Mr man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Administration Recalls Abdulrasheed Maina, Wanted Ex-Pension Boss Sacked / "Osinbajo Confirms Buhari’s Impotence" - Abimbola Adelakun / JUST IN: Saraki, Dogara, Others Defection Unlawful, Says Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.